1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New Proposed Photo Contest Direction

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mydawgs, Apr 10, 2007.

1. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

LMFAO!!!! That is great! Look at his face "Aww, Mom! Please leave me alooone!" Too funny! I think we have a winner!

2. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

Just as long as I can create 15 different new screen names to vote for my friends pet bulls I am 100% ok with these new rules. Oh yeah, and we are all ready to vote now! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2007
  3. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Wow. In my opinion, this has been taken out of context and it has now become a way to mock those that feel that this site should focus on the game-type dog.

You may like your pet bulls and there is nothing wrong with that. However, mocking those that feel that the game-dog should stay a priority on the site is not the way to show that your pet bulls are great.

1 person likes this.
  4. clutch billups

clutch billups Big Dog

im not sure where to start ive been laughing since page one wow great thread tooo funny those pics were great i cant say enough about how it makes me feel when i see good dog owners hanging with there good dogs great stuff guys ...

and for those that oppose this thread for what ever reason well id say look at it like some water for a fire that was heating up i think everyone needed a good laugh.... JMHO

5. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Bare in mind these are pictures I have solely on my imageshack and photobucket accounts! Caesar's pictures total in the thousands.

Seriously, what dog lets you put a hat and sunglasses on it? Only a PET BULL.
    [​IMG]

He didn't participate in Halloween that year..
    But you can bet I dressed him as a fireman the next!
    [​IMG]

Poses for cute, set up cheap styled wannabe Picture People photos.
    [​IMG]

RAT HUNTING? With my sister's boyfriend. Peeettttt buuuulllllll.
    [​IMG]

Lets me draw cute little hearts on his face.
    [​IMG]

Smiles like a girl!
    [​IMG]

Loves opening Christmas gifts.
    [​IMG]

Ghetto? No way!
    [​IMG]

His best friend is a Chihuahua. 'Nuff said.
    [​IMG]

6. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

I hope he's listening to Richard Simmons in the pic with his head phones on

Obese

Extremely fat; grossly overweight.

7. Big Rod

Big Rod Big Dog

No need to poke fun of his pet. It looks well taken care of and extremely loved. Cant hate on that.

8. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Loved, yes. Well taken care of, No. The dog is severley overweight which will lead to health problems and possible shorter life span

9. Big Rod

Big Rod Big Dog

Yes, you are correct. But would it be more of a outrage if he was under weight or over weight?

10. come on tommy they are just having a little fun.

11. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Tommy, I can appreciate what you're saying, but the UKC/petbull/show-bred hating is entirely too frequent. Making the gamedog a priority is fine. But who's to say which dog is game? Is yours? Is mine? Is Ali more game than Cutty? Is it because of how he's bred? Is the only way to find out a felony all across the country? If my next dog is half-gamebred and half "show bred," does that make him only half worthless? I can't believe how stupid this entire arguement is.

I see precious little gamedog-hating. What I see is generally the reverse, and its engineered to make people like me feel like crap because no matter what good I may do for the breed, I'll always be reminded that my dog isn't gamebred. Therefore making me a 2nd-class citizen that should "know my place." There is a small faction of people who always feel the need to play that card and encourage the division between us forum members who generally get along. Its unnecessary and harmful, IMO.

12. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

As I posted originally I'm sorry if I offended, but this is no mock on and game dog or game bred dog (like mine). It is to point out the ridiculessness (such a word????) of folks taking their line in the sand to a FOR FUN PHOTO CONTEST. The line is long and wide for breeding and any other criteria that keeps this breed true to form, and we should stand as one community to see that happens. Legacy doggers and their practices have proven to work so far....don't fix it if it ain't broke, but don't turn those away that would be your allies because of a title - in a fight that is being lost every day....your dang right I LUV my pet bull, but I respect this breed and those that keep them true. The game-dog will ALWAYS be a priority on this site..as it should. But this thread is still funny....heheheheh

13. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

i agree with tommy3.

what about the folks here who do want to learn about game-bred dogs?

since i've joined, albeit only several months ago, there are some posters who just lurk now and don't say anything out of fear of hurting some panty-waist's feelings. and they are the ones with the wealth of knowledge about true APBTs. if the focus shifts away from their heritage and preservig that, in no time this'll be another "dog" forum where every tome dick and jane comes to ask about their pet, whatever kind of dog it is.

it's game-dog.com, a pit bull community. now, like said above, there's more hating going on towards pet bulls or whatever you call it, but the folks who voice their opinion and try to make suggestions to about contest rules, someone else's dog, uneducated folks tryin to act educated, they are the ones who get mocked, hated on, bashed, told to keep their opinions to themselves, etc.

if everyone is so adamant about mockin jeeperino and his suggestion to keep the photo contest to males/females who fit the STANDARD, and you so quickly post plenty of pictures of over weight, under fit animals (but yes, some of them are cute :P ), then why aren't they being moved to the pet category, if they realize they should be entered there instead of in the male/female contest to begin with?

14. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Or why not use your vote to show your disapproval.......and by the way the folks that now "run" the photo contest do so as volenteers......it takes time to MOVE pictures and manage this contest, why do you want to burden them with a task that the community can fix with their vote. FYI another thing I notice in all of this Pet Bull / Pit Bull debating....the deafening silence of "those in the know"....why do you suppose? My money is on the fact that they are tooooooooo busy taken care of business to worry about a photo contest, but let someone come on hear and post " Well I have this pet bull, don't know his ped, but gosh I just love him sooooo much we decided to breed him...Oh BTW can you folks give me a hand?" Watch the attention that gets by those that at least I respect as experts...why, because breeding is worth worrying about...........

15. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

My suggestion thread wasnt meant to draw a line between members. It was a suggestion to the general public that I had and I wanted to know what other members thought.

Without getting personal (posting actual pics of members dogs) it is hard to give examples of who I am talking about. So I have to make general non-personal statements.

I think it all boils down to respect. Respect for the breed, the site, and the contest. Even tho it is a fun contest, it still represents our community to guests and us. Im just asking that it be taken a lil more serious.

FYI I think dressing dogs up in costumes is demeaning and isnt cute in any way.

16. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

i know they don't care about photo contests.

but when they try and tell anyone how they feel/what they've learned form their experiences with this breed, they get told it's too harsh or to be nice, or whatever. and it usually is not about a photo contest, it's about someone's mutt or a stupid question.

i'm sure they get annoyed with idiot questions (YES, there is such a thing as a stupid question, contrary to what anyone else might think).

but these idiots and people who's feelings get hurt make it more and more difficult for those of us who have serious inquiries about the breed, it's past, etc. to get a reliable answer. yes, they're toooooooooooo busy takin care of business, but there's more than one knowledgeable dog person on this board that does take the time to help those who ask. what good is what you do if you can't share your mistakes and lessons learned, or help someone else interested in the same things?

yes, i put my vote where it should have gone. i do when i remember to check out the photo contest forum every once in a while.

and if it's volunteers that do it, and they're sooo over-worked, why not ask for more volunteers? anyone can copy and paste, and that's all it'd take to remove out-of-standard dogs from the photo contest and place them in the appropriate category.

but, not everyone would know which dogs didn't fit the standard. then we'd get to arguing if you wanted to go by ukc, akc, adba, aadr, or whatever.

17. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Another interesting point, as there is more clash between the PB and Pet Bull / Bully folks that tells me that Marty and Shon are achieving a very important objective, this site is reaching more and more of the general public. As they do those folks are being exposed to the APBT expertise offered here by the elite members in this APBT community......communication is occuring, learning is going on, a community is starting to become integrated as each member sees and understands the other memebers point of view......slowly we are becoming a strong integrated force to be reckoned with......old knowledge and new knowledge coming together to fight our enemies.....what is bad about that. At least we have all learned from this post what a pet bull is....so you will know not to vote for them in the photo contest!

1 person likes this.
  18. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Right. But what about respect for each other? And that includes respect for the dog that wins, even if he isn't bred how you would prefer. He wasn't a lowrider bluff, nor is he even a UKC competitor but an ADBA competitor. Speed's dogs have won a lot. He won Male in February, January, Female in March, February, January. Cutty one once, and you didn't like that, and felt the need to say so. That is still kicking me in the brain hard.

We generally have a cohesive community here. And that must drive people nuts because every so often some mouthpiece (not saying you) has to come on and say "Now all you little petbullers, rememeber this. You're welcome here, but don't get too comfortable. This is still our board, for us. Recognize. Now get your asses back in the back of the bus."

This is stupid, stupid, stupid. This whole thing. We might as well start checking pedigrees at the door, and everybody without a few xW's back there stay out. I'll be the first one to go because I'm tired of sitting by and listening to people label each other and their dogs. I can't stand that bigoted crap. Its micro-managing. Since the photo contest is such a big deal, I'm out. I refuse to meekly enter strictly in the Pet of the Month portion and get that token nod. If the dogs on this board can't be judged equally, if my dog needs to enter some sort of special classes because of how she's bred, I want no part of that. Not even when I get a gamebred dog and am condescendingly given permission to enter him in the contest.

Like it or not, whenever you attempt to seperate "this is a petbull UKC 'PR' show-bred crap dog," and "this one must be the real deal," you're drawing a line. I'm a broken record, but I'll say it again. The only line that needs to be drawn is between the responsible and irresponsible people. If you prefer Jeep dogs and I prefer Matrix, what the hell difference does it make? We are all equals. If it weren't for the breed, we wouldn't even be here having this discussion.

PeTA is loving this. "Look at those Pit Bull people fighting each other. So much the better for us."

MoEttaWinnyMOM likes this.
  19. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

So much so, if I were the suspicious type I might think those "mouthpeices" are PeTA moles....hmmmmm JK, but so true our enemies love the divide and conquer strategy......helllloooooooooooo

Baha don't you dare CUR out on these contests, put it to the community and they will tell you what they like and don't like, there is nothing disrespectful about that to this site, the community or the breed.....

20. puregame

puregame Big Dog

LMAO!!! Wow that was too funny. Had me going for a minute.

puregame