1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Muscle building supplement

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by PADogman, May 9, 2004.

1. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

I heard people give there dogs muscle building supplements.To help build bigger and more muscle mass is this safe to use in safe quanities and what is a good age to start them on something like that

2. I much prefer to build my dogs muscles to old fashion way...working the dog myself. I don't believe in giving any unneccassary drugs.

3. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

I do to i was just seeing if anyone used any.Wanted to know the results.Thats all.Didnt know if it would be to hard on there kidneys or what

4. I don't think any unneccassary drugs are good for the dogs over all well being. They might not show a reaction or whatever early on but you'll surely be able to tell as the dog ages. Of course I'm one of those that believes that our animals (and children) are over vaccinated as well.

5. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Thanks i was talking to a breeder and he was telling me he gives his Dams muscle builders and vitamins and his pups are bigger and his litters are also bigger like 10-13 pups.

6. LOL. I'm sorry but if a dog is going to have a big litter it's cause it was meant to be a big litter not because the dam was givin some sort of drug. No wonder dogs have so many different health problems ;)

7. MMK

MMK Guest

the best thing to feed your dog to build muscle is just raw meet. it is full of crude protien which is the easiest was of building muscles cause your muscles feed off protien easier than they do carbs. any muscle building suppliments are definetly not good for your dog. and if a dog is on them then i think as it was mentioned it would burn out their kidneys/liver. their bodys were never created to be able to use it so they have not very much of a tolerance to it.

btw the person who said that our kids and pets are over medicated as is. i agree 100%. to much vacinating and the body stopps producing natural vaccines as they are not needed cause they are getting them from a different source

about having dogs consistantly having 10-13 pups. i only have 2 words for that "puppy peddler"

MMK

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2004
  8. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

That is true i wasnt planning on getting any dogs from this breeder anyways cause he seems to be out for the money instead of trying to help make the breed better.I would rather buy a dog from someone who has maybe 5-6 pups and is breeding more consistant and healthy dogs.

9. Bravo

Bravo Pup

The only way to build muscle,Is to increase the work load on the existing muscle i.e get out there and work that dog.
    Also you can only build a dog up to what his genetics will allow.
    Most dog men are not worried about biuilding muscle as it is counter productive.Only the confirmation people worry about such things
    Bravo

10. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

I agree 100%......I don't worry or try to build muscle, rather I try to improve athletic ability (eg. speed, strength, stamina and muscular endurance) However the dog looks then that how he looks......which is lean and healthy looking!

YIS

11. Norvell57

Norvell57 Top Dog

i tryed using muscle builders and working my dogs and i couldnt tell a diff. before and after i say just do it the old fashion way

12. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

It all depends what you are working the dog for? As for me I keep it simple with just some whey protein and some creatine added to his feed and 1 good multivitamin thats only if you are working the dog hard if not then you dont need to add anything just feed some good high protein kibble.

13. CRD

CRD Big Dog

Old school is still the best! Supplements tends to shorten your dogs life!

14. B

B CH Dog

www.getcni.com sells RF-1... a few top kennels won't run a keep without the stuff. This stuff is based on years of research. It doesn't build muscle but it does provide the proper protein to fuel muscle synthesis. It also provides some supplements that help assist in your dogs recovery so he can work harder the next day. These are not items that you give your dog on a daily basis just to make him look "big". These are serious supplements used to give you an advantage over your weight pull or show competition.

Supplements don't build muscle. Hard work and consistancy build muscle.

Regards,

B

15. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

Alot of people may think that their dogs are getting bigger, but it's simply mostly water and fat gains, like they said muscle is built from working the dog. When kept conditioned, dogs look much more muscular by themselves, the smaller the layer of fat a dog has, the more muscles revealed. Conditioned dogs look much nicer and can preform alot better than if bulked up from a supplement.

16. I give my dogs and the pups clovite and yes if you give a pregnant female clovite during her second term of pregnancy it will make the pups bigger and healthier. It is not harmful at all and the buckskin black-mask that was posted looks scrawny and hungry to me. I have the same buckskin pit and he looks much bigger and healthier than him, no offense, just stating the truth. I am starting to breed blue pits and they are given clovite as well. I also keep them on heavy chains to build their shoulder mass. To each his own though.

17. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Please tell me your just kidding with us.

1. There are blue pit bulls everywhere you turn around. We do NOT, nor does this breed, need another "breeder" breeding dogs for color & $$$.

2. As for the chains, only a newbie or ignorant or just plain foolish person would a) keep dogs on heavy chains & b) actually think the chains build muscle mass. What the chains actually do is break down your dogs cervical & lumbar spine & cause crippling arthritis at the ripe old age of 2. These dogs are lucky if they can look side to side & lift their heads up.

But hey, you "know" what you're doing.

18. No im not a doctor but yes if you put a 50lb chain on a 15lb dog yes it will mess their necks up. If you work them gradually into heavier chains like a 25lb then a 50lb it will help them build muscle. I notice you didnt argue about the vitamins adding to the size of unborn pups. I must know some of what im talking about.

19. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

A constant strain on the dog's neck or anywhere is NOT good. Breeding blues is enough to wrile up this crowd. Obviously HEALTH is not your goal. If it was, you would not be pumping up your bitches, breeding blues and damaging your dog's necks. Pregnent bitches need double the intake of nutrition. A raw, healthy supplimentation is all that is needed. Genetics have everything to do with the size of the pups too.

20. Marty

Marty Guest

So to you this dog would look like what?

[​IMG]

Or this dog...?

[​IMG]

Take these pics to your vet and show them to them and ask is this more healther than say these dogs?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2006