1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Male or Female?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Colossus, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

This is about the best advice given in this thread.

Just pick what the best looking dog is of the litter, If you can handle a male or female then it really doesn't matter.

2. OutInCA

OutInCA Pup

Grandma, mama, daughter and grand daughter get along great and all know their place. Even in a Pick up truck. I do not think that would be the case will all males. The dog that sold me on the breed was a male. Chisel.
    http://humboldtpitbulls.com/P2TheMales_Chisel.html:dogkiss:
    He did not get along to well with him grandson after living with him for close to 1 year.:rolleyes:

3. OutInCA

OutInCA Pup

4. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

male if APBT, female if boerboel.

i will always have an APBT and boerboel pair, my current set has worked out real nice.

5. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I personally don't like dealing with the heat cycle; all of my females have bonded really closely with the family, but at the same time they are clingy to the point of being annoying sometimes.

It's really a toss up, though. I just go with what I like at the moment.

6. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

Doesn't really matter to me. My next would probably be a female, not looking forward to the heat cycles though. Getting the males all riled up...

7. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I liked my females more. Mine have all been sweethearts. Every male I have owned has been a hard headed asshole. Me being the same we often have a battle of wills. I hate the heat cycle in females, especially in a house dog. It's a minor inconvience if the are good one.

8. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

This is a good thread.
    I actually tought that I difnetly would go for a male dog (apbt) as my next dog as I have a male now (jrt). (I think of getting another after he's gone)
    But now thad I have read this thread I started of thinking I should not limit my self with the gender of a dog. I should get the best possible dog available...

9. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

offcourse if the dog is really good it doesn't matter what gender... I'm just more in to females :p but i have never owned a male so thats why i posted this thread.

At the moment i'm still thinking of going with a female. time will tell!

Thanks guys for all the advise..

10. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

I agree completely with the attachment ordeal! my girl can drive me up the wrong hills with this she is fully clingy on me I mean FULLY and it does become annoying when I need her to separate she will always give some indication that she is not happy the moment I step out of the room. I am only saying though I still love my girl even though she is a clingy female :rolleyes:;)

11. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

I see most people on this thread prefer female dogs but from what i see most the dogs that are mentioned, past or present, seem to be males.

12. Pitless2208

Pitless2208 Big Dog

I prefer males

13. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

I gues females are easier in handling. No?

14. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

My males a pain in the ass. I'd take a bitch anyday. :dogtongue:

15. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

Thanks guys! made my choice it's gonna be a female! :D