1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Mosquito problems..

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NatureBoy, Sep 21, 2010.

1. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

Just wondering if you had any ideas on how to deal with mosquito problems on the yard..
    my yard is pretty dry but i do have some pine trees.
    has anyone used a plug in zaper?

2. popper

popper CH Dog

where are you located? I live down south and this summer they arnt bad at all. Make sure you have no standing water in any buckets or wheel barrells. The people next door to me have a bug zapper , i will have to ask em how it works with squitos. I know it is always zapping those junebugs.

3. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

they got this propane mosquito trap..got one under my deck so when were hanging out eating and drinking on the deck we dont get eating alive...works too...but i live in the city and its not like the swamp but we still get em

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

my friend who is a horticulturist suggests flowering tobbaco plants

5. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

thanks for the replys.. i keep the yard pretty clean. no buckets or standing water besides water bowls that are changed daily. they seem to bite the dogs close to eyes, toes and underbelly. i'm north and they are bad in my part of town right now.

6. popper

popper CH Dog

NatureBoy , did yal have alot of rainy wheather this spring/ summer? The eyes deal sound more like nats or flies

7. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

sound more like gnats, rather than mosquitos

8. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

they get me too.. i'm pretty sure they are mosquitos. i'll wack them on the dog and they are full of blood.

9. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

Skin so soft by Avon works for gnats and I think mosquitos too. And it smells pretty good too.

10. krazee jack

krazee jack Banned

zappers make them worse. mosquitos arnt atracted to light. the zappers kill alot of bugs that eat them tho. so in the end it just makes it worse... try feeding fresh garlic 3x a week half a clove

11. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

i suggest looking into a bat house.