1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

More then just a Mutt

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pit#5, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I think it's pretty safe to say that black dog is all bulldog:D at least judging by the pic. It's true you don't really know without papers but alot of people are breeding honest bulldogs these days and would touch a piece of paper.

2. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

wouldnt have to say it..it'd be fuckin obvious. plus, "MUTT BITES 5 yr OLD" doesnt sound as catchy as say.."5yr OLD BOY VICIOUSLY ATTACKED BY NEIGHBOR'S 400LB PIT BULL"

back on topic: [​IMG]
    this dog literally followed me home one night as a pup. i dont call her an APBT, usually i call her a bulldog. maybe BYB, maybe not. i could care less. she's a seizure alert dog now and hunts rabbits on the side.. she like the hogs, but shes my house dog and with her being on the small side(35#), i wont risk it.

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

ok man, so im feeding POS showdogs? wow, i never realized they had so much potential for the showring. what exactly am i feeding btw? you dont have a phuckin clue, so dont bother trying to respond with some jabber-in-circles bullshit.
    your 3 generations into shitzus shit im not even gonna bother with. more moronic jibber jabber.

and i dont need an education on what a "pitbull" is....or a bulldog for that matter. a 'pitbull" is what the media calls a half lab half boxer that bites a kid, and bulldogs are what i grew up feeding. thats right slap nuts, i ve had real dogs for many years, not shells or AmStaffs or whatever else you can come up with.

so again i will say, a fucking "pit bull" is a fucking mutt. i have american pit bull terriers that work for their food.

4. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Well folks, there you have it. Is Nah.uhh gonna come back? Hell, can he come back?

5. nah.uhh

nah.uhh Pup

Thanks, I went through the rest after my first post.
    I'm glad he didn't say they were real bulldogs, but even to allow them to be grouped together isn't fair/right!

If that dude wants to help petbull owners everywhere he should be educating the people he has run-ins with on the fact their dogs aren't pitbull type dogs anymore than Germans are Polish type people. The only dogs that match the pit bull "type" are a hidden breed behind closed doors on one hand, and is a pretty dog on stage either pulling weights hunting hog or looking pretty etc. on the other.

The point I'm trying to get across, is while he hasn't encouraged anyone into believing there is (far more) apbt type dogs on the street, nobody told these people the truth about their dogs.

Example is that picture of the "HA pit bull x " at the animal shelter. Instead of taking pictures, it would be a great justice to the real dogs if he would have educated the shelter in naming dogs.

My friend has mutts, rotty Labs. He calls them pit bulls, people believe him. If pit#5 saw him and took pictures like the media, does that make them pit bull type dogs? It shouldn't. When I meet people I ask if they have papers, most say yes their dog is registered with the city as was its parents, as a pit bull. I ask if their dogs trace back to bulldogs in any way shape or form. They don't even know what a pedigree is, they just bought the dog from a neighbor.

I hear of old friends getting their mutts seized all the time for being pit bull type dogs. If only those fools listened when I told them their curs were mutts and that they could never be bulldogs. Their loss, who the fk wants to help a mutt that their owner wants on a hitlist. If only they stopped wishing their curs were "pit bulls" they might still be alive, heck they wouldn't of had to wear muzzles and have extra insurance either, but whose trying to beat a dead horse?? Oh.. I am

I'm glad bsl only affects city folks and their mutts, people owning apbts as pets, and bybs.

If anyone don't believe that last statement............

Added..:
    Jy you didn't have to rat on lee. You should automatically take everything I say, even if you feel it was directed at one person, as generalized. especially around here for that very reason. I don't need you to tell me if you are working the dogs! Please don't inform anymore guests of who on gamedog you THINK works their dogs. And don't post back telling me its a fact unless you are the person ratting on yourself.

6. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Nah.uhh, you should know as well as the rest of us you can tell somebody something about their dogs till you're blue in the face that will NOT make them see or feel or think any different... You can have all the proof and truth and anything else you want and they will still think what they want (either their dog IS pb or their dog is NOT) regardless of what the truth is. For example, this post from the OP:

7. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

nah-uhh, i did not rat on lee, i stated something he would openly tell you himself. just because i used the word "worked" doesnt mean i inferred anything unbecoming, as you would know "working" can be stated as a farm dog, a hunting dog, even weightpull dogs. to word it better maybee i shouldve said "uses" them:).

i think the only problem with saying that stuff to those owners about their dogs is kind of a lost cause, in their eyes and joe public, they have "pitbulls" and nothing we can say will change their minds about it, even worse when they see your 35pound pocket rocket and explain thats what an apbt is. i think its too far gone for that for most people!
    unfortunate but true.

8. nah.uhh

nah.uhh Pup

Mybad if I was quick to shoot, but I feel you care way too much about "American pit bull terrier bs" the only thing that matters is bulldog or cur.

You know its funny. If you think I implied anything to the contrary to what you just posted, I guess I don't get my point across as nicely as I'd like.
    I tried to say everything you just said, incloding the lab boxer kid bite, the shells and amstaffs.

