1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Low sitting APBT's-

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by NavasInc, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Ok NoviceInc. I stood by you for most of this thread, but now you're starting to disrespect. Why call names? People are just trying to help you out. If you already "know it all" then why are you in here asking questions? The American Pit Bull Terrier is NOT A PROTECTION BREED! Thats not an opinion my friend, thats a fact. Good luck in your search.

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

when good threads go bad. let's try to keep it clean

3. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Navas, if you come out to the Tampa fun show on April 19th, I will be there, and will hopefully have one or two of the rescue dogs with me. The folks there, and myself, will be glad to help you find what you need. Visit the club's website for the show info, http://www.midfloridapitbulls.org/

Property protection is not a strong point of this breed, however. So keep that in mind during your search.

4. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

If you want a protection dog, I'd look into a different breed. Dobermans are really great pets and good protection dogs...
    Make sure which every breed of dog you end up getting for protection is train properly, and not just trained to "attack"...
    Some good "bully breeds" for protection work are the Cane Corso, Boxer, American Bulldog, French Bulldog, Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog, and Bull mastiff. (if I am wrong on any of these being good guardians, please correct me.)

5. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

IMHO Am Staffs don't do to bad with home protection.... But I would recomend another breed all together. Get yourself a well bred Bull Mastiff, Rot, Dobe, hell even a Chow Chow. But I don't feel an APBT is the dog for the job. Just my 2 cents.... Good luck with your search.

6. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

I aree 100%. Cane Corsos are awsome. That is a good suggestion.

7. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Navas: I have to agree w/ Gamebred DJ. Not cool to call someone out of their name, esp. when they are trying to help you.

GSDbulldog: "The folks there, and myself, will be glad to help you find what you need." I hope you aren't going to try to help him find some HA low rider! :eek:

coolhandjean: I think you meant French Mastiff, not French Bulldog. ;)

French Bulldog:

[​IMG]

French Mastiff:

[​IMG]

TheVictors: I would NOT recommend a Cane Corso (or a Presa Canario!) for protection work. Not b/c they can't get the job done. They can do it & do it well. But I would not recommend them b/c they look like APBTs on steroids. Heaven forbid if a Corso or Presa bites someone, as it will be likely reported as a "pit bull" attack. :rolleyes:

JMHO ...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008
  8. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Nope, I meant French bulldog. I don't know much about the breed, so, I could have just been reading a bumsteer of a site, but it said that "But Frenchies also make good watchdogs." --Up, I see where I went wrong. I was taking watchdog as protection, which isn't the same, my bad...
    Never heard of the french mastiff, but I'm sure it'd do good as well. :)

9. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

I aree that was my original reason for not mentioning them in my original post. I should have stuck with it. :D

10. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

GBDJ and ABK, thanks for stickin up for me, but I'm good. I got called little over the internet, that doesn't really phase me.

At least this little man can defend his own ass. I don't need to get a cur dog to do it for me.

ETA: I'm talking about the need of an APBT guard dog, not you 2 backing me up. Lmao, just saw how that looked!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008
  11. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Yeah, at first I was like "ouch" lol.

12. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

And it would more than likely break their arm, or where ever was bit. Thats not an animal you want grabbing and shaking a person. Have you seen what they do to hogs? Imagine what they would do to a human. There is nothing wrong with any protection breed. Afterall, thats what they're bred for. GET TO KNOW YOUR BREEDER or you may end up with all kinds of genetic defects, no matter what breed you get.

13. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Yeah Pip, that raised an eyebrow! LMAO Its all good man. We all know you're intergame. LOL Go get em boy! Dont scratch into your monitor too hard, you might break your nose. :eek:

14. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Thanx for your opinion I wanted to start a new thread about APBT for home protection to continue.
    And I learned alot from you thanx for showin me that thread on CD that was good to know. I am staying away from CD looking dogs taht was some horrible pics you had in that thread.Lookin at it from the dogs P.O.v. thats painful.

P.s. I never said I knew it all I came on here to learn more.:rolleyes:

15. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Right on man. Thats what we like to hear/see. Thanks for being a level head. :)

16. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

LMWAO! That's good stuff right there.

17. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

Student to the game!:cool:

18. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

In my research for smaller APBT's ive seen alotta smaller pits that look very athletic and dont look like they have any CD. The papers show they are pure bred APBT's so Im not seeing mixes theres gotta be smaller lines out there.Anyone know where to find them?

19. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Nobody should be breeding for size alone, either big or small. There's a lot more to the breed than just the height and weight.

You should definitely check out some local breed shows to see the dogs in the flesh, rather than just on the computer screen.

ETA: Where in FL are you?

20. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

The Lonzo line throws a lot of smaller dogs. Some are thick boned, some are not. I myself have a bitch here who is 7/8ths Lonzo & the last time she was weighed, she weighed in at 17 lbs on the chain. Most however range in the 30 - 40 lb range.

Here is a pic & ped on my dog (standard APBT @ 17 lbs):

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=74156

Here is a pic & ped on a bully Lonzo dog (bully dog @ 33 lbs):

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=67956

There are however, as w/ any bully type dog, whispers that Lonzo bred in some Eng. Bulldog to get the bully look since the original Lonzo dogs were not bully.

Who knows? I don't see any overwhelming EB influence myself, but only Lonzo knows & he isn't talking! But at least they don't have CD! lol.