1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Low sitting APBT's-

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by NavasInc, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

There ya go! :)

2. FLpits

FLpits Big Dog

theres a fun show april 19 in tampa why don't u go and look around, maybe talk to some kennels and see what they have.

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I'd say check out Pit Bull Rescue Central. They have tons of APBTs & APBT mixes who are there through no fault of their own (i.e. owner death, divorce, etc.) who need good homes. You can find many "low rider" dogs there aged from 8 week old puppy to trained adult.

Check them out. You might find what you want there. Plus you'll be saving the lives of TWO bulldogs! here is one to get you started. She is a featured dog & probably as "low" as you can get! lol.

http://pbrc.net/webapp/cgi-bin/dog_detail.cgi/79ab498ecd6cc4451c246bb02255d43e?id=7625

Here is a link to the PBRC main page:

http://www.pbrc.net/

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2008
  4. FLpits

FLpits Big Dog

here's a website were the dogs are so called lowriders, but i wouldn't mess with them. I meet the breeder in person and his dogs and i think allot are mix with EB,
    http://www.geocities.com/xk9kennels/

5. something like this???

Attached Files:

6. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

That dog looks pretty standerd to me. Just has some serous bone to his front end.

7. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Like this one. I belive this is a bone deformity, I Forget the name. Im shure mia or somone elts will Know. There have been threds about this dog and others who may or may not have this condition that I speek of. Bad nutrition can also cause this. All of us have certan traits or looks we are partial to. But choosing a dog souley based on its low stance. Is no better than picking a dog souley on it's color,size etc... Imo http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=18202

8. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

I know MinorThreat on here has described dogs off of Lil Tank like that.

9. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

Hey NavasInc, I don't think there is anything wrong with the shorter and squattier dogs. If that's what you like, cool. I think the main thing is that you don't want to get a dog from someone that just breeds for that "look" and ignores all the other traits (health, temperment, drive). You want to get an all around stable dog.
    Best thing for you to do is attend some shows (there's a sub-forum here that lists the shows/dates). Then you can see dogs firsthand and network with people. Good Luck.

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

The condition that causes a lot of these short legged, heavy boned APBTs is called chondrodysplasia. It is a type of dwarfism that is genetic in nature. It is what give the Bassett Hound & Dachund their distinct short, bowed legs. In APBTs it is found mostly in the Bullyson line of dogs, mainly the Midnight Cowboy & Hall strains.

If you want to know about chondrodysplasia, use the search engine on this site & you will find several threads on it.

11. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Yeah but goodfella kennels IMO looked crossed. I like that pure APBT face not a bulldog face. but ill look into that thanx 4 the reply!!!!

12. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Registry is a plus and what im leaning to but I am open minded and would take a APBT who needs a good home!To be honest his main job at my house is home protection. Inside pet.Living the good life LOL!!!

13. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

You are right about that !!Ill look into that show!!Thanx for the reply!:)

14. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

NO not really . Thanx though.

15. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Excatly thats why im takin my time and researching and listening to what people say and seeing things for my damnself. You can become attached to ya dog and then if he got health issues it sux and ruins the experience.A good dog can turn a bad day at work into a better day. but health issues can be more stessful than its needed.THANX 4 THE REPLY!!

16. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Man that chondrodysplasia defect looked horrible man that is not good at all!!!!!!!HORRIBLE. Not that short !lol! Nooooo..17- 14 inches tall is good.

CD looks horrible!!!!

17. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Ya know, for the most part of this thread, I didn't think it was going to get to this point.

You should look at other breeds before get ours mentioned in the media negatively.

18. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Ive owned plenty of pitbulls without altercations little man. And who said its yours?

19. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

a pit bull for home protection isn't good stuff.

20. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Pipbull is right Navas. The APBT is the absolute WRONG breed for home protection. Here is why:

1: They weren't bred for it. While most APBTs will bark at a stranger (if they even do that!), when push comes to shove, most purebred APBTs would hide behind YOU if an intruder broke into your home!

A sign of a well bred, pure blooded APBT is a LACK of human aggression. This is so much so part of the breed temprament that most breeders of standard APBTs actually have to keep guard dogs in their yard to keep ppl from stealing their bulldogs!

2: Even if your APBT would protect you, YOU are legally liable if the dog bites someone, even if it is a legit bite. This has already happened at least one time before. In that case an APBT bit an intruder, the intruder sued & the family who owned the dog ended up paying all the criminals medical fees & legal costs!

3: APBTs do not deter criminals in any way shape or form. In fact they ATTRACT criminals! Ask anyone here on the forum who has bred these dogs for any length of time. They will tell you dog thieves are rampant & these dogs attract thieves like bees to honey. Dogs have been stolen right out of the owner's backyard & homes have even been broken into to steal these dogs. And this is doubly true for the "low rider" dogs.

That being said I would also like to point out 99.99% of all the short APBTs are either mixed bred or affected w/ CD. CD is not always as severe as it is in Shorty Cowboy. Sometimes the only evidence of the disease is a shorter leg, thicker bone & perhaps a slight bowing of the legs.

A dog w/ CD would make a simply horrible protection dog b/c in most cases the dogs are slow moving or if they can run fast it is only for short sprints.

Those things being said I think you should get a breed that is bred for protection - i.e. Doberman, German Shepherd, Rottweiler, etc. If you want a short bulldog for a pet, great. But there is no sense whatsoever trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, which is exactly what you would be doing if you tried to use an APBT as a protection dog.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008