1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Man Eaters Gary J. Hammonds (Pit Bull Gazette, May 1982)

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by realonebulldog, Apr 16, 2006.

1. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

and i thought indy turn exit seats were dangerous...
    the match kept going? bad azz.

2. Well, I believe thats true...lol....but this kind of adventures are rare to the vanishpoint....most times this dogs are focuset on the other dog.....however great story! By the way,,,wich dog made it....the manbiter?

3. B

B CH Dog

I've been bitten by redirects twice. It was never the animals fault and I still feed them to this day. They are wonderful with people, kids, etc but don't get them worked up and get in their way on accident. True 100% aggressive towards human man biters are not common occurances. Usually the situation or environment dictates if a dog is going to bite. We've had a lot of conversations on this topic in the past if anyone is interested in reading some of it you can do a forum search.

Regards,

B

4. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Bumping this back up!

5. rocco

rocco Big Dog

Well me personally, I dont have a 50 dog yard, but I have a few. And one that is a straight man eater and I love him to death! I have been with these dogs for years around alot of older dogmen and they had some. None I know of got rid of em. I was taught every dog is worth somethin and has some good in them. I have had another one but my mom shot him, daym good dog too, but ay..

And before anyone culls theirs hey I will take him!

6. TENNESSEE

TENNESSEE Pup

let me say this...I wouldnt keep one if he hadnt done anything...but if he has proven his worth in the [] or putting out a good % of good [] dogs then yes...i wont put one down that can do those things...like some have said there are different reasons some bite...its not always cause they just want to eat you up...now im not telling anyone what to do with their yard...cause i dont want them to tell me what to do with mine...im perfectly capable of owning a dog like that and keep him contained and safe

7. There is a big difference between maneater and manbiter. Manbiter snaps maybe sometimes aside and is heavy to control. Maneater looks for the direct confrontation and tries to kill a person just like he would kill a pig or a horse. If you breed Bulldogs you should admit absolutely NO aggressiveness towards people.I know, many think differently and exactly this is a big part of the whole problem since aggressiveness against people is transmitted....

8. ...bump...good read.

9. masta of game

masta of game Banned

good read.

10. masta of game

masta of game Banned

u right its only in theory.. i love a good man biter lol, but not for me

11. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I guess there are different opinions on this topic as well as many others. Personally, I wouldnt have a man biter on my yard. Im no where near experienced enough to deal with an HA APBT. Cockers and poodles and all those ankle biting shit eaters dont have anywhere NEAR the tools to cause destruction as any bully breed. Look what they've been bred to do for the last so many years...HUNT. They are a working breed and thats what they love to do. Work. When I get my feathers ruffled, it doesnt take a whole lot to send me back to my roots either. This is an old ass thread but Im glad it was brought up. Our foundation dog was HA, thats why TripleJ was the only mofo to ever get close to him. But he was an ace. Period. A true ACE and one hell of a producer. HA towards a stranger and HA toward an innocent child are two totally different ball games. I would cull an HA dog no matter what the circumstances, but thats just my greeness shining through I suppose. Thats why I have a mentor who IMO is the best in the business. Anyone who doesnt think so should see what he has accomplished in the last 15 or so years. Jigger X Cherrybomb shit is still renound in Florida. You better ask somebody. YIS, D.

12. short1

short1 Big Dog

I know I wouldnt have my line of dogs if they were to have been culled for biting I mean chinamen even bit someone then as was stated earlyer bullyson was a bad man biter zebo I believe attacked adams son not sure if thats whos son was bit very badly I remember reading in a few old mags were there were a few man biters just once placed in the box they were more focused on the dog then the human. I even thought I heard one time bolio had a questionable temperment Not 100 % sure on that one but that covers alot of blood lines right there

13. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Bullyson was bad about it. I heard he would attack you in the car while driving him somewhere. Imagine that. Bullyson jumping on you behind the wheel.:eek: That would sooooo suck!

14. apbtproud

apbtproud Pup

Great Article,
    thanks for sharing..;)

15. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Dude i dont think the word "suck" quite works there! lol
    Wonder if they found that out by transporting him loose in the car? And i bet you what, they never transported the bastard loose in a car again!! ;)

16. koening

koening Top Dog

so he bit he's owner ? the man who feeds him and takes care of him ?

17. Mamba

Mamba Big Dog

Dogs are not Cocacola bottles, all s...as Hammonds rightly tell how instinct on bite is property of all cinologic Races...why not on pits? i remember to all on opposite opinions that first, the dogs used hundreds years ago for selecting as Bulldoggers, Bears or Lions doggers and AFTER start to selecting as pitdogs was not easy handling dogs as we can learn from the most historicals chapters about origines of modern APBT...and is the same genetic code that run on ours dogs and whit all traits can be passed on progenies...how all pits story learn us about that type of dogs.
    second, What we like is not what is on real, manbiters as maneaters (another good point of discussion to treath about that difference) was always a part of pits background...
    third, Is a nosense talking about Game and Maneating...is two things completely differents...some of ours most reputeble eroes was capables to bit a man, and someone had make it...and this is the HYSTORY...
    is very rarely to find a real crazy dog, much low possibility than on humans...a point that i never had hear talking is the experiences and personals carachters of singulars dogs...we talk on that argument how the dogs is industrials products, for me whit superficiality...and whit animals is never the right choice...

18. As we like'm

As we like'm Big Dog

I think the moral of this story on HA Bulldogs, can be found in the last few lines...

"Just one case of carelessness could mean a law against the breed in your area and turn public support from our dogs.
    That is exactly what we do not need at this point in time. Man biters--keep one if you must,but take care if you do."

19. Mamba

Mamba Big Dog

I'm on accord whit you...security on keeping all dogs...rule more needed when we keep Bulldogs...

20. Robber

Robber Big Dog

I know this is very old question, but since this thread resurfaced, no it didn't go after its owner, but a couple of other people - one being a 2nd generation dogger...