1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Meds.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by reddirt redneck, Jul 14, 2016.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

As far as chewing and such, I had a young pup get under my truck and chew up the break lines , found out the next morning at the first redlight.

niko and reddirt redneck like this.
  2. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

Yes sir, its actual a pill for dogs , its heart worm, hook, pin worm, & flea repellent. Also keeps ticks off

niko likes this.
  3. niko

niko CH Dog

I thought it sounded familiar lol...I thought it was a spray SMH...I use Droncit and Ivermectin for worming,never had any fleas or ticks, must be too dry...biggest problem I have had is fire ants

reddirt redneck likes this.
  4. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

Spray wise I use horse & stable spray, works good.. I use it for about everything. Even a drop on the dogs for flies

niko likes this.
  5. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I thought peppermint would attract pests also but dont let the name scare you as I have found nothing that states peppermint oil turns to candy or food in the heat... the oil by itself or combined with clover oil and or tea tree oil makes for a great natural ant repellent and also works on ant bites...

Essential oils that have candy names actually repel bug,,, rodents and snakes

An old ant trick is sugar and baking soda or borax as the sugar attracts them and they take the baking soda or borax back to the nest and kills the colony,,, borax has many other benefits also...

reddirt redneck and niko like this.
  6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

QUOTE="ELIAS'PISTOLA, post: 749625, member: 30874"]I thought peppermint would attract pests also but dont let the name scare you as I have found nothing that states peppermint oil turns to candy or food in the heat... the oil by itself or combined with clover oil and or tea tree oil makes for a great natural ant repellent and also works on ant bites...

Essential oils that have candy names actually repel bug,,, rodents and snakes

An old ant trick is sugar and baking soda or borax as the sugar attracts them and they take the baking soda or borax back to the nest and kills the colony,,, borax has many other benefits also...[/QUOTE]
    Id have to see it to believe it and I don't.If it were this simple we wouldnt need professional pest control.It may work to some extent but I been around to long and saw to much to believe it.Big difference between fire ants sugar ants and what kills fire ants don't seem to bother sugar ants.I have saw liscensed professionals get stumped from time to time and they can make poison as strong as it takes.Like I said I don't doubt its not some what effective and I am speaking of pepermint oil and yes I knew about the mixture u spoke of to treat wounds.

7. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

Id have to see it to believe it and I don't.If it were this simple we wouldnt need professional pest control.It may work to some extent but I been around to long and saw to much to believe it.Big difference between fire ants sugar ants and what kills fire ants don't seem to bother sugar ants.I have saw liscensed professionals get stumped from time to time and they can make poison as strong as it takes.Like I said I don't doubt its not some what effective and I am speaking of pepermint oil and yes I knew about the mixture u spoke of to treat wounds.[/QUOTE]

You are the only one talking about peppermint oil repelling ants and I'm not sure why because no one ever stated it does, or is intended for that purpose. I know it works for rodents because I've seen it first hand hundreds of times.

Just last year when I was getting ready to sell my house in FL I gave it the once over before putting it on the market. I found some active mice in the attic and there was nothing up there that should even remotely attract them. I still don't know how they got in. I ended up setting up some traps and caught a few but they were still shitting up there. Bought a bottle of peppermint oil and shaked it around up there. Never saw another mouse. Like I said our fleet services used it in the garbage trucks in a place that is even deeper south than where you're located. It works great as a deterrent.

8. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

For some reason the quote function didn't work well. My response is the last two paragraphs from the above post.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Rob I'm pretty sure I was refering to borax and baking soda solution for ants.And I am also pretty sure I said I don't believe the peppermint oil to be this effective..Ok here it goes 1 more time.in caps.I DONT BELIEVE PEPPERMINT OIL IS THAT EFFECTIVE ON RODENTS! DO I NEED TO SAY IT ONCE MORE ?

10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

http://www.earthkind.com/learning-center/control-mice/does-peppermint-oil-really-get-rid-of-mice. Here ya go Rob.Just a simple google search as I don't have time to put a hole lot of effort in this but I will pass the ??? S around to some pros.I did read enough to see that you pour the peppermint on cotton balls and must be repeated rapidly.Your a animal Rob you just shook the hole dam bottle up and squirted it everywhere lol.Dont forget if your dog gets bit by a snake to let us know how well the vaccine works for you.

11. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

This is your exact words:

Id have to see it to believe it and I don't.If it were this simple we wouldnt need professional pest control.It may work to some extent but I been around to long and saw to much to believe it.Big difference between fire ants sugar ants and what kills fire ants don't seem to bother sugar ants.I have saw liscensed professionals get stumped from time to time and they can make poison as strong as it takes.Like I said I don't doubt its not some what effective and I am speaking of pepermint oil and yes I knew about the mixture u spoke of to treat wounds.

You seem to have a comprehension problem and I'm sorry but I can't help you with that. Like they say, I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. And I'll stand by my position that peppermint oil works well as a rodent deterrent because I have used it before. It works especially well in vehickles if your vehickle ever gets a rodent problem. For vehickles it is top notch.

12. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

what vaccine???

13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Peppermint may in fact work but once again it's a short term solution.Long term solution is finding where they are getting in at and totally seal it off.I haven't saw not one mouse in my home in over 3 hrs and that's all it took was to find out how they were coming in.

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

15. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Rob the next time you don't understand just ask me ,I will take you by the hand and point and lead you! Peppermint oil is a short term solution ! you didn't even know how to apply it ! I am only into long term solutions Rob ,it cost more ! I know ,I know but in the long run its cheaper and a lot less hassle!

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Rob has found a rattlesnake vaccine ! and he stands by it to !

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Ok I also read where it says if the mice have already nested the peppermint oil doesn't work,it only works as a keep away .Rob here had mice already nested in his home and he just blasted away with a hole bottle and got rid of all the nested mice ! hmmmm I think I'm gone have to call BULLSHIT!

18. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

I'm glad you're an expert on it after your first google search and still have comprehension issues when it comes to posts. You've never used it, don't even know what it is but now you're an expert. Reading most of your posts I would think you were from a foreign country with a language barrier. It turns out you're just from Alabama.

ELIAS'PISTOLA likes this.
  19. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

Maybe you can find ONE post where I said that it works. Just ONE. I already stated I have no idea if it works.......those comprehension issues of the english language is still hindering you I see.

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

It's a bit better than where your from there Rob.I don't use peppermint ,your right ! you use it and you don't even know how to apply it and you also don't comprehend that it doesn't KILL MICE ! It is a keep away ,meaning you would have to kill the mice that was there and then apply peppermint on cotton balls on a pretty regular basis to keep them away!