1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

need some advice

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by CRG, Nov 9, 2004.

1. CRG

CRG Top Dog

my house dog has these red blotchy spots around his privates,inside hind legs,and up his stomach. they are all different sizes and he constantly itches them. he has been on the same food for the last six months these just started showing up about a week ago.i am probally going to take him to the vet.just wondering if anybody has had this problem or what it could be an how i could treat it.

2. BDK

BDK oo7

try some benadryll pits are known for ahving allergy problems sounds like what you are experiancing

3. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

C ould be something in the house, have you started using different household cleaners,fresheners, or anything of that nature. It wouldnt hurt to call a vet and explain the problem to him, and see what he says

4. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

It sounds like an allergic reactions.....But I ain't no vet, you should call one....

5. wwonka812

wwonka812 Pup

sounds like a allergy to me also,good luck i have the same problem,have changed his diet with no results,changed cleaning supplies in house,no change,i've brought him to vet,he has told me to move out of florida and to alaska that would help,he said the allergies are bad in fl.,ive tried many many things,there are a few that help,one is as like some one already said,wash with head and sholders,the other is a spray made of a mix of one part water-one part baby oil-and one part listerine....exmp(4 oz water 4oz baby oil 4oz of listerine)spray the dog about twice a day. water and oil are moisterizers and listerine is a anticeptic,there are many things you can try...

6. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Most likely it is allergies from inadequate feed. What are you feeding? Most poor quality foods don’t have a consistent blend of feed from bag to bag. Also make sure your dog does not have any fleas on him.

7. wwonka812

wwonka812 Pup

ive personaly tried pro plan sensitive skin&stomach,pro plan lamb&rice,iams large breed,old roy(worth a shot),diamond-chicken soup for the puppy lovers soul.to no avail

8. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

How long did you feed each of these kibbles? It will take at least a couple of months for all the junk food to rid the dogs body and you start seeing a difference (will depend on the dogs age). Chicken Soup was the only premium feed that you tried, and the Ol'Roy was going backwards.

9. wwonka812

wwonka812 Pup

all were for a few monthes.(the only reason for old roy was the person we got him from was feeding him the garbage(ol roy)and he was fine ....granted he was a pup then but we said he it was worth a try....i found the chicken soup diet on here so we have been feeding him that for a few weeks now....we are willing to try anything.....im hoping this food helps....