1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My Article....

Discussion in 'Tips' started by SMOKIN HEMI, Dec 23, 2007.

1. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Posted by realonebulldog at 05:40 AM on 07-03-2007

A Christian and Stratton-Fan writing about the GENETIC TASK .......... As my first “Gazette“ was sent me from America, I was totally shocked. The reason for this was the title of a contribution by one of my favourite-authors named Richard F. Stratton. “The last scratch” he calls his article, and I really hope this is merely an expression of his English humor, although I never have met him personally, I probably am profoundly interconnected for him, caused by the common love of the only breed. His book “the truth about the APBT” was read many times by me, and I noticed interesting details again and again. Later, I bought the book “The world of the APBT” in which especially the contribution about the “Real Dogmen” Harvey Greenwood” made my heart grasp. To be honest, the true story “A bit of History” with the unbelievable “Wallace Dog Toney” also made an adult man get moist eyes. Maybe you now wonder, why I write this all, this is not easy to be explained, I’ll try my best by writing further. I were always interested in dogs and wolves and moreover I were blessed to be able to read in a rather young age. My first book about dogs was called “wolf-blood” written of the well known author Jack London. I read this book 1976 in the tender age of 7 years and as all good books I read in my life it was read more than once from me. My opinion is that a good piece literature should be read at least twice to get into the author, to understand him or also to be able to question maybe. Superficiality is a hostage of our time and beside many other wrong-interpretations among other things also responsible for the discrimination of the APBTs prolonged now already over 30 years. Often by studying allegedly good compartment-literature I already saw with the conscientious one annoys that consciously the untruth is Propagated. Maybe you also still have a dog-book in which the extremely distinctive pre-bite of the showbulldogs is explained that it enabled him in the Middle ages to cling the bull. Furthermore, the behind nose should make it possible for the dog to breathe while he clings the bull. Only somebody who knows the real Catchdogs can recognize the whole outsize of this idiocy. And you can be sure, while I write these lines, literature is somewhere published in which even today are stupid making things like that are reported. The one thing that worries me about that, is the a usual interested who gets a literature of this type acquires such wrong-knowledge which he assumes as his own. Some time ago, my neighbour clarified me about why many hunting dog-races have so big ears. He said that this form of selection aims the dogs at the hunt, it would ease swimming. As I amused asked him to explain how ears could ease swimming, he told me with serious mine that these big ears would calm the waves around the dog-head and hereby the hunting dog could swim faster. I was speechless. After a minute of silence, I was able to explain the man that this swimming-ear-history was the most stupid I ever heard and of course he was offended. Probably he still believes in his story until today and is angry about my ignorant behaviour. It is a fact that there are countless nonsense-stories about breeds and especially about show-races and many of them are so established in time so it gets harder to expose them as alibi-stories. Every dog-interested person probably knows the “Teckel” or also called the “Dackel” because it is a well known and very spread breed. The most of us know why this old German breed must have as short legs although this leads to dramatic backs, bones and cartilage-illnesses. The Teckel is an Earthdogs and so this breed is for work under days like in mines. On this occasion his short legs should ease him running in the small “earth-tubes”. Can you believe that? I personally did for a long time period, until the point I recognized that the best Earthdogs( for example the Patterdaleterier) have no short but naturally grown runs.

