1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Man-o-Steel bloodline

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by twiztidpitz, May 28, 2006.

1. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this line. All I know is he was a great pit dog. I can't find anything about him anywhere, I've searched and searched and no luck. I have a guy that moved in near me and has 6 that are Angel's Man-o-Steel (not sure if thats how its spelled), and he thinks his dogs are better than everyone elses just b/c they are from this line. Well I hate to tell him that his dogs are no better than mine are! So thats why I was wanting to know about this dog. Thanks

2. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I have known several ppl who have Man 'O Steel dogs & I have owned one myself.

The Man 'O Steel line of dogs seems to have originated in North Carolina. They range in weight from 48 to 58lbs & the smaller ones have very nice conformation. Many Man 'O Steel dogs are merle.

If he or any of his offspring did anything legit in the pit I have neither heard about it or can find anything on it. I have only known one Man 'O Steel dog that looked good but that could have been b/c the dog was half Loposay.

So far as I know Man 'O Steel himself was a do-nothing dog with a ho-hum pedigree (PEDIGREE). That may be why you are having such a hard time finding any info on him - so far as I know there was nothing notable to write about! ;)

My Man 'O Steel dog was a beautiful animal, but he was a rank cur & is now no longer in the land of the living.

There are however, many dogs from the Man 'O Steel line who are weight pull Aces & many seek out the Man 'O Steel line for pull dogs.

If you want to know more, the McCanns from Texalina Knls can probably help you. The have used the Man 'O Steel line for weight pull for over 10 years.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2006
  3. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

Thanks! That helps alot! I figured that it wasn't much behind it.

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

So far as I know there's not. Unless you're a pull fan most ppl consider the Man 'O Steel line nothing to write home about.

As a side note, many Man 'O Steel advocates are quick to point out the merle Man 'O Steel dogs allegedly did not inherit the merle color from the Man' O Steel line, but I find it suspicious that almost all merles in the North Carolina area have Man 'O Steel in their ped somewhere.

Things that make ya go hmmm ...

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2006
  5. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

Yeah they do make you wonder, huh? Speaking of wich, that guy has a merle on his yard thats not registerd and is a litter mate to 2 of his others.

6. JRL8171

JRL8171 Pup

Well Two Years Late But Just Found This Thread. I Guess Better Late Than Never, But I Can Vouch For The Man O Steel Bloodline, Being That It Was My Dads And A Friend Of His Line. I Have Papers On Man O Steel And Can Go Back 300 Generations. They Are A Very Good Bloodline With Top Notch Dogs. Yes They Were Very Good Pull Dogs But Most Of The Awards I Have Are From Show. Man O Steel Was About 75 Pounds And The Dogs He Put Out Ran Anywhere From 55 To 75 Pounds. Not Sure Where The Merle Came Into Play Because He Was A Chocolate Color And His Son Ramblin Red Was Buckskin. They Did Originate In Nc Though In Lucia. Very Small Place Between Stanley And Mt. Holly.

7. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

WOW:eek:!!! gamedogs that big out here?!?!?! what lines are they coming through?

8. JRL8171

JRL8171 Pup

Been A While Since I Looked At Them But I Know There Is A Good Bit Of Colby And Blacks In It. Will Have A Look When I Get A Chance Though And Give A More Thorough Description On Them. We Got Away From Dogs For A While So Will Have To Refresh The Memory.