1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mayweather vs. McGregor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by F.D., Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niko

niko CH Dog

You knew it was a 12 Rd fight then prepare for one....if you bring your dog in with bad cardio you gonna use that as an excuse?...that's on you lol

Gmann likes this.
  2. promoe

promoe Top Dog

lmao... Mayweather wins with 56 turns and 4 out of holds. he tucked tail and curred a few times to have the ref bail him out. I would be embarrassed to win like that. even tho I won Id have an empty crate on the way home. conor was gassed at the end of the 3rd. its not an excused but atleast he didn't pull his hands over his head and put it between his knees and run.
    btw I didn't read thru the latest posts...I am tired of hearing how Mayweather beat the brakes off of him. I am not defending conor just stating facts

3. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Mayweather seldom beats the brakes off anyone. I am not a Mayweather fan at all. Of all the big time fights I have never spent pay per view money on Mayweather. For me, he is boring. With that said, in my opinion he is the greatest boxer of all time. I can't think of anyone who is a better boxer.

I gave two scenarios pre-fight and I felt like I was fairly accurate with the second. Floyd starts out slow and then picks him apart for a TKO. If I had to guess a round it would have been way earlier than 10.

I agree with the empty crate scenario when comparing to Floyd. It would be like counting on a 3 hour ear sucker and hoping the other chooses to hang it up. Just not my cup of tea.

I really think Conor would have had a much better chance against someone willing to trade with him, at least a puncher's chance with someone willing to punch with him. Floyd simply will not trade. In and out to score. He simply outpoints everyone he fights.

I just thought it was completely one sided from the get. Conor 'looked' good early but most that go against Floyd look good early. I am not a big compuscore fan but I would like to see Floyd's scores in his fights from, say round 4 on. I think it would show huge separation.

In all honesty I thought it was boring. Just like every other Mayweather fight.

S

niko and Box Bulldog like this.
  4. niko

niko CH Dog

Connor lost and only won 3 rounds at best and scored at half the %...it was a one sided boxing match check the score cards....

5. niko

niko CH Dog

I would be proud of a K.O anytime;)

6. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

7. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Floyd carried that fight. I've watched Floyd since he fought on espn/espn2... when he was "Pretty Boy", he would start slow, then drop combo bombs til he got a tko. His hands gave him problems, the he turned into, dancing pot shotting "Money Mayweather". If he fought like "Money May" everybody would have said he was "running" the whole fight. Instead, he walks thru a man's punches 15-20lbs bigger and "Conor, did good. He hit him with the most significant shots in less rounds than so and so...." After his usual 2-3 round feelout, it was all Floyd. He stood right in front of McGregor and used as little defense as I've ever seen! McGregor hit Floyd with MAYBE 5-10 good shots. That's it. What else can Mayweather do to get cred??? No he doesn't have huge power. AGAINST GUYS THAT OUTWEIGH HIM 10+ BY FIGHT NIGHT. Hell he barely, if ever, makes it ON weight. HE WAS 4# under McGregor 5# under limit. Came in fight night at an even bigger weight disadvantage. Still walked down the bigger man and cut him down. NO CONOR ISNT A PRO BOXER. HE WAS SATURDAY NIGHT THO!!!

niko and Box Bulldog like this.
  8. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Floyd fights like I have read about many "great dogs". Turnin and biting. Didn't Hank have a weird style like that? HE HAS NEVER QUIT. Broken hands in fights and finished several times. Every time the ref broke it up, Floyd was ALWAYS first back to the action Saturday night. He treated it like a sparring match

niko likes this.
  9. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

C level footwork? Did you see that fast changes from southpaw to orthodox while he was landing directs? Even the commentators were saying, that was fast! Check those shifts etc... Even Sugar Ray was impressed by him!
    The backing up was a huge mistake from McGregor when he was gassed out. That is effective in MMA cause of takedowns or shins in the face when you can't guard your head... He should just hug him and get that second air he always gets. We saw that at the Diaz2 fight and the clips we saw with Mallignaggi, were from that r12, after he caught that second air.
    Experience and composure won. Not skills or technique.

10. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

I also agree that McGregor doesn't have KO power. All of his KO's are clips. I have seen all of his fights, since the early days. His fastest KO is 3 seconds!
    His precision is his thing. He knows where and how to hit, to clip people out. Check how he got his second Cage Warriors belt!

11. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Conor was the one "turning and holding". He even admitted he was wasting energy taking Mayweather's back "only to be reset". His exact words. That ref let A LOT GO ON! Did you count the hammerfists that were not penalized?? He got warned early, but kept doing it...

If Floyd was a dog, he would have his nuts bred off. Wasn't Bolio "so good" he only needed one match! "He made his opponent look silly"? I never read or heard about his extreme bite, but his defense, smarts, and gameness. Floyd's uncles AND his dad were pro boxers. 4 men in 2 generations from the SAME FAMILY were pros or champs??? Sounds like good blood to me!!

I don't like defensive dogs either. If he's game tho, from a game line, he's worth adding to something that lacks what he has........ which leads to my next comment...............................

12. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I think it was experience and composure as well as skill and technique. McGregor's clips are always on non-boxers. Aldo was wading in to strike/takedown. He never seen it coming. Mayweather is coming in not to get hit and then hit on the way out mostly. And then on occasion he hits on the way in and does not get hit on the way out. He is just that boring to me.

Switching from left to right is a lot like dancing. . Watching youtube and practicing for 6 weeks will make that transition smooth and flawless. Then try making that switch with someone barreling down, punching from all directions yet your feet are not where they need to be to throw a meaningful punch. When the feet get to the spot to throw, even the clip, he is already gone.

McGregor lasted longer than I thought he would have. I just do not think his length of stay was by his own doing. From 4-10 the onslaught that stopped it was readily available. I just felt like Mayweather decided after round 9 there were a boat load of whores and champagne back stage so it was time.

Could have been 4 or 6 or 8, it just happened to be 10.

Again, I am no Mayweather fan as I think his style of winning is boring, but he has proven no one can do him better. I am a huge McGregor fan now. He walked into a bank and talked the bank manager out of a 100M he does not have to pay back. No collateral. No background that says he deserves a chance. No previous experience that says he will be a great representative of the banks money. He simply walked in and asked for 100M and walked out with it. The kid has brains and even more nuts, but enough brains to pull it off.

As a boxing fan and a MMA fan it was a freak show that should have never happened.

S

niko likes this.
  13. c_note

c_note CH Dog

CONOR SHOULD JOIN FORCES WITH FLOYD!! Join TMT or be an affiliate and learn the ins and outs of the fight game! AND BETTER BOXING! "MrGregor Boxing and MMA" gyms all over Ireland and Europe, partnered/backed by one of the biggest names from boxing history. Floyd also being "Notorious" for his flashy lifestyle and shit talk. Conor is basically a fraction of what Floyd really is, persona wise. Conor only has a couple more fights before ppl figure him out. Floyd gave many confidence in sure...

The UFC doesn't want their fighters to rise above being anything more than just fighters. They get paid peanuts to be do what they do.

niko likes this.
  14. promoe

promoe Top Dog

c-note , Mayweather cant be Hank and Bolio. nice try tho lol. the point I was making is that conor was gassed and beat before Floyd picked him apart. it had nothing to do with the damage that Floyd inflicted. I don't know if you watched the fight but , the way Mayweather was tucking and turning his back he shoulda got a standing 8 count. Same should have gone for conor before the stoppage.

15. niko

niko CH Dog

Funny how Connor could go 12 with Malinaggi but not with Mayweather hmmmm...body punches anyone? Lol Floyd's strategy was perfect! Let him tire out then beat his ass lol Why would any competent boxer give a guy the one chance he has by being stupid and slugging with him? That's why Floyd is 50-0;)

16. niko

niko CH Dog

Skip Bayless are you here? Lmao

17. Bones1

Bones1 Big Dog

Stephen A. post fight 49-0 and don't give a damn what anyone else says he's not counting it

18. niko

niko CH Dog

19. Bones1

Bones1 Big Dog

Don't always agree with his views. But there must be a reason ESPN pays him and he's not shy about being a mayweather fan. So I gave him props for saying it 49-0 publicly

20. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

check this breakdown about a lot of misconceptions about the fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.