The only part we didn't click on is the "pit bull". Nowadays you can be an apbt without working for it. I was refer to working/pit dogs as PIT = [] bulldogs (pit bull dogs). everyone with papers that says apbt, seem to think it is so when lots are just show stock.. I was saying mutts don't deserve to have "pit" or "bull" in their name if they aren't bulldogs and don't produce anything to do with the [].
    Papers don't make a bulldog a bulldog, the dogman behind them do. I'm guessing we agree on that. All I'm saying is when it gets down to it it Doesn't matter the name you throw on the dog, a bulldog is a bulldog.

I don't know where you feel like you are a petbull owner, as those posts aren't directed at anyone doing right by the dogs. Last time I checked people that think mutts are breeds need to be talked to like babies. I aint tryna educate no dogman, they aint the problem with the country, almost everyone else is.

You feel me? Oh, just a question for a someone that knows their shit. and on the "i own American pit bull terriers" that sounds like you have a lot of stock in the name and you wouldn't breed to an unregistered line of bulldogs (to be clear I'm talking about game pit dogs) would you? What if the guy has handwritten pedigrees? What if they are likely hung?

I would.

There's more than one way to define the apbt, The bulldog defines which one I'm talking about.

Whether or not the dog is registered as an apbt or not I could care less. Do you need to own a "purebred" APBT for you dog to perform or produce well? Performance and production are the only thing that matters. This we agree on?

9. nah.uhh

nah.uhh Pup

I hear you, I just though if there was anybody anywhere that would understand. It would be here. Maybe pbc next. Sure its a lost cause in general, and no one person can save America. But I'd like to think that hopefully someone understands. My real reason for posting that shit to begin with? I ran into an MP with a bill out to remove bsl. Her nor none of her advisors were educated on breeds. It only took 15 mins with her and a long walk with her advisor to show them there is tons of people acting guilty of crimes they've never commit. Who cares is bsl works or not, the problem isn't the breeds, its the owners labeling them that will keep the bsl machine running.
    W/e tho man, I watch the world go to shit everyday, tomorrow won't be any different. Ill still be here with my dogs. I like the shadows..

10. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

im gonna be short and sweet....no way do i feel that JY ratted on me or whatever, so you can get over that. me and junkyard are cool.....im not exactly a new guy to some of the members on here. i work my dogs. what ever that means to you is your problem, not mine.

as for the term APBT and "pitbull"....you sayAPBT is about papers, yet i see "pit bull" when i open the paper, so yes, its left a bad taste in my mouth for the term. im not gonna bother with bulldog, i know what it means, and i'll assume you do too.

next, handwritten...the best dogs ive ever had were unregistered dogs with handwritten peds. i had them because the performed well, but i never did get much production out of the ones i tried to, but yes, we absolutely agree on that. as for "petbull folk", they may be the downfall of most, they wont impact me. im country folk

11. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

and a country boy can survive. yyyeeeaaahhhhh buddy.

12. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I for one, own BYB dogs and only once had a dog with papers
    But I was surrounded by fine dogs with papers when I knew a dog man and some of his buddies years ago so I remember well all those dogs and his keep methods of those days 1990’s ,
    I can’t totally swear to it but back in the late 80s to early 90s it was harder to find low cost how ever breeding Pit Bull type dogs, sadly now days it is always in the classifieds, and accepted by so many people as APBT. I am the first to always tell people if they ask me what breed do I have I say it might have some pit and even be, but I can’t say for sure.
    If I had the connections of my past I would have an APBT with papers Game?? Another story
    I like the BYB, for me they are fine, BYB will be more then happy to cause a ruckus in you life if you get lax with there keep. For all purposes you have to treat them like APBTs as the general public see’s them as such , so if one loves the TRUE APBT one must treat the BYB the same unless you want egg on your face and a law suite in your life and further taint the real APBT ( Long Live The Real APBT)

13. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

My 4 month 1week BYB bitch. Her father was big with tight mussel, mother was rangy
    I like this dog and trust her.

Attached Files:

14. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Personally I would not trust a BYB or their dogs. Hand written peds are fine as long as i trust the breeder who wrote the ped. but a dog with no kind of info behind them. nope not for me.

15. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I guess the word trust is in the eye of the beholder
    Trust for me now is
    Good with the kids
    She plays with other dogs as of now gentle and not over powering, a bit timid , but confident at the same time.
    Anyway trust for others can be what ever they put trust in the dog to do.

16. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

I want to be sure that I have a working animal that's all. with a BYB bred dog you don't know what the hell you're getting but 9 times out of 10 it sure as hell ain't a working dog.

17. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I don’t want to get into to much of whose write or wrong but I think we all can agree that there was a butcher dog and they were at least 100 pounds, as fighting dogs truly developed they were smaller, considering at the top of the list we have true APBT (fast lane) and from that point a trickle down to cur dogs that may even look the part. If it were legal and then the desire of the owner each dog with the tag Pit Bull and or durative of such dog could be game tested and end all discussions.

18. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

My dog playing with collage dog #64 to #69 & #78 #82

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      54.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      58.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      70.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      35 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      51.1 KB
      Views:
  19. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Yeah, you right pit. and that would truly be a grand sight. a true separation of wheat from chaff.

20. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

This dog was big and friendly as long as owner was around I came back to take a picture of dog but was now in guys truck I heard a distinct Low Low Low growl & felt a tingle of fear as window would never stop this American Bulldog HE WAS BIG !

Attached Files: