1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My little boy is super skinny; But Can't increase food without upsetting his stomach

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Lovepup, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Jim R

Jim R Banned

Re: My little boy is super skinny; But Can't increase food without upsetting his stom

i was talking about him not you. but yea, people too. heh

2. Lovepup

Lovepup Pup

Re: My little boy is super skinny; But Can't increase food without upsetting his stom

huh? I don't eat yogurt. Bleck. If I buy it; its for the dogs. Its got probiotics in it that helps with their tummy.

3. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

do you shop at sams? there exceed is pretty good and affordable i used diamond for a long time but im thru fuckin with diamond im back to exceed now and probably forever. also once a week add a can of sardines and once a week a raw egg to there feed.

4. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

damn forgot bacon grease.

5. NGK

NGK Top Dog

1/4 cup ground beef
    1 cup oatmeal cooked
    1/2 cup dandilion greens cooked
    1/8 cup olive oil or lard
    1 cup high quality food

feed this mixture 3 times a day until desired weight is reached

continue feeding this mixture 2 times a day to maintain weight

slowly decrease the added items and increase the kibble back to normal amount

NGK

6. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Dog looks like he will get fine on his own feed a raw diet go get him a bag of legsand thighs and just let him have it give him one and see if he can have half another. . He dont look that bad at all yall are just used to fat dogs that dog really looks like a good raw diet and good wormer ever month. and stop trying to bulk him up he will look great in 3 months I promiss.

7. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

what is the dog like in general,, is its health ok. the way its holding its head in these pics makes it look ill.

8. Lovepup

Lovepup Pup

Have you ever seen a dog shy of the camera? He also isn't use to being positioned and posed.

Anyways he is healthy otherwise.

I also like some of the ideas and points listed. No I don't shop at Sam's, though once my husband starts this new job in August I will be able to. ^^ I also cannot start raw at this time; but I plan on switching ALL of the dogs to Raw eventually. I don't think a raw and kibble diet will hurt at all while I try and put weight on him.

9. Lovepup

Lovepup Pup

Where would you get Dandilion Greens at?

10. yerichoffpits

yerichoffpits Big Dog

ill would say geve him red mead and stumags 1 kl a day and this in combination with a small peas off the food he gets at this moment.

11. yerichoffpits

yerichoffpits Big Dog

also put some fish oil on his food

12. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Lovepup you can get all the dandilion greens you want out of my yard. lol

13. Lovepup

Lovepup Pup

LOL.... I would have them in my yard buy my husband mowed.

@yearich - He already takes fish oil tabs. But the red meat I was thinking about but don't know if I should right now.

14. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

Its probably the feed, he might be sensitive to an ingredient and can't digest/metabolize the nutrients.

15. Lovepup

Lovepup Pup

But would he be able to digest the food at a lower amount v.s a higher amount? I would think if it was stomach issues with the food this would have been happening the whole time.

16. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

I had one with some stomach issues, changed her feed, added some raw ingredients and it's made all the difference. You could spread the meals out if you have the time but if nothing changes, unless it's a parasite it's probably the feed.

17. Lovepup

Lovepup Pup

I've divided his meals out to 3 times a day; a total of 3 cups. And so far no side effects.

18. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

Then your on the right track

19. Lovepup

Lovepup Pup

Mmhm. When my husband gets paid Thursday I'm going to look for something to add to his food to help with his weight. As well as a different dog food that has more calories for how active he is. Snow is pretty active too so it shouldn't hurt her.

20. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

You can keep on screwing around with kibble and keep having isues with that dog or you can feed RAW and Everything will work it self out. That is the only thing you need to do. But by all meens the kibble co needs to make money so keep on puting shit down him and then your kible co can make money then your vet can make some money But it will make the Chickens happy.