1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My 7 yr old dog is shitting pure blood and very lethargic.. Please anyone(ASAP)

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by MyPoorAnimal, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Dog shitted blood today and he seems to have no energy. Im taking him to the vet tomorrow but any recommended tests that i should get and any ideas what this can be?

Symptoms- blood squirting out ass. Threw up his kibble... No appetite but e drinks lots of water... Hes very lethargic.. He usualy is very hyper but hes super calm and now i am truly worried...

Iv had close calls with my dog in the past such as bleeding penis, and him getting into anti freeZe but he always was his old self. This time im truly worried this may be the end.. Hes not himself. No energy..

Please comment...

Thanks

2. Im taking him to the vet in 12 hrs but if amy recommended tests i would appreciate it . So the vet does t charge me $800 for sometbing that could have been done to figure out the issue with 1 test of $70 cost...

3. blueboy

blueboy Big Dog

Why are you waiting 12 hours. Go to the vet NOW

4. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

the time you took to make this thread time could've been in the vet 12 hours medical emergency vet stay open 24 hours

5. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

yeah just hurry up and take him or start diggin his hole now!! if you love him and hes important too you or your breeding program get him medical attention!!

6. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Get your dog to an emergency vet NOW. What the hell is wrong with you! We are not vets.

7. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

some of us damn near are!! JK but yeah take that MF too see a vet asap theres a list of shit that could be wrong!!

8. Ok took him to the vet. They gave him metronidazole and pvd k9 dog food . Drontal plus canine cankne med dog dewormer and fecal examination.

Also wtf. U guys want me to go to an overnight vet at 11 pm? As if this cant wait a few hours..

Ill keep u guys updated i suppose

9. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Or you'll be back with the next problem since that's the only time you show up here. Take care.

10. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Yes. Some things can't wait. What do you care more about? A little money or your dog? Simple as that.

You seem to have the right handle, BTW.

11. treezpitz

LOL! I've been feeling sorry for that animal since she started the account asking for help with a previous vet bill. Good post, T.

12. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

I was going to post after Treez, but damn if T didn't hit it on the nob. LMAO!

13. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Some things can wait a few hours, some things can't. This is one of those things that can't wait. When your dog is shitting out blood and is lethargic, it can't wait a few hours.

14. I dont want to fight with you guys. Right now my dog is what matters most.

Im doing everything the vet said but my dog is still lethargic... Makes me so sad... And figures with my luck tomorrow is christmas so they are closed..

What should i request from the vet on friday. They want bloodwork... But shouldnt there be an xray done first???!

My dog is barely moving... Makes me so damn sad to see him like this...

15. also you guys have to understand something. i dont have much money im doing what i can...

I never bought this dog.. If you read my previous posts youll know i found him as a puppy. for all we know i could have brought him to the shelter, have no one adopt him and have him put to sleep due to over populations of shelters... im doing what i can...

i really wish i had more money. i havent gone on any vacations or actually treated myself to anything good in forever... i make $9 an hour. im very poor... its not like i have an iphone, a lexus, eat fastfood everyday etc. no. thats not the life i live...

are there any vets on this forum that can provide advice on what tests ican request for my dog..

im just praying for another miracle... but iv always gone with my gut and i knew the first times he would be ok, even though some of you guys wanted me to put my dog down initially... or thought he was going to die ... but i knew he would be ok and he was.. but this time i seriously think he is going to die or something is seriously wrong.. just by the way he acts..

when he was bleeding on his penis for 2 weeks and the vet wanted surgery, i stayed positive and didnt put him to sleep and after 2 weeks his penis stopped bleeding on its own and hasnt bled since(miracle but i knew there was hope).. dog was still happy... showed no signs of pain...

when my dog had a few licks of anti freeze. i knew that there was no way a few licks can kill a 40lb pit bull... esp with no signs of poisioning etc. and my dog was fine. ( my dog was still very happy)

this time my dog crapped blood and it scared me to see it... then he doesnt walk up to me when i get home from work jumping on my face licking me, wagging his tail for 10 minutes etc. i knew something is terrible wrong. i really think this may be the end... its just to much for me. i really wish idid have the money. i have $1,084 to my name saved up.... As pathetic as it is. makes me want to jump out the window sometimes to be this poor... but will spend it wisey... will try to save my dog the best i can .. but i have to spend wisey.. .cant go to an overnight vet and get a 900$ bill then have my dog require xxx for addition costs etc then have no money. i have to use this wisey.. so please have consideration.

16. treezpitz

IMO, your dog would have a better chance at the shelter. Would you rather have a chance at adoption or continuous suffering at the hands of your owner? It's your dog, do as you please but don't act like you're doing the dog a favor because you are not.

17. continuoussuffer? continuous continuous? he has never suffered. this is the only time he seems to be suffering. the other times he showed no signs of pain and was wagging his tail hyper and excited etc. this is the only time he seems depressed. and i already took him to the vet , your ridicules if you want me to spend $5,000 with ER 24/7 vets etc when its not needed.

18. how is this continuous suffer if my dog constantly wags his tail and is hyper????? happy...

???
    someone explain to me how my dog has suffered in the past when his personality has zero changes and is extremely happy, tail consnatly wagging?????????????

oh big deal i took my dog to the vet 12 hours after he first started bleeding. so i dont have to pay $800. as if it was an emergency situation. but its ok for you to have all your dogs on chains and think they are more happy than my dog that sleeps on my bed and is around people compared to outside in the cold with a bunch of dogs LOL. get real

19. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Sometimes we just have to let go. An start fresh . Good luck

20. treezpitz

My dogs don't lay around needing medical attention while I'm on the internet trying to beg for money or medical advice. LOL you get real.