1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

NJ Meet up PICTURE HEAVY...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by maryellen1, Sep 9, 2007.

1. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

The weather was HOT... humid... but we all had a great time..
    All the dogs behaved wonderfully.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the DRUNK duck... this duck was swaying, bobbing, and acting drunk...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2007
  2. look i'm not trying to rain on your parade, but i never saw more junk hardware/leashes/collars in my life. you should educate these people and send them to someone who can fix them up with a quality lead and collar to avoid accidents. i'm sure you will say,,,,we didn't have any accidents, but that's not the point.

also.....to the dumbasses who are facing the dogs off nose to nose they should have thier asses kicked and been asked to leave. looks to me like it was nothing more than a bunch of people who have no business owning any type of "pit bull" much less gathering them all together in the same place.

sorry, i know you were trying to do good here. please look at this way...i am too. it's obvious people have alot to learn in these pics.

MinorThreat and (deleted member) like this.
  3. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

so which collars and leads dont you like? i didnt see anything wrong with anyones collars or leads. how does that make any of the people who showed up irresponsible?

i personally feel that rufus' collar and lead were fine...(dark brindle with disco collar on)

what type of collars and leads would you say would be better?

and the nose to nose picture? what about that makes them irresponsible owners ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  4. hey theres Angus!!! :p

5. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

yep shady, thats angus!!

6. ok look into some nice nylon collars from stillwater or bulldog supply. something that has GOOD hardware on them. leashes that have GOOD bullsnaps, not that crappy stuff like you buy at petco or walmart. it is just not sturdy enough and will break under enough stress believe it or not. just because it's metal don't be fooled into thinking it's strong enough.

as far as the facing off of the dogs, you don't find that irresponsible? look at the posture of the one on the left. that was flirting with disaster if i ever saw it. you were in a public place facing off bulldogs. the chance of one of them deciding to engage the other dog was very high. now i realize that did not happen, but in my opinion these people were putting their dogs in terrible situations. if a fight had broke out did anyone there have the knowledg of what to do?

like i said i'm not trying to rain on your parade. with the heat on our breed now like it is we need to be more responsible than ever, and in my eyes that was not.

the hardware can obviously be a thing people don't know until it's too late and they have an actual failure. it's best to get something good before it happens.

thanks for not taking it the wrong way and responding like an adult.

edit: i agree the brindle dog does have a good colar/leash set up. more what i was referring to are the el cheapo harnesses and the nylon leads with the tiny swivels. these are for walking poodles not pit bulls......of course IMO. not that everyone has to agree. i just can't stand to read another headline about another accident.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  7. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

rufus' lead and collar i make sure are tough enough for him. his stuff is always top notch..

as far as facing off nose to nose, i agree it is not the way to do it.. however, they were not my dogs so i have no say in what the owners do or did. i never once said it was right. dont worry, i am not offended by what you posted.. you didnt post anything bad as far as i am concerned, i i do however agree that a nylon harness with plastic buckles is not good enough for a pitbull, neither are nylon collars with plastic buckles either.

BoogiemanBlood likes this.
  8. Marty

Marty Guest

I had a guy stop by the house today wanting to breed to one of my females lol

He had the plastic buckles on his collar first thing I did was give him a collar ;)

And yes I'm with boogie on this one all it takes is one mishap and all the good you are doing goes down the drain ;)

9. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

i didnt plan this meet, another member on another forum did, i just helped by crossposting.

i hate buckle plastic collars.. they stink..

i also dont like collars that are not tight around the dogs necks either. that is a pet peeve of mine. i feel the collars should not have any slack in them or just a slight bit..

10. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

{GASP} What a PERVERT!!! :D

...just a moment of levity from dear old me...

11. Marty

Marty Guest

With his 1 year old male my dear ;)

12. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I know I know I was being silly...gorsh. Just cause I'm a blonde...:p

13. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

Sheesh BB - settle down! You know, some people know their dogs. Mary Ellen could probably walk Rufus on a piece of yarn and not have a problem.
    We had a similar meet up in our area today and here is one of mine on "gasp" a flexi:
    [​IMG]

The details you can't see in the picture - she is 11 years and 3 months old, obedience trained with a rock solid recall. I can send her on a rabbit AND call her off midstride.
    Some of the best fighting dogs in history knew when it was time to fight and outside of the [ ] were friendly with other animals.

I don't know about the other people there today, but we had breaking sticks.

14. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

chances are when those "best fighting dogs in history" were brought in public they werent wearing pet store junk gear either.

theirs a good reason why gear has been specifically designed for our breed and its amatuer not to own it and use it

15. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

one more inch..or if that orange collar broke..marryellen please explain to me what is the procedure if the dogs got into a fight..what would you do?how do you get two dogs off each other?humor me..even though i know yours dogs are great and wont harm a flea..what if a stray dog or someone walking an untrained dog and it gets loose and gets hold of your dog

16. Nice pics! Im sure you all know how to handle a breakingstick. Buy only the best and strongest hardware for this kind of dogs, they are much stronger then they look. I think it was a fine ,sunny day and some bad Pitdogs played with each other.... [​IMG]

17. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

Dtwo, i LOVE your dog.. she is BEAUTIFUL...

i brought a breakstick in my bag at the walk, along with a first aid kit just in case.. i always have a breakstick with me..

the owner of the dog on the left (angus) knows how to break up a fight, and so do i. my husband was with us as well as other hubbies there, so if something had happened he would have taken rufus while i helped break up a fight if it had happened.

lockjaw, the other 2 dogs were not mine.. mine was the dark brown brindle with the disco collar on.

i really think that if those have an issue with the way the other 2 met, please take it up with their owners as they can explain better then i can.

i for the most part didnt let rufus meet any dogs at the start, he did meet angus and orion and the little fluffy Pebbles, but i wouldnt let him meet the other 2 dogs.

and for the record, this dog that met us there who's owner wanted to know what the other dogs was like tried to go after angus when they met up with us, and her boston was also not very well behaved either... i think angus's mom can agree with me on this, the 2 dogs were so not well behaved, and their owner had a hard time controlling both dogs. while her dog was lunging and growling at our dogs, NONE of our dogs even reacted to them and we all kept our distance from these two dogs

[​IMG]

18. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

showing the good of the pitbull being social with other dogs. let the good times keep rolling

19. maryellen, i am glad you have educated yourself on proper reaction to an accident. also good job on good hardware for you. with that said the above statement only re-enforces my original stance on good leashes, good collars, and good leads, and proper education.

the people posting are posting to you since you were the one who made the thread, and posted the pics. you should realize that. they are concerned APBT owners who see a problem with what was going on in certain pics there. ;)

20. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

i understand BB since i was the one who posted the pictures:) dont worry, i dont take offense to anything that was said:)