1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

# of puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Defend2DaEnd, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

The rescue I work with suckered me into keeping this female. I got a call that a black pit bull who was very pregnant was running the roads in a nearby city. So I went and caught her for the rescue before the shelter could. It wasn't hard she was in the parking lot of a grocery store and was coming up to anyone who would bend down for her. Well I have had her for four days which gives the rescue basic ownership by law. But this dog is not a pit bull, she seems to be a lab or possibly a boxer/lab. She looks like a lab with a bigger style head. Nothing in her face or body screams Pit Bull to me. A lady I know who has been looking for a lab dog for her kids fell in love with her and filled out an application for her and was approved. So she has a home, but the pups don't. She has to stay here til the pups are weaned. Anyways yesterday at noon I came home to feed them and let them out after a late night and no kids. She waited for me to come home, refused to go out and ran back into her whelping box everytime I tried to take her out. So I knew something was up. Between 12-3 she gave birth to three fat and healthy pups, one seal colored and two white ones. My question is what is the smallest litter that you have ever had? Because for a female of her size I expected (but didn't want) a litter of much bigger size. And here is me wishing I had a digital camera (since my ex broke in my house and stole mine) to show you guys the little cuties. I might have to go with a throw away : /.

2. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

sorry about the nutcase ex stealing your camera. i had a rottie give 2 pups once and she was HUGE!! lmao! we took her to the vet and the vet said "well, she must have just enjoyed her pregnancy, b/c there were none left!
    good luck with the pups, and great job finding a homefor mom! i am looking for a pup for a friend right now, any kind, as a gift. he is real lonely after a bad split from his ex and is in love with pepper!! :)

3. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

LOL if I can part from these pups then I'll ship one down. The adoption fee is $150 for pups $60 for adults. She had two boys and a girl. We nicknamed them Atlas- the female 2nd born, Taurus the seal first born and Felony the thirdy born

4. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

love the names! :) you need to get us some pics!!!
    hey btw~ attila has been missing! i bet gretchen had her pups!!!!! yay!!! :)

5. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I've seen litters of two. I think it's more of a breed thing than a size thing, it probably also depends on how the breeding went.

Good luck with those pups! You're lucky!

6. lonesharkpits

lonesharkpits Big Dog

I have a pup that came out of a litter of 2 and a female that only has one puppy everytime she is bred. She has to have a c-section everytime, because the pup is to big. She has been bred to a male that produces huge litters everytime, but always one with her. She has been to the vet and the problem is her. She has been bred twice and we have opted not to breed her again.

7. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

Hey D,,how old is the mom? when they are young their litters sometimes are small,,I love puppies,,I want to smell that puppy breath,,God Bless u on your rescue work,,let me know if I can help

8. Attila

Attila Guest

You are absolutly correct. Gretchen had nine pups all doing very well She started at 1050pm 6/12/06 and ended at 2am 6/13/06. I have been going in there every few minutes to check on them. Gretchen is a great mommy and I am so proud of her. This is her first litter. In fact in typing this I have gone in there twice. Sleep very light and every time the sqeek I wake and check in on her. If I were to ever had children I would be up all the time. I already have my favorites there are nine of them. Oh never mind I love all nine of them. on the not of the tread though. Nutrition, amount of eggs produced, condition of the male that bred her, if there was a full lock up, the females internal make up are all factors on litter size and some of them overlap into the others causes and means. I would be thankful if it was an adoption deal that the litter was small. Less to find homes for. But puppies are so much fun. Their like my grand puppies. He if I can't have kids I might as well call my dogs my kids. The good thing is they don't ask to drive my cars and trucks. And I get to pick who they go out with. What could be better than that? lol

9. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

Gretchin' did have pups what wonderful news I just looked in your gallery they are beautiful!! I like the male with the white head but they are all gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2006
  10. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Catch- I believe she is about 12-18 months. The pups are doing great. Fat and sassy. One white one got a spot on his back. So I'm thinking Dalmation? Maybe. I'll post pics when I get this film developed or figure out my cam corder/computer connection.