1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

More then just a Mutt

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pit#5, Jul 17, 2009.

1. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Blue-nose or not, the no-stop, grey chinned head, the front and straightish rear would force me to ask her if she knew what was back in that dog's ped

2. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I had seen the white dog once before but my camera batteries were run down but we talked a bit instead, the owner said he received her as a puppy when he found out he had a hart problem, he said walking the dog has helped him live. Dad’s econo bits are what the dog eats and is 2 years old
    2 weeks later I saw him walking his dog once more but with a Roti companion (his sisters dog) after I took the picture I noticed the Roti gave me a look I was familiar with ! he wanted to kill me and that’s no exaggeration ,the Roti almost pulled the guy of his feet to get at me this brought home to me how hard it is to find a nasty PB they just don’t act like a Roti and such .

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2009
  3. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I took this picture from my truck across the street, I yelled over nice dog, and was offered
    a simple statement " half PB half Boxer" . I guess PB genetics are overpowering.

Attached Files:

4. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Just a fast picture. The owner said a statement that I could not understand
    But none the less here’s a PB type dog doing what they do best walking with there family

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
  5. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

A nice puppy that the picture did not do justice, I took the picture wile driving and waiting at a red light. I have been thinking these days that compared to other breeds I see about town, there seem to be ample PB abound.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
  6. this is my pb mutt ;-)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

now days if it looks even remotely simular its a pitbull

im sorry but ppl need to contain theyre animals and stop the breeding from happening,, that in short form is damaging the breed.

8. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

look this is one of the things that really errrkkkkss the hell out of me,,, ppl breed there pets together,, pitbull- golden retriever or whatever,,, then call them pitbulls..

its not right in any form to say that dogs a pitbull,, its a MUTTT. then they go to walmart parking lot and you see a sign saying pit bull pups for sale. WTF????

its not fair for the ones that think thats what they are gettin,, its its not fair to the breed.. just like mine i got papers on my dogs that show where they came from and whats in theyre peds,,, sure you pay more but YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

i dont sell dogs,, i wont say i havent before but i recouped some of what i spent to get what i got. but to sell or breed a mutt is incomprehensiable to me. Now to those who i have offended i'm sorry but i get sick of going to walmart and see these ppl sittin in lawn chairs on the corner selling MUTTs

9. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Not looking to get caught up with the game breed aspect of the APBT but this dog when the girl said is a APBT, there is no doubt to me. The dog had too much energy to take a good picture but seeing this dog in person I wish I had one like this also
    Dad’s dog food is what he eats and looks darn good on it.
    I agree with Ghost and yes I fell for the Pit bull in the news paper deal, and wile I love the dog I have to take it on the chin with all the wacky opinions from, pit lab, pit bull mastiff, pit with a GSD grandfather, pit bull boxer and so on. I heard it all but once in a wile some one with knowledge looks at my dog and says Pit Bull I’ll say are you sure? You betca, but having papers and the certainty of an APBT feels better then no papers.
    I am learning from the pics and small talk with people that clearly PB mix’s and or pure ones are that responsible people create a safe dog by socialization and a understanding of having a DA dog and precaution.

Attached Files:

10. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

My dog playing with a puppy
    As told to me by owner a 4 month old PB puppy

Attached Files:

11. AmberH

AmberH Big Dog

Interesting thread.

12. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

pit # 5

i like your thread,, its interestin to see all the pic,, im sorry for a silly rant on a bad day

13. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I like these pictures cause It shows some thing I've seen with PB puppies and some owners , Just walking care free with the pup no worry’s It’s like a test ( follow and do rite or die from a mistake near the busy roads)
    Not to say I’m the perfect parent but I also don’t like having a child follow behind either

Picture 4 When I saw this dog I asked is that a young PB ? Answer : no Beagle Boston terrier mix ( AKA Designer dog) Some how I felt uncomfortable with this mix as I see how easy a PB looking type mutt can develop from this dog and A few lucky mixes generation to generation

Picture 5 Man proudly stating how this was a rescue PB from the pound ,told me almost
    every cage at the NY Wantagh pound is filled with PB and PB mixes

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      92.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      72.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      88.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      64.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      63.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
  14. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Happy guy with his male PB and the little one is the daughter ,Over all I have to say most owners of PBs are very friendly and like talking about there dogs , But does any one have the nerve to go into drug infested areas and find PB’s owned by thugs and such, for me I’d have to travel since even the worst areas are not all that bad in North East NY area.
    A day trip to areas I know about is tempting but maybe I would never make it home. Any Volunteers ?

