1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Nylon Collar vs Seatbelt Collars

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by act284, Nov 20, 2012.

1. act284

act284 Big Dog

Which do you guys prefer?

Which is stronger?

Which holds up better against the elements and general wear and tear?

Anybody notice one having more of an effect on collar rubbing?

Thanks

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I have stillwater and his collars are doing a great job for me..holding up nicely and havent had any problems with collar rub at all.The collars are not yet a year old prob around 8 months and in good shape so far.

3. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Same here but the collars are about 3 years old and still looking good.

4. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Seatbelt collars are doing fine for me.

5. act284

act284 Big Dog

According to Stillwaters website it seems he does nylon on the inside and seatbelt material on the outer layer...

Any idea to why he does this?

6. hnelson

hnelson Big Dog

He is a member on here pm him. He explained it once but I can't remember lol I think for added durability.?

7. devonte151

devonte151 Fast Lane Bulldogs

I like nylon I just bought one where can I buy a bigger o ring because the one I being had is to smallfor it a 3 inch collar

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Good collars are worth every penny if you have dogs on chain setups.

9. coondog4

coondog4 Pup

We use all stillwater seatbelt collars on the hounds and bulldogs. About 10 collars are going on 8 years. They have been put through HELL!

Snow, ice, on the chain, through creeks and rivers, mountains, briars, bears, mountain lions, coons, extremely dry, extremely wet, extremely hot and cold, mud, trees and a host of other things.

We will NOT buy another collar!

Not too mention I have NEVER had a negative deal with stillwater.

He sent me more collars than I ordered. I told him and offered to either send them back or bring them to a show and he said it was his mistake and just keep the extra collars.

10. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

coondog4 you hunt bears and mountain lions with bulldogs and hounds? never heard of that hogs yeah but not bears and lions i would like to see some of that action.

11. coondog4

coondog4 Pup

No, the bulldogs don't hunt. The hounds are smart and do not run to catch, only tree. The bulldogs would run to catch, dog or animal, and would not make it out of the brush.