1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

need some advice

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by cope8870, Dec 26, 2007.

1. cope8870

cope8870 Pup

Im having some trouble with my apbt. In my we have a total of 4 dogs. (2 year old male dane mastiff mix-1 year old female english bulldog-1 year old female apbt- and a two year old english bulldog male. The problem I'm having is the apbt is attacking the male bulldog. She's not attacking any of the other one. does anyone have any suggestions.

2. Michele

Michele Guest

Crate and rotate:) Do not leave them unsupervised.

3. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Keep them apart at all times or get rid of the APBT, this is the obvious answer or you'll eventually have a blood bath to deal with.

and expect your APBT to most likely wreck your other dogs at some point in time as well when you havent listened to the advice

good luck

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

good advice...i suggest you take it

5. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

While u are away from the house keep the apbt in a separate room and crated. If u keep it crated in the same room the dog might flip out and try to rip through the crate. Now another suggestion is if u can put the dog in a enclosed kennel outside away from the other dogs.

Now while u are at home u can practice a lot of obedience training with all the dogs to show them that u are the leader of the house and the alpha of the "pack". Be warned that might not work with the apbt because of the high dog aggression, so u might have to keep him seperate for good

6. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

listen to what all these folks have said.

never leave them unattended.

we have a 16 mo. old female apbt. she grew up with our 5 yr old jrt, but around a year old after her heat, playtime was over. the way she was ragin after him when she got worked up after he started shakin on her neck (they were just wrestling at the time, supervised by me and the wife), we knew no more play time together without BOTH of us there.

it was fun enough tryin to get a handle on her goin after the jrt, not to mention the time my wife had wranglin the jrt. make sure you have a good grip if you're tryin to get them apart.......my apbt just start thrashin around, rolling, lunging, shaking if i have her collar, tryin to get at whatever she wants.

again, take the advice given, or you'll be scrubbin blood off your hallway walls and chances are you'll lose one or more dogs if a fight breaks out.

be responsible, crate and rotate, and no time with more than one dog under CLOSE supervision.

like i said, there were two of us when we almost had an accident on our hands. i can't imagine tryin to get two apart by myself if they were worked up.

use the searh at the top of the page, there's a couple good threads about ppl's reccomendations on gettin control of two dogs if you're by yourself.

again listen to the advice given; like MT said, if you can't handle an apbt, be responsible and get rid of it (read: don't "get rid" of the dog, it's your responsibiltiy and if you can't handle it, have it pts). don't want to end up another statistic or on the news.

7. bakergary

bakergary Pup

Please listen to the advice to crate and rotate. Make sure you keep the crate in a separate room. They will get out of them. I have a 1 1/2 old female that I have been keeping inside for some of the same reasons and when I am not home she goes in a crate just to keep her from messing up the house. There have 2 days I have got home and she has been on the couch waiting for me. I was using a wire crate and she has bitten through some the wires and ones she didn't bite through she stretched so she could squeeze out and you would be suprised how small of a whole they can get through.

I have been around apbt's for a while but she is first one I have personally owned and been around day in and day out. Trust me I am making a lot of mistakes but the guys on here are really knowledgeable and helpful if you will just take their advise.

8. cope8870

cope8870 Pup

well all my dogs are crated expect of the dane mix he is to big. my e. bullys are in one room the apbt is in another room in crate. we do the rotate the bullys outside the dane and the apbt in. if they all inside i use a muzzle on her. the only dog she is agressive to is the male e. bully.

9. cope8870

cope8870 Pup

another thing is she attacks him never out side or in another room. its only when the male e bull comes close to me.

10. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

My advice is to worry about the bulldogs quality of life... not the APBTs so to say right now. Also to add to my advice I would suggest you research the possibilities of what "may" happen before putting several dogs into a living situation and just finding out on a whim before you have any clue what could. That was the first mistake... and not only was it irresponsible... to say the least... to you it was just a source of stress and it was totally unfair to all the dogs in the family....., the second is the bulldog not being safe and cared for in an environment where it strives.... and the third is putting the bulldog in a place where it could possibly get hurt seriously at any given moment.... how many strikes will it take until you cant handle the situation anymore? Id get rid of all but one.... so focus is a possibility... because with all of them its immpossible to give proper care without the right experiance and its unfair to all and ridiculously dangerous.

11. ladybanker462

ladybanker462 Big Dog

the best advice has been given in every post the only other thing i can say is if the dog only does this when the other dog is around sounds like jealousy not good good luck and please take this good advice everyone has given you

12. crawfish407

crawfish407 Banned

I have always said, and still do, APBT's are some of the most jealous dogs on earth. I have to keep Haun in a crate when unsupervised because he doesn't play well with others so I know where you are commimg from. I would keep them seperated, not just by kennel either. I have had two metal crates torn to pieces. They are more of a suggestion than an actual barrier. If the dog really wants out it will get out. I have also had my share of bedroom doors chewed thru, and a wall once. Also, if you are going to keep them both I would strongly advise you to get a break stick, keep it handy at all times and learn to use it properly. Sooner or later they are gonna tie into each other and its nothing pretty.