Picture 4 and 5, A type of dog any one should love a puppy EBT

Attached Files:

• 1a.jpg
      1a.jpg
      File size:
      83.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2a.jpg
      2a.jpg
      File size:
      107 KB
      Views:
    • 3a.jpg
      3a.jpg
      File size:
      108.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4a.jpg
      4a.jpg
      File size:
      41.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5a.jpg
      5a.jpg
      File size:
      52.9 KB
      Views:
  15. KINGKRACKER1

KINGKRACKER1 Big Dog

LOOK LIKE MIXES TO ME NOT PUREBRED FOR SURE...THE BLACK ONE COAT LOOKS KINDA FLUFFY TO ME..

16. KINGKRACKER1

KINGKRACKER1 Big Dog

IF YOU CANT SHOW ME THE A.D.B.A. PAPERS THAN ITS NOT A PUREBRED PITBULL,BULLDOG,GAMEDOG,ETC...C.K.C. WILL REGISTER ANYTHING AND THE U.K.C. RECOGNIZES THE "BULLY" BREED AS PITBULLS...THE ONLY MUTT I HAVE IS MY WIFES LAB MIX.."NO I DONT HAVE PAPERS BUT I KNOW THERE PARENTS AND BACKGROUND"...YEAH RIGHT!!:eek:

17. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I was working and 2 kids from the complex at work went over to my dogs, the kids are very nice to them an important factor.
    I realize how used to my dogs I am and how I see them as very safe dogs with people in general. But then I realize how the greater public would be fearful and make excuses for such great human friendliness , Like that’s, very rare ,or those dogs will snap any minute , these are NOT PBulls PB look different ,or the most used I don’t care what I am seeing I would never trust them ever.
    I’m not going to say I had to work hard at all to make them not HA , PB’s are inherency not HA , but when a person gets a PB as a pup and that dogs grows up with many people you end up with human loving dogs as good as the best known people loving dogs.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      67.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      55.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      77 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      84.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      84.3 KB
      Views:
  18. Tonka03

Tonka03 Big Dog

Its a fake.

Tony

19. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Looks real to me but he may have not burned it complete
    I think as long as you have the face on the bill it can be replaced

20. k_pbs

k_pbs Pup

I agree that it is to be expected that a pitmix can be a rather unstable dog, or very, more unstable generally than a pure bred apbt. That is also my experience.

But, it can also be something of a myth imo to always expect an APBT to be "superior" with people. It is no reason for someone who is thinking of getting a dog; the pitbull terrier is superior with people. -Oh I want a dog like that. There are many breeds who are superior, more or less, with people. Perhaps it could be said it is a spin off effect of the tradional breeding, to be human fiendly? perhaps or perhaps not. But nevertheless a generalization.

Lets not forget; they are not bred first of all to be human friendly, they are bred to function in an optimal way physically and mentally in a dog like kind of way. And that does not always involve primarily human friendliness as the main goal. It´s just that many of them are, perhaps as a spin off effect. But not always... and not as a main purpose. There are bloodlines which are not especially suitable to be house dogs for newbies, or i should say familys of dogs in certain bloodlines. Even if I don´t want to mention any special here, I could.
    Not to talk about the _mixes with more dominant breeds and these bloodlines.
    And what is more
    -Those are the dogs people who are new to the dog type often buys, easy to find for anyone and the buyers are expecting a nanny dog. And we can read about the result in the paper. And the APBT gets the blame.

so what do I want to say with this, that it is no reason to get an APBTmix, or even an APBT, just because it is assumed to be human friendly. Not all of them are more friendly than other dogs, and there are a lot of friendly dogs of different breeds out there. that is one of the dangers with the dogs this thread is about.

Take it for what it is worth, I have limited experience and am in no way an expert, just a few years studying so far and have a lot to learn of the most of you. But, I don´t know what I think about the nanny dog type of talk. It is a bit to much Come and buy APBT(mixes),for me. And , it could be misleading. They are after all dogs.

(not that anyone here are advertising dogs, just that to much popularisation could contradict it´s purpose, it can have an effect that was not intended.)

And, I can also say there are mixes, mutts whatever, that has a tremendous amount of intensity and energy, at least initially, and likes taking badgers a.s.o. that does´nt make them Pit bull terriers.
    And I´m afraid I´m also missing the point with this thread, I think.
    What is it all about?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009