1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Nutrition and other tips in conditioning.

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by D Game Butcher, Jun 28, 2010.

1. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

up until a couple of years ago most horses, even pets and racehorses worth big $$$ went to the kill plant when the horse had outlived its usefulness. at every auction there were always buyers bidding on horses for the meat and they would buy more horses than anyone else.
    now all horse slaughter plants are closed in the usa and it is illegal to ship a horse across borders for slaughter. the hsus stopped horse slaughter just like they stopped chicken fighting. their next target is hunting, dogracing and horseracing. dogracing is just about done, horseracing is in real trouble and can't support itself anymore without proceeds from gambling and fewer people hunt every year. I predict all 3 will be history in the next 10 or 20 years. after those are outlawed all animal agriculture will be next, they will force everyone to be vegetarian.

2. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Shittin me... they might try but that don't mean they'll succeed... at least with me.

3. MCS

MCS CH Dog

What about Bison, Elk, Deer, Moose? I thought that stuff was supposed to be lean, and it is readily available.

I read an article in the St. Pete times about these health food nuts, all they eat is deer they hunt because it is so lean, why won't that shit work for dogs?......Cow and chicken are fatty, fed hormones and crap.

4. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

what makes you think lean meat is better for a dog?

5. MCS

MCS CH Dog

well isn't that why they were talking about using horse meat? Or did I miss something, I very well could have.

6. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

if you feed deer meat be sure your adding some oils or something to up the fat ratio venison is VERY lean.

7. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Ok, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

I personally don't feed raw. an antler, or leg as a something to chew on is what she gets.