1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Movies

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Riptora, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I have the Summer off, so I actually have time to watch movies again! I was watching ' Old Yeller ' thinking, " What a good yeller dog! I wonder what kind of mutt that dog was... " ' Homeward Bound, the Incredible Journey '. I love that one! The bully in that movie is hilarious! Very cute. I read somewhere that there is a new movie coming out with an APBT as the hero. I can't remember much about it, I think it is by Disney and that it has something to do with war. Sounds like a another good one! I hope it comes out before my Summer ends!

If you guys can think of any other good ones to throw in, I'll make sure I watch them before I run out of time! By the way, I have kids, so I'm not completely childish! Just a little...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2006
  2. Mercepitdog

Mercepitdog Big Dog

I heard he was a lab/rott mix somewhere

3. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

I think its called turner and hooch and it has the big ol dogue de bourduex in it with tom hanks. funny movie lol

4. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

The Old-Yeller of story is a Black Mouth Cur. In the movies he was played by a Yellow Lab mix.

5. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Was Petey from the new Little Rascals an APBT? I know he was in the originals.

6. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

Yes he was :)

7. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Thanks, thought so but wasnt sure. I love that movie. Buckwheat and Porky are so cute

8. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

well im not %100 sure to be honest but it looks like an apbt to me from the dvd cover lol but it was an apbt in the old ones which is what i thought u asked at first lol:o and i doubt they would have switched it. Im tlaking about the 1994 one.

9. maximusab

maximusab Big Dog

Actually the Old Yeller in the movie was a full blooded Black Mouth Cur.

10. VegasK9s

VegasK9s Big Dog

Chance is an american bulldog.. Hooch is a Dogue De Bordeaux... Old yeller was a black mouth cur.. petey was an apbt.. well all like 5 of them lol.. and good old benji was a mutt.. but that didn't stop them from breeding about 200 offspring ;-)

11. maximusab

maximusab Big Dog

Also the remake of "The Little Rascals" the movie in the 90's uses an American Bulldog instead of a pitbull. The original Petey APBT all the way. Actually there were several Petey's.

12. VegasK9s

VegasK9s Big Dog

TY I actually just watched the movie with the kid i sit for.. adorable dog.. terrible movie lol... The story of the peteys is really interesting.. rather depressing too

13. semo

semo Top Dog

where the red fern grows.

14. maximusab

maximusab Big Dog

I think Red Tick Coon. If I remember right.

15. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Another cute one is "Milo & Otis" not a bully dog, but still a really cute movie.

16. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

See Spot Run is a pretty funny, mostly kid friendly movie with a beautiful Bull Mastiff in it. My daughter loves that movie!!

17. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

great book as well as a movie especially for the kids my daughter loves that movie

18. WWII

WWII Banned

I work with a guy that has an English Bulldog that is related to the bully in Homeward Bound. I think he said that the dog is great uncle or grandpa to his dog. Something like that. He's real big into dogs, too.

19. maximusab

maximusab Big Dog

The dos on Homeward Bound is an American Bulldog named Sure Grip Rattler. He is NOT an English Bulldog.

20. WWII

WWII Banned

I've never have seen the movie. Just going by what I heard. He seems pretty intelligent about dogs. He's into Bull Mastiffs. AKC showing. He also trains dogs for search & rescue, conformation, obedience, agility, etc.