1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New 2 site, but not a Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NYSTATEOFMIND, Apr 2, 2015.

1. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

Hello all. just a short intro about myself. I had pits in the late 80's and early 90's.
    I was good friends with Al Stebor if any of you knew him. G.S.P.B.C. I have a few of his
    drawings still. I have pics of him with that dog outta Ch Torro .
    Long story short. I got divorced. wife took 1/2 the dogs, i got 1/2. Got a new wife who was into "working" dogs..ie. GSD. Dobes Mals. Like Sam Jackson said in Pulp fiction," my wife is a vegetarian, so that basically makes me a Fuckin' vegetarian." But I do love me a tasty Burger" I bought some real expensive GSD and Dobes and joined a working K-9 club. Had a blast doing Man tracking, bomb detection KNPV style, Bite work and OB.
    Club fell apart, friends and decoys moved away, Bla bla. Missed having a Pit so Just got a lil pupper. Broke out the Stratton books and welcomed myself back where I belong.

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Welcome to Game-Dog and back to the breed.

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Welcome to the site.

4. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

welcome HOME...

5. Piggles

Piggles Pup

Where in southern NY are you? I grew up there but am now in central NY

6. MajorPain

MajorPain Big Dog

Hello and welcome

7. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

Very close to the Onion fields, and drive-in Movie

8. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I remember Al Stebor. Talked with him at the G.S.P.B.C. show. He had 2 little white pups for sale that day. Welcome to game-dog.

9. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

His Ch toro dog Jo Jo Willie was all white. maybe those pups were outta him? What a nice guy.

10. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Yes, that could be who they were off of. I think all he had was black/white dogs. Do you know the ped of Jo Jo Willie?

11. bwell

bwell Pup

Hello and welcome!

12. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

All i can remember is him telling me that the president of the garden state PBC gave him Jo jo as a gift. He said the sire was a dog named Champion Toro. All peds were paper back then no internet. I forget who toro was out of. He also had a Red dog outta MLP. Anyone remember them. Magic line pits? Are they still around? He had a small house and always had to keep one dog in a crate at all times. It was a pain for him and his wife since they were elderly.

13. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I looked up Jo Jo Willie and Ch Toro on peds online but I didnt find anything. Yeah I remember MLP. They advertised in The Scratch Line Magazine back in the mid 1980's. Haven't seen them around since then.