1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New to Patterdale terriers

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by elviejon01, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Hi yall,

Whats a good place to get general information on Patterdales (bloodlines, breeders, general breed characteristics etc). I would like to become more knowledgeable on this breed with the hopes of some day aquiring some working stock.

2. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

...the PATTERDALE terrier STANDARDS...

before you own one start by understanding them and true terriers...

Terrierman.com - Working Terriers

read all you can,,, this man has yet to not find luck with disragarded jack russel terriers,,,
    as many get terriers with little understanding of them and cant keep up with the these little workers needs,,,
    if your looking for a hunting companion,,, adoption is a great idea to use these dogs sas atended...

Terrierman's Daily Dose

If you admire a patterdale in its purity from working types as I do,,, find someone in your are and go dig with them,,, ask them where they got their dogs or if they would be breeding the ones you witness,,,
    and if so,,, maybe your digging ability and personality will get you where and what your looking for...

IF you are looking for what happens when you breed for breed alone and not type,,,
    go to a patterdale confirmation show,,, some hunt but very little...
    and to me it only takes a generation or two to loose the traits that are admired,,, so choose wisley...

sometimes you might have to travel to find what you are looking for as there isnt any local,,,
    besides that you might give a general area description of where you are looking...

3. Stratman

Stratman Big Dog