1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My Doberman

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by cliffdog, Sep 19, 2012.

1. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I thought I would share some pics of my Doberman... seen some folks around the forum mention the breed...
    3yr old bitch. She's no bulldog but she's pretty good to keep around. Keeps folks out from the back yard. She's good on the chain or in the house which is something because I NEVER would have thought I'd have a 76lb housedog! Not crazy drive but she can go for a very long time without stopping in the gulf coast summer heat. She is a pleasure to work and fun as hell to hunt with... loves nothin more than tearin up a small fuzzy animal from moles and mice to possums. She will kill em on the ground, dig em up, or tree em like a damn hound. All around not a bad dog.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

for shits n giggles this is her on the low springpole at 4 months
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

i was actually going to get a doberman before i bought my dog. i ended up not getting one because the breeder only had red ones. if i was going to get a doberman i wanted a black one. nice dog you have there.

i was going to import mine from a europe from a working kennel. any reason why your didnt clip the ears? i like my bulldogs with ears, but i like the look of the clipped ears on the dobermans.

3. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I just don't like the real long crops that you see on Dobermans. I don't know if I'll get my next ones ears done or not but if I do they will be a shorter crop like you see on a pit bull.

I don't plan to get another one until this girl gets old but theres some good breeders in the US using Euro stock that are world class. In fact a couple of them have bred dogs that are on police forces which is saying something big because you dont see many Dobermans that are good enough for police work anymore. I would probably go to them before importing just to reduce cost and also because theres no language barriers. Tend to have less health problems too because a lot of the breeders here do heart tests and blood tests for vWD.

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

nice lookin dog cliff.

5. coondog4

coondog4 Pup

I had one years ago. The damn best squirell dog I EVER! had. She was good as catching mice too.

I had her ears done short, not that long show crop stuff. She was a one person dog and was hell fire on someone trying to come in the house, the yard or the truck with me not around.

I used to get a kick out of leaving her in the truck and someone walking next to it.

Yours is a good looking dog!

6. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

Good looking animal Cliffdog, always admired the Doberman for their loyalty and tenacity but would never own one personally. Nice pictures of her, thanks for sharing

7. bamboo33

bamboo33 Big Dog

She's a beauty and I like the uncropped ears

8. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

cliff i am loving the pictures with your new camera, especially the one of bonnie in the car.

9. Sherman

Sherman Big Dog

Nice looking dog. I never owned one but but every one I've known that had one loved them

10. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

thanks folks. bamboo33, i think the uncropped ears look pretty good myself, but i don't have a preference. hasn't affected how she hunts or guards so the floppy ears can stay.

BB, now if only i could afford a decent lens. lol

11. jacko

jacko CH Dog

what does she hunt cliff ?
    i like a nice dobe,,, elegance with teeth . lol

12. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

mostly squirrels and possums because that we can do in the backyard, she'll tree em and i'll knock 'em down with a pellet gun and she'll finish them off. she's treed coons before but i didn't knock them down for her, worried about rabies. but she's also good for mice around the barn, moles, armadillos. feral cats. if it comes into the yard or we cross it in the woods there's a pretty good chance she'll kill it.

13. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i like to see dogs such as dobermans in pairs...

14. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

i was looking at that option. i will have to research more into it, but am not looking for one at this time. it is a dog i would not mind owning though in the future. good info

15. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

thats a good looking dog Cliff... i have a soft spot for Dobermans :o

16. coondog4

coondog4 Pup

[​IMG]

My favorite picture of the bitch I had...

17. D.Dogg

D.Dogg Big Dog

Always been a fan on the Doberman. Wont lie the breed makes a lil nervous. Hard to read for someone that doesnt have experience with them. Brother had two when I was a young. One Blue and one black. IS that blue right? We are talking the 80's so memory may be off. Is there a Blue Doberman. Swear that was what she was. Forgot all about him having her till now.

Recently stayed at a friends who keeps two dobermans. Male and Female. The Male really took a liking to me. Noble dogs for sure.

18. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Nice... That lean body type always reminds me of a Malinois. My Dobe gets along pretty well with a Malinois we know and they are very similar.

Yeah, blue. Sometimes a Doberman will get real attached to someone for no real reason, theyre good judges of character I guess.

19. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

If you get a good one, they're a tough dog to outdo... obviously I am a big fan of them lol

20. coondog4

coondog4 Pup

The bitch I had would check you out. You could pet her while she was checking you out. After she did that... she would have nothing to do with you.. If I was home you could walk right in but if I was not home she would not let you in.

I could take her to my buddies and she would lay on his wifes lap for hours, all I had to do was say here and she would not think twice about her.

I loved how that dog put me above everyone.