1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My Neighbors!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by cemoreno, Jan 24, 2007.

1. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

My nieghbors about a block away just let their pit bulls run around in their front yard!!! I live in a suburb and the yards are pretty big, but still they could get run over or into a fight. These people are breeders cause they have from what I've seen 8 dogs total. They breed for all white dogs and the bitch they breed off of looks terrible. I was wondering if I should call someone the law in my city states that a resident may only have 4 dogs per residence. I have had some help but I would still like to ask you guys.

Thanks William for your advice for me yesterday I appriciate it.

2. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

I would say if they are not in your yard mind your own business. I know I would be pissed if someone called on me just because they could.

3. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Yea, I think that's whats happening to me right now if you have read all the threads.

4. I would say anyone who is that blatantly irresponsible with their dogs is my business.

It wouldn't be calling just 'cause they could. It's dangerous to have loose animals running around, not to mention DUMB.

I would try talking to the people first. Maybe get thier neighbors to talk to them. I'm sure there are a lot of people in the area who don't look kindly on pitbulls running loose in the nieghborhood.

If nothing is done about the situation, tell the people you're considering calling AC. If they still don't clean up their act, call.

5. try knocking on the door and talking nicely with them. if they are then unwilling to handle their dogs correctly i see NO problem involving AC. it sux to think one of us would be calling in on our own breed but would you rather call in about them running loose, or have someone else call in because they bit somebody or mauled somebody's pet. gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr moron owners make me mad!:mad: good luck getting the situation resolved.

6. My thoughts exactly.

All we need is more bad publicity.

7. Attila

Attila Guest

I am still sticking to what I said. About the same as BoogiemanBlood's comment.

I draw the limit of any ones pet ends at the boundry of my yard. Once it enters my yard I will capture the dog, cat or what ever if possible and if it shows the first sign of any type of aggression that sucker is shot. I see no reason for dogs or cats to be out of their own yards and not on a leash unless out in the woods hunting some dinner with their owner. I keep my dogs on the leash till the dinner is spotted. My Walker dog and Cur dog are the only ones running free till that point. They bay. My bull dogs catch and take dinner down. Unless it is a Cougar and then it isn't dinner for me at least. I am hungry so dinner is on my mind right now. lol Any way. Educate first then go from there. If they are too much of retards to learn then have some with a uniform come teach them. They have the legal right to breed I suppose but letting the dogs just run free isn't cool or acceptable to me. I sure don't want their parvo and worms in my yards. Don't want their rabies or them fighting my dogs either. I just as soon shoot a dog, cat or any other pet that enters my yard then to mess with it further. Isn't worth the risk to my dogs health to have strays or dirty animals in my yard contaminating it.

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I would suggest either taking it into your own hands, or lieving it alone. Do not call AC. Talk to them, if they dont listen, shoot the dogs, or, when they are in your yard, claim them. If one of my dogs got loose and someone called AC on me, it would be nothing nice!! I just simply do not believe in involving government about the dogs. ESPECIALLY about the dogs!! You say you dont want a write up in the paper, well, you call AC, what do you think the headlines will read? "Pitbull Fighting Ring Busted".

9. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I don't know if I'd do any dog-shooting in the suburbs. LOL! My neighbor's Saint Bernard was in my front yard today letting some little Benji-looking mutt ride her. One of my phone calls tomorrow is going to be to AC. Let them handle it, and that way I keep my hands clean while documenting the problems for future reference. I've seriously had it with loose dogs. The difference between them being loose in their own yard and being loose in yours is about 3-5 seconds.

10. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I live in the sticks, still have neighbors, but in the sticks, no leash law, nothing, but I dont like involving the gov. Course, I do live in Louisiana, so we are allowed to do things here that you cant do in other states.

11. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I'd be calling AC on them every day. If something ever happens you want to have it on record that they've been letting their dogs run loose. What if YOUR dog ends up in a scrap with theirs?

People letting Pitbulls (or any large or powerful dog) run loose need to be nailed to the wall, IMO. (unless of course its on their own large piece of land like a farm). But in a populated area and with no supervision............NOT cool at all.

12. 440rider

440rider Guest

you seem to know alot about these folks that live a block away by a few dogs in a yard. What's the limit of dogs you can own before you are labeled a breeder.... just curious? I say sniff around your own yard for a while and leave theirs to them!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2007
  13. Phebes

Phebes Guest

Call ac...don't talk to them first or they will know who called and if they don't obey the lease laws maybe they would break other laws to get even with you for calling. If they are breaking the law (lease law, no. of dogs etc.) call before someone is seriously hurt, maybe a child. If they don't care about the welfare of their dogs (letting them run loose) then they sure as he$$ don't care about some neighbor's childs welfare or anyone elses for that matter.

14. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

This is how I feel thank for your advise, and thank you to all of you for helping me out with this.

15. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I would definitely go have a talk with these people. Try and appeal to their love for the breed. Most of us who own these dogs truly do have a deep love and fascination for them. Remind them about the problems we face concerning BSL and our public image in general......and ask them respectfully if they really want to a part of the problem rather than being responsible enough to counter the negativity. If these folks are rational and at least half-way decent, they should understand and see the error of their ways and do what is needed to fix it. Just try not to be overly combative or condescending when speaking with them. I've been thru similar situations before, and after talking with people like this I came to find out they were basically newbies and needed some education.......and they turned out to be good people and are now much more responsible about their dogs. Offer your help in getting proper containment for the dogs, and in training them (both dogs and owners) if neccessary and you're confident in your abilities to do so. You never know, you could end up making new friends from the whole situation. If that fails and they're just ignorant fools.......then say something to the appropriate authorities, but only as a last resort.

16. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

I drive by thier house every day at least twice that's how i go to work. And at they always have at least two pit bulls in the front yard or niegbors yards. Plus when I was walking my sisters little dog I saw him out side with a litter of six pups and the mother to the pups. The mother looked terrible very skiny and over breed looking. I know how breeding bitches are supposed to look my grandmother bred show dogs my whole life. She was malnurished and very dirty. I know that they have at least three other dogs in the back cause their is a wire fence on one side of the house.

17. dog-man

dog-man Big Dog

IF its really getting out of hand with those loose dogs , I would cal Ac, and not tell the dog owners nothing, that way they will not know who called on them, you never know , what kind of people they are, you could go there to talk nicely and they cuss you out, tell you to mind your business, thats how problems/fights start and it would be worse in your case since you have to live near those people.

I live in Az,very, very close to the mountains and take my pitbull on jogs very often with me along the trails, you wouldnt imagine all the dogs i see loose, on the trails, there with their owners, but still no leash, I live by the mountains but this is far crom the country its still the city lol.

18. i have to respectfully disagree pp. big difference between one of your dogs being loose on a fluke and them letting theirs run free all the time. i mean i guess you could try to capture the dogs but then do what with them? if they are in the city shooting is out, so you go give them back and ask don't do it no more? like i said, i wouldn't dare involve AC as a first case but rather a last case scenerio. it really sux to have to pick the lesser of 2 evils, but if the dog mauls someone or somebody's pet the headlines sure wouldn't be pretty either. so speculation could lead us down tons of different paths.

19. Why dont you go over there and edicuate them on containment it would be the best Ideal. and if they dont listen to you you can try something els.

20. I have even went as far to buying collars and chins or even kennels to help my neighbors out.