1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Meds.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by reddirt redneck, Jul 14, 2016.

1. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

Did you just learn that from google. I'm very proud of you, you done good. No one ever said it kills mice, just that it's a deterrent but apparently you didn't comprehend that. I'm shocked.

I'm done here and I'm not ruining this thread anymore.

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Your not ruining anything Rob ! you said you already had mice in your home ,meaning they had already nested as you yourself saw enough droppings to recognize they were there! tells me they were already nested ! then you said you dumped a whole bottle of peppermint oil out and it got rid of all the nested mice and you never saw another one ! I know you got lucky as when you finished with the bottle u just gave it a toss and it hit all 20 on top of the head and killed them all.

3. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

Damn you're dumb. I stated I had mice in an attic space, I had no idea how they got in, and no idea why they got in. I shook some peppermint oil from a bottle in my attic and they were gone. Stop making shit up as you go along to help your lost cause.....no one ever said it killed them. You have no idea what you are talking about or responding to. FYI it normally comes in a 1-4oz. bottle and a 4oz. bottle was enough to treat the 40+ fleet of garbage trucks in central Florida and was effective.

Remember those commercials back in the 70's and 80's. "Reading is fundamental", ......nah, I guess you don't.

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I am saying I don't believe they left the house Rob as what I have read says it will not get rid of nested Mice ! So it looks to me your dumb ! Or blind ? If they couldn't stand the smell they would have went to a different part of your house ! not rocket science .

5. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

All I'm doing is relaying the experience I've had with the product, nothing more, nothing less. I don't secretly own a peppermint oil factory and am looking to drum up business.

You've never used it and didn't know about it until today. Elias mentioned it works and I've shared my experiences with it. If you don't want to use it that's fine and I could give a shit.

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I don't believe 1 ,4 ounce bottle treated 40 garbage trucks either Rob.

7. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

Well than I'll defer to your experience with it.

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

So
    So how was one 4 ounce bottle split between 40 garbage trucks? and if was effective how long did it last for one treatment = 1 ,4 ounce bottle ?

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Ok that would be 352.739619 kg per truck .That's not very much and garbage = rodents..So how long was this effective before you had to do it again ?

10. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

My wife uses a lot of those oils. Ill have to try it for mice. I know she uses them on me & it helps the gout & nerve damage to a point, & uses em on my boy for training focus.. They seem to work ok. Good news is I caught the Truck mouse today ,, good ol trap with peanut butter

RobR73 and bamaman like this.
  11. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

I'll answer your question and then I'm done with this thread. When you use PO in an enclosed environment like a truck cab you only need a FEW DROPS because it is strong as shit. Front end loaders, side loaders, and rear loaders were the main problem trucks in the fleet because many times they were parked overnight fully loaded, although all trucks were treated including the roll-offs, claw truck, container truck, etc.

Before the Fleet department started using PO they could experience over 1g in damage overnight on a truck with upwards of a month that the truck would be out of service. I've seen a nest in a less than one year old front end loader that looked like an Osprey nest right under the control panel. Trashed the wiring in the truck. The only good news was that it was mainly made from a TB Bucs flag.

If you put more than a few drops in a cab the drivers would complain about inhalation issues. It would normally subside in a few days but that Florida heat would intensify that oil to make it unbearable at first. Too not only rodents but also humans.

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

That's not right...hang on.

13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Ok now this makes a little more since.

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Now I can see this and what your talking about.

15. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

We never used 352 kilos per truck, just a few drops strategically placed.

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Excuse me, makes a little more sence.

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Right , that was wrong.I was trying to figure out exactly how much per truck.

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Yea man, they are bad.

reddirt redneck likes this.
  19. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

Like I said it varied amongst the trucks. I worked with some fleet mechanics that were 30+ year guys and they loved the stuff because it made their job much easier. It has its time and place for use just like every other tool we use.

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Pomegranate Juice ,I got a friend that has the gout and he said it works for him.May help !Maybe not !