1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Nutrition and other tips in conditioning.

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by D Game Butcher, Jun 28, 2010.

1. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

I had a guy tell me if I could ever get my hands on it to use horse meat in conditioning, and only let them drink distilled or water that has been boiled. was wondering if yall ever heard about horse meat, and if you have any other tips youd care to share?

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

horse meat is a good protein source....not sure hwere to get it but i think there was a post on here sometime back listing the advantages....i have known people to use distilled water, boil it, etc,,,etc,, i could not tell you the difference in one vs. the other....also knew someone who fills 4 or 5 five gallon buckets with well water and lays a screen wire over them, lets them sit there for a day or two...called it sun-cured...sometimes if you think it works, it works (for you, LOL)...US1

3. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

horsemeat? what are you going to do, go buy a horse and butcher it?
    the hsus has made horse slaughter illegal in the usa. there is nowhere to buy the meat.

4. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
  5. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

Damn bro is it that good? I dont know if im up for the slaughter, but next time you get some hit me up, n ship some my way.:D

6. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

7. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

thats some bullshit, what makes horses better than cows?

8. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

they say horse meat is leaner and has a high protein content.itell you what on the way to work today isaw 2 big does on the side of the road.when winter comes if i see some fresh road kill i am going to get it for my dogs.

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i heard horsemeat was the best but im not goin to jail when there is plenty of chicken and fish available lol
    JELET i seriously hope u are joking

10. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Horse meat is a good source of protein, but the best source of protein for conditioning would be chicken, since chicken has less fat and calories than beef, pork, and horse meat. Chicken also has protein levels that are higher than beef, pork, and horse per oz if you can get organic cage free chickens that are not fed grains and corn.

As for the water, there is an advantage in that you have lesser chance for your dog getting parasites from boiled water or bottled than giving regular water from the tap, but nowadays, most tap water in the US is quite clean, especially in cities.

To be honest, it doesn't matter what you feed. You can feed raw, you can feed kibble, etc. Just manage the dog's calorie intake and put in the work and you'll have a dog in great shape within a short period of time.

11. fish is buy far the leanest meat u can get , go chicken and fish , u dont need anything other than that as far as the meat gos. i read some crazy shit on this site.

12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

i was talking on the legality on slaughtering. haven't really heard of horse meat being great for nutrition. Beef liver is good to use though.

13. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i read about an old dogman using horsemeat and its killing me that i cant remember who it was...

14. OutInCA

OutInCA Pup

15. OutInCA

OutInCA Pup

What about bear? :eek: Its very lean.

16. MinuteMan1979

MinuteMan1979 Big Dog

Naus:

It has nothing to do with the animals and EVERYTHING to do with the people who own them. Lot's of $$$ in horses. Afluent people like to keep them, and find it WRONG that someone would eat the animal they "love"...

Same as eating cats, why the F can't I? or dogs for that matter? some people decided that "pets" are not allowed to be eaten...:confused:

17. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

i heard if you feed them horse meat with gunpowder as pups they with be game in three months.

Jelet, did you get that package of Mr Ed i sent you?

18. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

What about supplements, is there anything you would recomend to aid or give the dog a boost in its training, if so what does it help with, and how are you dosing.

19. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

dont be silly,:eek: everyone knows that cows have no souls, same as sheep, thats why its ok for us to eat them.:)

20. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

Junk yard I dont know if your serious because ive heard things about feeding gunpowder, but there is no way Id do that to my dogs, I heard it just gives them a stomach ache and makes em have a bad attitude.