1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My Neighbors!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by cemoreno, Jan 24, 2007.

1. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Go over and talk with them about it. See if they need some help on how to set up a good chain area. Maybe it's not that they dont care their dogs are out, it could just be that they dont know how to properly contain them. But then again, if that's the case, then they shouldnt have ANY dogs.

2. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

She said in her post that they are in THIER front yard. She didn't say they run the neighborhood. I still say mind your own business, How would you like if someone called on you just because they thought your dog shouldn't be allowed to run in it's own yard because of it's breed. If they wer running the neighborhood day and night and causeing problems then yes maybe call AC but the OP clearly stated that the people let the dogs run IN THIER OWN YARD.

3. running free in "IN THEIR OWN YARD"???? WTF so what's gonna keep them there when they decide to leave it chasing another dog??? instead of taking a single sentence out of my post maybe you could read the rest that said "as a last case scenerio" if you think bulldogs being loose in public is something you should "mind your own business" about, then maybe you should rethink the BSL situation we're all in. sure it's easy to sit and say leave them alone as long as the dogs don't do anything, but we all know the what if's.......or at least i thought we did.

4. simms

simms CH Dog

Well I doubt that she bred APBT. So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you dont know what your talking about. Esp when it comes to diagnosing health/medical issues.

You are doing nothing more than dramatising your situation!

Seems that you have every opprotunity to walk down the rd and speak with them. Who know's there might be somthin to be learned from both parties.

Verderben and laurajean like this.
  5. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Generally if you approach your neighbors in a friendly reasonable manner and discuss whatever your issues are in a conversational tone, it leads to friendly relations and they might actually do something about containing their dogs.
    Just calling AC leads to bad feelings.
    Good advice, Simms.
    I'd be worried about any breeds of dogs left loose in my neighbor's front yards. And would definitely first talk to the neighbors before I did anything like call AC. It would be different if the dogs were lunging and growling at passers-by. Often we only get half the story here on the forums.
    Good luck with the loose dogs and with dealing with it. I'd love to hear follow-up on this.