1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mange

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Gamest, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Gamest

Gamest Pup

What do yall suggest for someone to use to kill mange mites. My old lady has a cocker spainel for our outside dog. And he has it. I have used burned moter oil and desiel oil. Then broke down went to tha vet. They gave me a dip but its still there. What do yall suggest to use. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

2. CRG

CRG Top Dog

i looked in wsk's book he said he has used ivomec on both demdectic and sarcoptic mange.1cc per 110lbs.inject under skin between shoulders once a week for 3 to 6 weeks. hopes this helps

3. I DO THE VERY SAME OR USED TO NOW A DOG WITH MANGE IF HERDITARY WILL PASS TO PUPS BUT MANGE MITES OUT OF THE DIRT SHOULD GO AWAY WITH THE IVOMEC.JMHO
    Y.I.S

4. Also If It Is Heriditary Get Rid Of The Dog.........nothing But Problems.

5. æSDKæ

æSDKæ Pup

Just be careful in using IVOMEC..To much can harm the dog's kidney and liver and may cause infertility..Goodluck...;)

6. Gamest

Gamest Pup

thanks crg8.

7. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

SARDEX which is made by HappyJack. SARDEX is an aerosol spray which contains Benzyl Benzoate. It doesn't stink, won't stain anything, and cost about $14.

8. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

We never had a problem with mange. But friends of ours had and they used motor oil and it worked for them.

9. Heard Sardex works well too.

10. Gamest

Gamest Pup

Thanks for tha advice everyone. I took him back to tha vet today and they gave me tha same dip ( PARAMITE ) and some antibiatics. I will get my local feed store to order some of that SARDEX or HEARD SARDEX. ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL THA HELP.

11. CRG

CRG Top Dog

thats what we are here for

12. AC

AC Big Dog

Paramite is very good dip we keep a gallon of it on hand at all times.