1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

MY STYLE OF PITBULL (Round 2)...LOL

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BloodPressure, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

What kind of dog is it?

2. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

100% Pit Bull Terrier
    A.D.B.A.
    75% Nevil's ( Colby/Tudur)
    25% Butcher boy BASED Cross ( eads back to Norrods/Bordreaux)

3. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

No shit! Your pulling my leg huh?

4. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

I've got some ocean front property in Arizona, from my front porch you can see the sea.

This song sound familiar? LOL

5. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Ill trade you.!!! I got some rare swamp land in florida I need to get rid of...Id rather have Catus in my yard than Cubans...

6. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

It's just hard for me to buy the whole 100% APBT tale. If it looks like a duck....;)

7. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

ohhhh i know the answer ahhh call it a DUCK am i right?

8. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

:D You get a gold star....(Applause)

9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I wouldnt say duck, hippo is more like it...hungry hungry hippo, he must have ate the most balls he sure is smiling like a winner...

10. Vix

Vix Pup

Jawbones....sorry lil late on my posting lol... Goodlooking dog you have there. Weight looks good to me!!

11. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I for one call me dog a pit or pit bull simply because saying "american pit bull terrier" or "APBT" everytime I refer to the breed is a bit tedious.
    Anyone that thinks having a pit bull makes them look tough is slow.... i f you want to look tough you should get a breed of dog that is actually dangerous to people, not one that loves them.

Lets see if get this... You have pit bulls. We do not. good so far?
    your dog and our dogs are from the same lines, spawned from the same dogs. no new blood added in. because your dogsa re rolled/ matched and bred for gameness, and our dogs are not they are a different breed? based on the breeding techniques and the goal of production we have AmStaffs and not APBTs.

Is that about right?

12. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

I love to argue as much as the next fella or fellaness but this thread is old and will never teach anyone anything. The Gamers have their standards and the rest have theirs, no one is going to change the mind of a gamer and thats that. Lets fight about something new and exciting

13. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

She Looks Ok A Little Chubby But Looks Nice

14. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

In regards to the weight issue

http://www.purina.ca/dogs/nutrition.asp?article=292

In regards to the dog itself-If the dogs parents were bred for working(gameness)then your dog is a Pit Bull.If they were bred for show then its a show dog(might as well be a Staff).
    Why do people breed APBT for show? They already seperated the breed and made Am Staffs(non working pit bulls)are they trying to start all over again?Breeding for anything but what the dog is intended for is to start a whole new breed.Re-name it something other than PIT BULL.
    Then again,I don't own pits, lol,their Northern Gaming Terriers,Honest;) We hunt moose and dear:)

15. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

i have both bred dogs mixes and non mixes and yeah you can tell the difference but as long as i love them its god for me.....and they are ideal weighted.

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Then you are telling people this "I own either an American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier, or American Bulldog. Figure it out yourself b/c I'm too lazy to tell you".

If you are not proud enough of your dog or willing to actually spend an extra 3 seconds to help the public understand that the term "pit bull" is just generic bullshit, then get a Rock. You know, like Rockwilder? And IMO, the only reason people say, "Hey man, check out my pit" or "It's a pit" is because people prefer the touch gangsta sound of "pit" over the respectable educated term "American Pit Bull Terrier". Laziness on ALL fronts is what's killing this breed.

Not necessarily, but then why are you people breeding if not to keep the AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER the AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER. It's people that breed for color, for "oh my dog's just sooo sweet", & for $$$$ (GET A JOB EVERYONE!!!!!) that are destroying the breed faster than the government ever hoped they could themselves.

17. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

miakoda- I am not tlaking about saying it... i am talking about typing it. I can appreciate your argument only because I didnt specify that point. I assume that we here are all on the same page and i wouldnt need to spell it out. but when joe blow on the street asks It is just common sense to take the time to educate them, especially since 90% of what they see and hear (especially in this area) is BYB garbage. So I am quite proud to announce the breed in its full glory... my fault for not stipulating that, but i thought we were talking about in regard to our posts here.

BTW- Dont assume that I am lazy, I go out of my way to learn as much as I can, and take every opertunity to share that knowledge with anyone that needs it, or that will listen. talking about this breed is my favorite passtime, i do it on a daily basis.
    My posts are typically long as hell, i try to cut corners whereever possible. I am long-winded, and its even worse in person, lol.

Here we wo with that you people stuff again. If by you people you mean, owners/ breeders that realize the pit bull has more potentail then to just be bred to fight. your right.
    if you mean people that recognize the full potential of the breed as a ambassador, as a family companion, as a service dog.. again you got me.

if you mean a person who has fallen madly in love with the APBT as the breed for what it can be and not what it was... thats me too. Not that I dont have a profound respect for the game bred dogs and dogmen... as I have said several times, where it not for the dedicated and strict breeding the traits that made the dog so good in the pit and so great in the home wouldnt be here. But the pit (matching) is gone... and the trait for gameness has no other applications.
    No activity (except fighting)... can be used to test and prove a dog game, right?
    Boar hunting and weight-pull dont last long enough, dont push the dog far enough, or provide the level of uphill struggle required to know if the dog is truely game.
    so then what is the purpose of breeding a dog strictly gfor fighting when fighting can t be done. Theoretically you cant even roll a dog legally, less known test one.

People like me- we believe that the APBT has many applications, it came from a fighting backgournd yes, its traits (temperment, build, eveything) are all because of that vocation. however, the breed is reknowned for its versatility...these dogs used for everything.. if a dog could do it, an APBT did it. I think that there are many facets to the breed today. there are the game dogs, there are the show dogs, there are the companion dogs. I feel like gamedog breed and show dog breeders think that thier facet is the only one with any real purpose, while the companion dog breeders openly give love and respect for all three. I love show dogs, I love game dogs... but neither is for me. I like my dogs with more fire then a show dog, but not as much as a game dog.

18. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I apologize then (that's why the internet thing can be tough sometimes). I'm on a short fuse when it comes to our dogs. Forgive what I said (although I'll leave it for those lurks around here). I'm sure you understand & I'm glad to have you standing beside us in the fight to keep our dogs.

19. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I completely understand.
    No hard feelings, may fault for not explaining it thouroughly.

20. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

"Not that I dont have a profound respect for the game bred dogs and dogmen... as I have said several times, where it not for the dedicated and strict breeding the traits that made the dog so good in the pit and so great in the home wouldnt be here. But the pit (matching) is gone... and the trait for gameness has no other applications.
    No activity (except fighting)... can be used to test and prove a dog game, right?
    Boar hunting and weight-pull dont last long enough, dont push the dog far enough, or provide the level of uphill struggle required to know if the dog is truely game.
    so then what is the purpose of breeding a dog strictly gfor fighting when fighting can t be done. Theoretically you cant even roll a dog legally, less known test one."
    A question that has yet been answered for me is how do you game test a dog these days?
    For those of you who find this question offensive if you would explain why it is offensive because I truly do not know. Honestly. No crap meant to be started, to me and prob a few others a good question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.