1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Man Eaters Gary J. Hammonds (Pit Bull Gazette, May 1982)

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by realonebulldog, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

ill start off by saying that none of you know me and therefore my knowledge/backround/skill etc...So i apologize if i offend anyone these are just my feelings.and i feel that raised in the right environment the most human aggressive pits would not have turned out HA.Imagine how many dogs some of the oldtime dogmen had to deal with Feed,condition,school, etc.. let alone socialize.I would argue that and again im not trying to speak for anyone else but id magine that most who have a good hunter dont bother to socialize said animal as that not his purpose anyway and if said dog was hyper or showed aggression as a youngster most would not bother to reprimand or correct the behavior for one reason or another be it fear of ruining a dogs confidence and drive or they dont know how to properly train or they just like to let a dog be a dog or for whatever reason. just cause you have the ability to train a good pitdog dont mean you could train an obedient one or one to be obedient and vise versa.In my opinion no dog has to be a manbiter although anydog has the ability to be. some just less aggressive love people and dont need training others need allot of exercise and positive discipline and love and socialization.Imagine the pup thats sits on the yard or a yard and gets no training or socialization and such at the most important time of its life and one day months later someone decides to take and interest in him and do something with him its to late hes set in his ways and when he snapps most either kill, or just leave him alone or get rid of it but most would not have the heart or skill to try and tame such a dog( and not trying to say that i could or do).I also dont think training a dog to be obedient and civil and or people friendly would have any negative affect on his skills its just another job for them and we all know they love to work.Not suggesting every dogman start training their dogs for anything else other than comp.These r just my thoughts