1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Male or Female?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Colossus, Mar 3, 2010.

1. duckmike

duckmike Big Dog

I prefer a male but thats just a personal preference i do think a male is a little harder to train but they don't bleed all over and you don't have to worry about them getting pregnent so you dont have to dig a hole. i don't believe either male or female bonds any different thou

2. rooftopdrop

rooftopdrop Big Dog

well keep them females locked up!!!!!! when ya have a male ya have to worrie about i p-ick in the nieborhood....with a female you have to worrie about all the pr-cks in the neiborhood!!!!:)

3. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

The bleeding is the only down side to owning a female. but thats also the best part. all you gota do is find you the right stud pay the stud fee and you got a whole litter of pups for dirt cheap.

vic

4. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Well I have found that all the female APBTs seem to bond stronger with my husband and the males all seem to bond with me a little better. I like them both and will work them both. I think the females are a little less stubborn than the males, but I think the males seem to have a little more dependable behavior.
    My males are not big humpers on people, but all my females will hump my males in a heartbeat. I think that is all a big confidence move myself.
    They all seem to be in a hurry to show the male that they are brave and confident. JMHO

5. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

i prefer bitches because they are the foundation of good dogs

6. Jelet

Jelet Banned

I prefer males because I don't like the process of females in heat. I dislike dealing with this.
    And I don't want a random dog going up to my female and getting her pregnant.(while on the chain)
    I own a male now and I have zero issues. Not sure if its just him or what. Sure he humps every now and then(not people, but just humpable objects laying around in the house, like his blanket) but whats the big deal. let him do his thing. zero issues. I like him perfectly--- temperment wise.

7. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

a female in heat is no issue if you know what your doing.

i agree tony413!

8. Cinjent

Cinjent Pup

well, all the dogs that played Lassie were male (except for the one episode where Lassie had pups). and i can't think of any females on any tv shows or movies at the moment... there has to be some relevence here... somewhere.. i've had females in the past and they were Great... this time around, i got a pup that is male

9. popper

popper CH Dog

well , how do you know this?

10. CTG

CTG Big Dog

no preference for me. i'll just take the one i like most when i check them out playing.

11. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

I prefer males dogs.

12. ganja

ganja Big Dog

I'm not with the females being more close to the family...

our bitches are more attrackted to my fiancé and my moms boyfriend than us (my mom, my sister and me) and the dogs are definately the oposite and tend to be more attrackted to the girls in the house than to the guys... but that's just my personal experience with both...

I prefer males personally, I find them to be way more goofy than females lol :)

13. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

LMAO! @ "Humpable Objects"

Vic

14. Cinjent

Cinjent Pup

well, i just always knew.. didn't think it was a secret.. but since you ask, i looked it up and "All the dogs portraying Lassie have been male" is a quote from lassieweb.org. but, as for this statement supporting any arguement to males being better ehhh sadly it's a flop.. they used males so that Lassie would be a big heroic dog etc etc etc, not because males are any better.

15. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

i was thinking female because i always had females so i'm used to them, but maybe there is a slight chance that i pick a male this time just for the experience. but also heard that a male could be a real pain in the ass! guess that depends on the dog though!

16. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

I rather have a Male for the reasons Jelet stated above.

17. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

"best" and craziest dog i ever had was a bitch, but she was an attention whore and liked only me. but i prefer male dogs

18. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

I like both but I always preferred a female.

19. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

Many thanks guys.... Still just don't know what i will pick. :confused:

Female 75% chance

Male 25% chance
    :rolleyes:

20. venom

venom Top Dog

Pick the dog that you think is the best available at the time... the dog you think will be best suited for you.

I've liked females more because i've owned more females than males as adult dogs, not including pups obviously but thats why i rather a female. I wouldn't let that discourage me from picking a male if i thought he was gonna turn to be the best dog in the litter though. Guess it depends on the age of the pup and what exactly you're looking for in a dog.