1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

my friend has this pitbull...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by PhillyPitty, Sep 28, 2004.

1. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

and he wants me to breed mine with hism now is bitch is not even a pitbull, its a pit mix, i kno that pit mixes seem to not get homes right away, what should i tell him?

i mean he has a nice dog in all but i dont want no mutta running around

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Just tell him no because you don't want to aid in the overwhelming population in animal shelters lol. Whatever excuse you make, just let him know that you don't think cross breeding your dog will be very good for either one of ya'.

BB

3. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

yea man u right

i mean he has a nice dog and all but u can tell its a pit mix, her head is way 2 small and she has a poor body, like u kno a weak frame? yea thats what his dog has

but ima wait, ima post of pic of another dog i had in mind and i wanna kno what yall think

4. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

So are you just into breeding bulldogs because of their looks??? That, in my opinion anyways, isn't the reason to breed these dogs, sure a pretty dog is nice to have, but not a must.
    BB

5. I'm just curious on why you want to breed your dog? Most people who breed their dogs tend to try and better the breed by producing physically and mentally sound pups that are as good or better than their sire/dam. If you're just breeding because having puppies are cute or trying to make cash then you're breeding for the wrong reasons.

6. CRG

CRG Top Dog

well put lambchop

7. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

i never said i was breeding for money or only for looks, no one wants a poor looking pitbull

8. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I'll take a poor looking (provided its not poor health) bulldog, as long as it lives up to the real breed standard of being a real gamebred bulldog.

BB

9. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Darn Right!!! But confromation does go along way.. the dog doesnt have to be pretty but at least have sound conformation (ie conformation that doesnt impose health problems)

10. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

qwell looks may not be everything in some cases but breedin a pure bred wit a mutt aint right, I mean if they do get homes they'll be lucky

people who want pitbulls dont want pit mixes, i kno i dont

I'll see if i can post a picture of her one day, you'll see what I'm talking about 'poor body image'

11. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Ok you lost me on that one...you are the one that was talking about breeding a mutt to a bulldog, nobody else brought it up. As for getting homes, we keep what we breed, and we don't breed for looks but good luck with you and your buddies pit mixes lol
    BB

12. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Please do the world and yourself a favor, DO NOT breed yours with his mix. It'll only add to the multitude of mixes out there ending up in shelters, put down or getting made into your typical man-biter. JMHO If you breed, breed to a proven dog, and not just because it'll look pretty.

13. swosprey

swosprey Pup

Breeding like this is the absolute last thing that bulldogs need. First
    off there is no thought or preperation into the breeding.It is just
    a selfish act, not done to improve the breed. I understand that you
    have not done this breeding, but it sounds like you are considering
    doing a breeding in the future.

I implore not to this. There are men and women who spend a lifetime
    breeding bulldogs. Would you let a guy off the street perform brain
    surgery on you? An amateur who just starts breeding because he
    likes his dog will run into issues.

First off do you know how to whelp pups? What about potential infections
    and or genetic defects? What about your dog? If your dog is the family pet,
    great, it does not make him or her a stud dog. Dogs that are bred need
    to be proven. You also need to have the ability to properly cull and select
    pups. Then who are you selling to? Random people who know nothing about
    the dogs will get into trouble.

The old guys took their time and guarded their dogs. Not everyone was
    privy to a bulldog. In case you haven't noticed bulldogs had a lot less
    negative media exposure in the past.

American Pitbull terriers are a priveledge not a right. You need to learn
    a lot about this dog in order to properly understand what you have. I bought a
    house with a large fenced yard and an enclosed kennel so I could have one.
    I love this breed and only want to see it advanced in a proper manner.

I do not breed, because I do not yet have the knowledge. I hope that your
    dog brings you years of enjoyment. Think twice about breeding. It is an art
    and a science.