1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Muscle Tone

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Doggystyle, May 4, 2006.

1. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

In the last two weeks I have been running my girl every other day about 2 miles or less and I am feeding her Eukanuba once a day(was twice a day). What has given you the best results to great muscle tone for your dog/dogs or what could I add to this workout?

2. tnob

tnob Big Dog

What has worked really wel for me is spring pole and flirt pole work. Explosive exercises.

3. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Flirt pole and swimming are great for muscle. Running will give more endurance and cut fat. YIS

4. I would say drag weight that is giving my girl some great mussle tone

5. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

As Jeeperino suggested, resistance exercises (pulling, swimming, tugging, etc) build muscle, while aerobic and anaerobic exercises (walking, running, etc) increase endurance and burn fat.

6. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

Try feeding the same amount spaced out through the day. If you feed it all at once the body begins to store fat until the next time it eats, which it knows will be 24 hrs later. Feed in the AM, in the PM and then wake her up at 3 AM and give a little food so as to keep the metabolism high. Are you feeding that eukanuba pro-plan (i think euk makes pro plan) or the reg eukanuba? You're probably going to see the best results if you feed her raw, and you're a smart guy, it would only take ya about a week of researching to get it all together. Good luck.