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

If the justification-history about cripple-legs virtually had basis only approximately then all Earthdogs would have these short legs. Fact is that in this “intact world” of show-breeding the one is denounced as perverse who pronounce these truths openly. This personally completely doesn’t matter to me, however these lovers or also breeders should praise their pitiful creations full of pride and still believe in their own lies until the end, I know for me which breed is worth to be defended and promoted. Yes, the good old work-races still exists today, dogs which are bred in accordance with a GENETIK TASK a task which itself is like a thread trough thousand of generations corresponds the race moves for certain qualities like for capability and vitality. I’d like to explain what I meant with GENETIK TASK. Once again I name a very known German breed al helper, witnesses and also victims as representatives. The German shepherd probably is a concept indisputably world-wide. He stands for qualities like intelligence, reaction-fortunes, strength and endurance or differently an “APBT” so a “REAL ONE BULLDOG” all days amounts. When we have a look at the German shepherd (better: that what is remaining) today, we can recognize , carefully expressed, only a tiny fraction of the attributes for what this pride of German dog-breeding a long time stand for. The question is why. Strictly spaking it is extremely remarkable when a breed is over many decade a versatile and desired as “super-use-dog” by police and army. And through time to degenerate continually more and more and finally ends as ephemal caricature. To much inbreeding! Simply totally “overbreeding”. Exactly such or similar statements are used in discussions about the decline of the German shepherd. Ultimately approximately 98 percent of the enlightenment interested believe this version, just because there has to be any reason. I think I know the reason for the decline of German shepherd and I’m pretty sure it’s not the inbreeding. Later I’ll come back to the topic inbreeding, but now I want to deal with the overbreeding. What should it mean if a breed is regarded as overbreed? Maybe this means that it was bred much to long? Or are to many descendants of the corresponding race simply made? It’s often said that certain races are exposed to an extreme increase-installment because of business-interest and hereby take damage. So maybe the mass-breeding and similar aberrations are reasons for the total degeneration of many breed like the German shepherd? To make it short, NO, whether mass-breeding, inbreeding or overbreeding (whatever this may be) created the physical or psychical Illnesses, to comprehend why the shepherd is not the same we’ve got to have a far look in the past. In the year 1899, two German friends got the consequential idea to breed a German national-dog. This one should become tenaciously, fast strongly as well as extremely intelligently, fearlessly and climate-fimly. In one sentence it should have all sodierly virtues. Once apart of the fact that there were many real work-races in this time, the above desired qualities met the Real German shepherd with topmost-possible precision. Over centuries and continuously given from generation to generation he had the same GENETIK TASK which meant working at the herd under hardest conditions like extreme heat or cold or the work with mulish. All that made him useful for military and the police, he was perfect for all of them. Furthermore, all members of this work-race had to learn through thousands of generations how to keep an eye on lowest hints of the shepherd to react in a second, if necessary. Precisely this human-drawee type intelligence made the German shepherd to the absolute lead over all other breeds. No other breed spread so fast over the whole globe from its formation on, and gained a knowledge-degree like the German shepherd. Even though the sun sank down over the German shepherd long time ago, his name quite comes up in everyones sense as soon as the words protection or use-dog are said. Sure you probably want to know now why and when the German shepherd degenerated. Well, to answer when it was I can boast the year 1899, amazed? If it is so, you didn’t read my article sufficiently alertly! His particular and only GENETIC TASK is it which brought him the honor and so the shepherd bred him in many centuries before 1899 after strict accomplishment-criterions to the dog for who this honor is only for. The two friends of I initially spoke “Max von Stephanitz” and “Artur Meyer” got 1899 a really perfect use-dog-race of the German shepherds. The two were conscious about that fact, but unconsciously they did what many breeders did after them, they hurt the line two times and it almost bled to death until now. Perfidious is, that these two wounds are becoming visible very slowly. It needs more generations to see finally that the healthy and efficient workrace got lost in all the breeding. The reason for that is that the accomplishment-breeding over many generations of acquired vitality and usable-ness can not be destroyed through few generations of wrong or fully lacking breeding-selection.

3. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

No, this process takes time and consequently several generations in claim, nevertheless it reaches its goal which means the absolute destruction of the concerned race. The first wound I named above consists in robbing a breed its GENETIC TASK. Its particular GENETIC TASK is the most important that a breed posseses, if someone withdraws or changes it, then the original race will vanish. For example I’ll name the weight-increase of certain-breeding lines of the American Pitbullterriers (Bulldogs) which cannot be ignored anymore. The breeders of these special-lines chose instead of the original GENETIC TASK another one named the weight traction. These lines adapted themselves to their new GENETIC TASK within few generations and changed their physical view. However, over a long time period these breeders will produce big, powerful and fight-strong Bulldogs, but they will remove generation to generation from what we now call a Bulldog. It’s only a matter of time until no dog of these lines can defeat a 45 pound Real one Bulldog in a fight. Now it’s clear that the exit-race didn’t only change through the Selection of the new GENETIC TASK, it doesn’t exist anymore. The Irish Wolfhound is another good example for a breed whose GENETIC TASK is taken. The rial Irish Wolfhound, the wolf-killer of the middle ages, definetely doesn’t exist anymore. He died with his GENETIC TASK (the wolf) in the 18 century virtually completely. Round 1850 an officer in the British army, Mr. G. A. Graham, shall tried to save the race with help of the pitiful remained rest of the Irish Wolfhounds. Whoever read this article exactly knows that it is insignificantly whether Mr. Graham bought 10, 100 or 10000 Irish Wolfhounds for his rescue-action because he would have never managed to select the dogs with the particular GENETIC TASK. Of course, all breeders couldn’t manage the same even though they tried over 150 years until now. Now I want to get to the second wound I talked about. In order to understand this final wound, we need to know the criterions a breeder selects a work-race, particular when the GENETIC TASK of this race is not available anymore. In the most favourable case, a new work is admittedly, it gets a new GENETIC TASK, the original race vanishes but caused by an ongoing, achievement-oriented selection, it becomes a new vital and healthy race. In the worst acceptable case (like the Irish Wolfhound) an achievement-oriented breeding, after losing its GENETIC TASK, its becoming a selection-type oriented at look and type. With the Irish Wolfhound it was like that, the type was made by representations on old paintings or in old literatures. On this way grow an ideal “picture” in the heads of the breeders and everyone wanted to reach it and typical for a show-race is they started from the beginning with crossbreeding. Mastiff, Deerhound, Barsoi, and Great Dane are four completely different races witch where crossed into the line of the Irish Wolfhound and I’m pretty sure that the suspected figure is even higher. The actual, real Irish Wolfhound existed no more at this moment, that’s quite clear. Even through this selection-loose crossing-breeding this dogs look like the ones on old paintings and drawings. Ridiculously to believe that the Irish Wolfhound does still exist. But you’ll find out when you try to hunt wolfs with these dogs. The Irish Wolfhound has been bred for 150 years only for the look and type. Actually this breeding makes this dog live only five to seven years with things like lime-gout-bones, miscellaneous heart, vessel-deformitier, hereditary after-hand-paralysis and innumerable other illnesses. At this place I would like to express that the appearance of a dog is extremely insignificance. Exactly this fact is in these days hard to explain, nowadays when girls in the age of 15 already have breast-operation. Many have the opinion that the standart or the much discussed type is the most important about a breed, however, in my view the establishing of certain types is the second and finally wound. Standart and type are the afterbirth of show-breeding because how else should breeders recognize their dogs without a GENETIC TASK, their deplorable and ill creatures are different only in look. Work-races never needed a standard in looking or anything like that, the only standard was to do the maximum performance in accordance with their GENETIC TASK and this is so since the beginnings of the Domestikation. This means that the GENETIC TASK is the strainer and lawyer and not the outer appeareance influenced by thousands of opinions and thoughts. Well, that might be enough. I hope I succeeded with my explanation about the GENETIC TASK and also that you saw how important it is. I decided to publish an article in the AMERICA PIT BULL TERRIER GAZETTE and so I need to write something about the eldest GENETIC TASK which is used by animal-breeders, the fight. It is an indisputable fact that all predecessors of our Bulldogs had the fight as a task of the genetics. Because of this fact the Bulldog stands for high intelligence an unbelievable concentration-ability and an outstanding physic. Everyone who has relating to that another theory somewhat more like Walt Disney or the brothers Grimm, is wrong of course but nowadays I’m sure they will have many listeners because it’s a fact that many people don’t know Jesus Christ, but if you ask for Santa Claus everybody can tell you all about him. When we celebrate Christmas we think about everything except of the fact, that we celebrate the birth of the biggest and most succesful fighter ever. Exactly this few people who know and remember the biggest fight, with the most highly ever risked effort, the most painfully losses and at the same time the highest ever achieved victories, these minority is on the right way. To the ones who might have given no serious thougt to this topic, I want to make clear, that I don’t mean catholics, evangelists or any other union, I mean Christians in the spirit and the Victory that our Savior agains’t an overearthly dangerous opponend with the name “satan” forced existed in the irrevocable annihilation of the death. Now you might be confused what that all has in common with our Bulldogs. Well, initially we should see that we cannot recognize the truth only by gigantic neon signs or immensely crowds. The truth often is gloatingly in seclusion even though lie and insanity present theirselves. To match an example I’d like to name the “Crufts Dog Show” which is probably the most famous dog-show of the world. Who would dare to criticize this institution of the international dog-breeding? If we think about the million people who have to do something with this big event and how many million Dollars are earned with it then we virtually shrink on pea-size. Spontaneously we get the thought that nothing can be wrong here. Thousands deckked out dogs, just as many owners and breeders and judges. Music, colourful light and all kind of dog-article-advertisement. Bigger, more officially and more seriously than the “Crufts Dog Show”, no, there can’t be anything. Fine, you don’t suspect that I want to prise the “Crufts Dog Show”, that’s clear, let us leave the abadoned chapter with superficiality, vanity and lie and let us return to the truth. There is propably no officially recognized breed which you cannot find on this mother of all exhibitions and of course nowadays 90 percent are bred exactly for this Event. They simply increases without important selection or GENETIC TASK in accordance with purely external and consequently unimportant criterions. If someones nerves had enough of hearing the media telling how cruelly the GENETIC TASK is of what our Bulldogs are made of and if this someone wants to hear something indescribably perfidious and cruel, then he should inform himself about what 150 years of breeding for the right looking of dogs made of 90 percent of all breeds. I will list only four good known breeds here without missing out the hereditary diseases of these pitiable creatures. I could name dozens of such cruelties and the unbelievable indifferenc of media towards this topic, surprises me again and again.

4. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

1 ENGLISH BULLDOG

Typical hereditary diseases: Heart and vessel-deformities, waterhead, eyelash-deformities, shoulder-problems, knee-problems,elbow-problems, malformed too small eyeballs, urine-way-fistula, too long soft palate, dermatitises and so on and so on!

2 GERMAN SHEPHERD

Typical hereditary diseases: Onward muscle-degeneration, stunted growth, , spinal cord-skin-ossification, deformities of the spinal column, distortion of the pancreas, , limb-claim-mutilations, bone-brittleness, lime-gout, cataract, chronic cornea-degeneration, cartilage-defects, heart and vessel-deformities, epilepsy, inclination to the stomach-spin, inclination to tumors, hemophilia, colon-giant-growth, gum-lumps and continously there are more and more.

3 DACKEL

Typical hereditary diseases: Diabetes, retina-illnesses, cornea-degeneration, abnormal bites and defense-instinct, anal-tumor, urine-stone-formation, epileptieforme cramps, water-head, shutter of the stomach-exit, decrease of the lower jaw, crack-rods, elbow-illnesses, gum-tumor, cramps, leukemia, heart - and vessel-deformities and other illnesses.

4 COLLIE

Typical hereditary diseases: Retina-illnesses, numbness, light-eczema, heart and vessel-deformities, heavy muscle-weakness, tumor-inclination, strong disturbances in the skeleton-development etc.

I listed four well known breeds completely arbitrarily and also could mention the Labrador, Retriever, Great dane, Old English Sheepdog, Newfoundlander, Dobermann Pinscher, Poodles, Basset, Bernhardiner, The Boxer, the English Bullterrier, the Cocker, the Chow-Chow, The Dalmatian, The Bostonterrier, The Foxterrier, The Mastiff and so forth, innumerable breeds including numerous hereditary diseases. Without exception EVERY breed selected for show-breeding aquires more hereditary diseases from generation to generation. Because of that I want to place here the promised theme “inbreeding” once more. This is an attraction-topic especially for show-breeders because they don’t like the thought that their breeding-lines which are troubled by crippling, hereditary diseases could be ennobled by inbreeding. Sure, because of course the inbreeding would easily multiply all existing negative hereditary traits. In this case are our Bulldogs so healthy and almost free of hereditary diseases? Is it not a fact that nobody makes a secret of it, that this vital breed is subservient for extreme inbreeding? Fact is that our Bulldogs are healthy and efficient because of their GENETIC TASK and in contrast to show-races here the inbreeding doesn’t multiply itself hereditary diseases, it multiplies the positive things like health, strength, endurance and intelligence. In my view this shows once again the outstanding importance of the GENETIC TASK.

By Thomas Maurer