1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ghost 1, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

Suki is the motorcycle woman,,, lol,,, i've wanted one for a while now and i know quite a bit about sportbikes and have owned 2 in the past but cruizers i know little to any about,,

i'm looking at a 2006 harley 883 sportster BUT it does need fork tubes,,,ebay for 200-300 dollars,, but it only has 4000 miles for 2700 dollars,,, Suki is that a good deal? here's the bike
    [​IMG]

or i looked at a 1998 Honda Magna 750 with the billet wheels and in pretty good shape but it needed a tank or fix the dent in it and handle bars but it has 13000 miles but i can probroly buy it for 1200 or 1300 dollars

like i said i know very little about a cruizen bike but i think i'm going with the harley,,,lol,,,

2. Are you male or female?
    How long are your legs?
    Are you looking fer something to ride all day or just a coupla hours?
    Are you gonna ride 2-up or solo? {neither bike is good fer 2-up}

The Honda is a much more powerful bike, but is out of production, I think. This means parts are harder to get.

The 883 Harley ain't much to talk about. Although, parts & accessories are easier to get for the Harley. The 883 is the bottom line of the Harley bikes. Most folks I know end up buying a 1200 up-grade kit for the engine.

Neither of these bikes are really cruisers, in my opinion.

All of this is, "MY OPINION", except fer the questions.

I been riding since the early '60s. I ride a 2000 Yamaha Road Star 1600. I have 60,000 trouble free miles on it, and see no reason not to get 100,000 more. My wife rides a 1987 Yamaha Virago 1100.

I am not into the Harley thang.

3. Suki

Suki Guest

not a bad deal for the Harley, but yeah, depending on your on your height and ability, you may want to reconsider. The 883 is a decent enuff ride, but not "great" persay, (imo) in the power, (low HP) and sits low, (i THINK) has a 27" saddle height=comfortable, but not so much so after a few hrs of riding.
    if it's your first ride,(cruiser) it's a decent pick, but i've a feeling you'll both grow out of it and tired of it quickly, and MAY regret not just getting a Sportster. (1200)
    i, at one time had a Virago as well, and it's an awesome, REALLY comfortable bike.
    The Suzuks are a great ride=really can't beat the Jap bikes (seriously) lotta "bang" for your buck.
    LOVED my Jap bikes. the "Intruder" and i had MANY great years/miles of riding and i'd probably still be on it, if it didn't get totalled last year.
    do LOVE my SuperGlide tho~no regrest, cept the payments are a pain in the ass!!!
    if it's your first ride, i'd personally go with a used Jap bike, get a good feel for it, learn all the $hit you gutta learn=lean angles, put it into a skid and see how it handles, etc, and then move up, and if a Harley is your "thang" go with a 1200, at least...
    just my .02.
    some of my old bikes are pictured in my myspace.
    i'm ALL for suzuks, plus there's a GREAT group of people on a REALLY good site:
    http://www.intruderalert.com/
    where i've been a member since mid 04~LOTS of info about Suzuks....
    best of luck in your decision, either way!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2007