1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

new borns

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by vellie, Jan 3, 2011.

1. vellie

vellie Big Dog

she is young abuot two or so,i did not breed her.help upstate kennels and prodigy make this breeding.was wondering if her mom was rough would that make her rough also.my bro said he want to breed her again but not me.i want to get her of my yard.i'm breeding deva to jack when she come in heat.the breeding is posted furture up in this thread.check her out.i put a pic on the peds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  2. vellie

vellie Big Dog

well,uno is gone dead.R.I.P.

3. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Breed her again it was her first she will be a better dam next time

4. vellie

vellie Big Dog

BRO she might get breed but she might get used.i'm moving her to another yard.i was trying to replace my two brood females i lost last year by breeding young dogs to fill that spot.she it not in my eyes a brood mother.got to be able to breed and raise my own dogs,they still might not turn out to be good one;but i will know the dogs very well.give or take one or two or three out a litter.i got two breeding i'm working on petey/petete and jack/deva these two female i breed and know,time will tell if they will become brood mother.we got block dog at this age,did not know her very well.

5. garywhite

garywhite Pup

sorry bro.

6. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

Sorry to hear that man. That's always a tough situation to deal with.. and even more difficult deciding what to do with her now.

7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

man she is a young bitch . i would breed her the next time she came in . if i wanted something off her . there's all kind of reseans why she ate them . you can feed her all the way up until she gives birth . and always have food for anyones bitch as soon as she's finished . could of been nerves , noise from other dogs , did'nt know what they were .

8. Congoman

Congoman Big Dog

There are factors to female acting like this.

1. She may not be comfortable with you.
    2. You may have touched the pups to early.
    3. You need to remember what type of dog you're breeding to. Really intense females sometimes have trouble for a couple of litters. Then they settle in.
    4. Also who all is around this female after she's had the pups. Only one person needs to be checking on the pups and no handling of the pups just count heads and make sure they are intact.
    5. Make sure she's in as quiet a place as you can. Say don't put an intense dog in front of the brood pen.

Hope this helps..........

9. old goat

old goat CH Dog

my dogs have alway let me touch her pups from the first day . i hard crazy bitches what were the best mothers . it's usally there real hungry . most people think well she's having pups tonight and lets don't feed her that much . until she give birth . the best thing to do is 2 weeks before she has them give her people food mixed with alittle dry food .and feed them people 2 weeks after birth with people food . what ever your eating will be fine . and 1 of my crazy bitches ate her first litter . she did'nt know what they were . the next 2 she raise 20 pups .

10. Congoman

Congoman Big Dog

My females let me touch the pups if I want the first day but I don't do it. I feel it's pointless.

11. AGame

AGame CH Dog

it is pointless i check to see if they are ok and what gender after that they don't get touched for a week or 2 and at 4 weeks they are usually eating wet puppy food i have only had one so far that wouldn't raise a litter and she was a crazy bitch anyway LOL

12. Ricky1969

Ricky1969 Big Dog

I had problem with the moma pulling on the cord and pulling out the Gutts and killing the pups this may seem wrong but its working for me and I aint lost a pup yet , now when the pup drops I get the pup and break open the sack and hold the cord and cutt the cord wipe off the pup and then put it back with the moma and if she bites it harder than she should just let her know what she needs to do after the first pup or two she might get the hang of it , but it might not work with your Bitch

13. vellie

vellie Big Dog

thanks for ya'll support,we might breed her again.me,myself i don't want the headache.it is a good breeding;although i still want to get her off my yard.

14. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

vellie post pics!

15. vellie

vellie Big Dog

do you want to see her?i'll put a pic with her peds in a few.

16. heavyhemi

heavyhemi Pup

had very similar experience but the bitch became a man biter after puppies were born and about 3 weeks old so i gave her to a old dogman and she is retired on a farm chasing deer some are not cut out for mother hood

17. vellie

vellie Big Dog

that is so true

18. vellie

vellie Big Dog