1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mayweather vs. McGregor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by F.D., Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

The circumstantial evidence is damning, Manny Pacquiao never failed a test either yet Mayweather and many others called him out for being a cheat. Manny never had a scandal like Mayweather had hanging over him either. I'd put my hard earned money on Mayweather using PED's before.

2. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Because Manny refused

3. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Manny refused blood tests. Floyd never refused ANY tests! Never failed any. That IV was approved. That is so old that no one even talks about it. If you're one of the ones that thinks Floyd paid everybody off, I understand. We will have to agree to disagree. Man never failed a test. Took 11 urine and 8 blood tests for Manny alone. What else does he have to do? 50-0 TBE

Saiyagin likes this.
  4. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

You mean he never failed a USADA drug test, those guys are as bent as a dogs hind leg.

Tell me this, why the hell did Mayweather need an IV which is only administerd when someone is suffering severe dehydration? Mayweather barely had to cut any weight if any at all for crying out loud.

The more likely scenario is that he was given an IV to mask whatever substances he was taking, the whole episode was as fishy as a sea man's seaman........

oakgrove likes this.
  5. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

About PEDs etc...
    1. IV is not the problem. IV was recently banned, because it's a very good way to mask steroids. Same as estrogen blockers. It is not the blockers the problem. Extra estrogens are produced, when you try to boost your testosterone unnaturally. So, to have that extra testosterone, without the estrogen to cancel the benefits of extra testosterone, blockers are the solution.

2. You have to know that steroids are always 2 steps ahead of the tests. Example, the steroid that Jones was caught, they found it because they found a new way to detect it. I assume Jones was on it, his whole career. It is a steroid that can't be even detected in your system after 48 hours. Now I even believe Sonnen's story about Jones hiding under the octagon at the Jackson's gym, when USADA came by...

3. Malignaggi (what a piece of shit) about a year ago, states that if boxing had USADA testing boxers, the weight class jumping phenomenon wouldn't be so frequent. If you want to jump a weight class, you have to gain muscle and maintain your cardio. Remember, every frame has it's own ideal weight. I also remember that Floyd is natural 140 pounder fight weight. Jumping up to 154 (not just now), isn't something you should take lightly. Always being suspicious... If Floyd doesn't have the resources to cheat tests, who has?

CockneyRebel likes this.
  6. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

PS: I know he fought 147, but it was a decision on competition (=money). Floyd was ideal for the 140 class

7. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

I'm not singling Mayweather out, I'd say they're all on something or have been on something in their career.

What makes Mayweather stand out though is all the rubbish he spouted when he stated his objective was to clean the sport out, giving it the big one when he's upto the eyeballs in it himself IMO.

8. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

How would steriods benefit Floyd in any way shape or form? He is not a physical fighter at all he pop shots and counter punches he does not stand toe to toe like a Gatti/Ward type fight. And yes his ideal weight would be junior welter (140lbs) and thats what he is. He weighed in on saturday at 149lbs 9lbs is nothing to lose and put back on. I have watched as much boxing as anyone and there has never been a boxer I have seen that was better on steriods. Big muscles are just more oxygen to feed and big muscles slow you down big time. At the end of the day Connor looked like what he is a jack of all trades master of none, I don't see what there is left to argue about. Floyd could of turned him into a vegetable and people would still be saying bullshit excuses. I am done with this thread its up to my ears in bullshit.

david63 and niko like this.
  9. niko

niko CH Dog

Boxing fans will love this!!! Amazing skill and footwork...Connor should take notes lol

slim12 and oakgrove like this.
  10. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

One of the best Muay Thai fights IMO> underdog is pretty game. LOL

niko likes this.
  11. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

Are you really that stupid to ask such a question?

12. Kostas81

Kostas81 Big Dog

Give him a break. He thinks that steroids are just for muscle growth...

AGK, slim12 and CockneyRebel like this.
  13. stedz

stedz Top Dog

I think Floyd was carrying Conor for last 3or 4 rounds,some of my fav fights Briscoe v Hart ,Franklin v Kates Hagler v Hearns,Benn v Mclellen.

niko likes this.
  14. stedz

stedz Top Dog

My fave fighters,Hearns,Toney,Whittiker,what a match up Toney v Hopkins would have been.Best british fighter of all time Jimmy Wilde,The ghost with a hammer in his hand or The mighty atom,call hime what you want if he was around now he would be a global sporting superstar.

niko likes this.
  15. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

Jimmy Wilde was that much of a badass he used to have a cup of tea and a scone in between rounds.....

16. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Steroids do not build big muscles. If they did I could sit here in this recliner, eat a handful of pills , poke my self in quad and look like the hulk. It simply does not work that way.

Steroids provide the ability to recover. The ability to do more, rest less and do even more. The doing is where the growth and muscles and endurance and the strength and the power come from, not just the juices.

They will not make a non-athletic couch potato into a homerun king, nor will it make him a world champion. But if he is already a world class athlete, or even the top of his sport, it will make a difference in the day to day performance.

Maybe Jon Jones talent makes him one of the best of all time but maybe his physical abilities were limited in comparison to his talent? Maybe the turinabol bridged the gap.

Maybe Lance Armstrong was at the top of his game but as he aged the younger guys were catching him? Maybe the 'creams' helped create separation?

Neither of these two bulked up and powered thru their sports. What the steroids did was allow them to do work when others were resting, thus improved their performance, not their abilities/talent but their performance i.e. performance enhancing drugs.

Skills fade. Father time has always and will always remain undefeated. When athletes look better at 38 than they did at 30 I have always thought, maybe????

Floyd was a great boxer at 30 and a great boxer at 38. Look at his body. So he really started 'working out' (like Bonds and Clemens) in his late 30's????

I'm thinking he, and so many others, had more than a top notch nutritionist and fitness trainer at their disposal.

Just saying.

S

Kostas81, promoe, niko and 1 other person like this.
  17. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

You think Mayweather going 50-0 Is impressive, Wilde went 104-0.

18. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

Thanks for telling Box Bulldog what I couldn't be arsed to do, if anybody doubts Maywetaher cheated go and read the Hauser article.

19. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

He was draw in his first, then won 104 in a row before being knocked out. Not that all accounts are proven it looks like he went about 151-2-1, with a 104 fight win streak.

S

niko likes this.
  20. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

But would be have that kind of record in today's world? 1800''s to today is a much different world. Especially in the world of athletics.

Floyd has beaten the cream of the crop.

niko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.