1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

McGee's Panther 1xw

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by oldguy, May 11, 2018.

1. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Seem to remember Floyd saying in an interview that he strongly believed the old Eli dog was Zebo,s sire.I was looking at the Molly Bee ped the other day,and remember how pre internet days ,i would get confused looking at peds of NC dogs,i didnt actually realise at the time big boy and big ben were different dogs.LOL.

david63 and oldguy like this.
  2. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

As a youngster around 97 I remember coming across a man who had panther dogs but also had a bandog or 2 . Conversating with him was real cool close to 20 years later I still remember the info

3. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I think there must have been a few breeders back then breeding mainly black colour dogs, known for producing mouth who wished they could claim Zebo as their own since he probably put everything else in the shade when it came to devastation.. I definitely see the resemblance between Lonzo's Andy and Zebo.. Around 1988 NKK asked if he could use his Hall's Champion.Old Swamper dog over Lonzo's Spider, sounded ok until we saw what Swamper produced with Wood's Carolina Abbey.

4. Was old swamper a good one Oldguy?....

5. stedz

stedz Top Dog

saw a picture of bobby hall with swamper,beautiful looking bulldog.amazing conformation.I dont know if you saw the photo old guy but think it was in pbn.Hall looked the part as well wearing a stetson and overalls!

6. stedz

stedz Top Dog

I agree wih you about lonzos Andy old guy,him and zebo look to alike.The guy who got banned on here,put a montage ,of Zebo photos on here and i think it was Dusty commented about one of those dogs not being Zebo,i think at the time i thought it was a Limey dog,but i think now it was actually Lonzos Andy.The few pictures of the old Eli dog ive seen and Eli jnr personally i cant see any resemblence to Zebo,Though we all know phptos can be decieving i suppose.

7. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Wasnt there a row over the old swamper dog old guy? some uk fanciers thought that it wasnt the real Halls old swamper dog,and there were letters being sent back and forth in the pbn.seem to remember Bob stevens writing aletter as well.

8. That's what I heard Stedz.to...I'm sure there a thread on here about it.saying that they just bought Swamper out of a paper and sent him over to the U.K.!.....I'm sure it was Limey who said it,but I could be wrong.

9. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I never saw Champion Swamper race, pull or hunt, I put him on the mill a few times and walked him around the field afterwards, but that's it, Swamper had a laid back personality, his canine teeth were freakish, but the offspring I saw from him were average at best.. I could talk for hours on them days, like when Scotsman showed up at NKK's door at 1am and stated if they were willing to bring Champion Swamper out of retirement, then he'd bring out Champion Max again.. NKK asked Scotsman if he was taking drugs (like asking a bear if it shit in the woods) but Scotsman did call out Champion Swamper.. That's a fact!

DISCOIII, reids skipper and stedz like this.
  10. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I always respected Limey Kennels and learned a lot from Big D's posting on this site.. The question of whether Hall sold NKK the real Champion Swamper has hung around like a bad smell for decades now. I've heard both sides of the rumour and it might be worth remembering NKK and Limey Kennels were huge rivals during the 80's.. Even if we take Hall out of the equation, I ask myself this? Norman Hooten Bob Stevens, Fat Bill and others seen Champion Old Swamper, why would they risk their reputations to cover up another's dirty con trick? What could they gain from it? Geordie Lad told me when they stayed over at FB's place, they discussed Swamper losing his last show and FB told him Swamper was pulled too fine and the dog just couldn't make the weight anymore.. Bob Steven put his reputation on the line by writing a letter to PBN stating the dog Bobby Hall sold to NKK [WAS 100% HALL'S CHAMPION OLD SWAMPER 4XW ]
    I'm a big fan of Junkyard's Champion Bandit bred dogs, they're some of my favourite dogs in the EU, so I was surprised to read (on this site) that Limey Kennels stated Sambella stopped in 5 minutes in front of Goldeye and Big D while they visited WYK in USA.. I asked a man in USA who knew WYK and had dogs double bred on Sambella.. He stated categorically Sambella never stopped while she was on WYK's yard, or ever to his knowledge.. Some might say he would say that, but I know for sure who I'd rather believe!

Soze the killer and stedz like this.
  11. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Thought exactley the same regarding swamper ,surely Hall would want to send the real deal over,for obvious reasons,jealousy behind the rumours surely.

12. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Didn’t nkk and the owner of gnasher go over oldguy ... surely they would have seen the dog before parting with there cash mate ?

13. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I think maybe sporting rivalry turned to poison between them?.. Limey Kennels wrote in PBN congratulating Scotsman's Max on winning his title, 10 years later they stated Champion Max stopped against Limey's Smokey.. Whether that was true or not, Limey Kennels should make up their minds which story they going with.. I think they all should consider themselves lucky NKK concentrated on breeding Swamper instead of the Twister dog (ch. smig's boogieman litter brother) lucky also that NKK went through a marriage break up around the time they owned CH.Boon. History could have been a lot different!

Soze the killer and DISCOIII like this.
  14. stedz

stedz Top Dog

I heard a few stories about the limeys,which suffice to say left me in little doubt that they coudnt have been the most sporting of dogmen to go into.

15. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

The Limey's had some good dogs, but if NKK had gone with the Dixie Line Connection from the start instead of buying Swamper, things over here might have been a lot different.. East End Kennels turned out to be Limey's nemesis anyway!

16. stedz

stedz Top Dog

East end,the team the man who would have mentored me ran with.

17. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

East End Kennel and Scar Kennel.. IMO 2 best camps ever in UK.

18. Right.only just seen this.sorry for my late reply.thanks Oldguy for explaining history!!.

david63 likes this.
  19. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Y’all newer guys should use the search function and look up some old posts. That’s where the gold is. Limey used to post A LOT... coupla other HoFers too. I can’t remember too many off top of my head. They weren’t afraid to exchange unpleasantries either...

SMD760, bks and Soze the killer like this.
  20. tensteps

tensteps Pup

A dog with some Ch swamper in him

Attached Files:

stedz, oldguy and Soze the killer like this.