1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

OHMIDOG! : App-alling: A dogfighting app for your phone

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by ohmidog!, Apr 23, 2011.

1. ohmidog!

ohmidog! CH Dog

[​IMG]

A Google-owned company called Android has released a dogfighting game application called “Dog Wars,” in which players fight virtual dogs for virtual money.

Developed by Kage Games, the downloadable game allows players to choose an identity, pick their dogs and feed, train and fight them, thereby gaining “cred” and making money.

The game is now available for free download. Players can purchase virtual “adrenaline pens,” from Android which can be used to “revive your dog during a fight or even bring it back to life.”

“Never let your dog go hungry or thirsty… you must train it and feed it a while before you can fight other player’s dogs … Building Cred puts money in your pocket and lets you earn more in fights,” the game description reads.

“Let’s get it on!”

[​IMG]Given its exceedingly bad taste, and how it perpetuates pit bull myths and glamorizes cruel and illegal activity, there are many who’d rather see the game taken off — the market, that is. 

In a post on BSL News, (BSL standing for Breed Specific Legislation), readers are encouraged to flood both Google and Android with emails and complaints.

(Android Software does offer a website where people can complain about objectionable content in their games and apps. You can find it here.)

The makers sound more than a little defensive about the game.

“It is just a video game,” they say in the game description, as if anticipating some controversy. “Perhaps one day we will make gerbil wars or beta fish wars for people who can’t understand fantasy role play games …  Just because something is illegal in real life in certain countries, does not mean it is illegal to make a song, movie, or video game about it.”

It doesn’t mean it’s right, or smart, either.

What’s next, a game in which players compete to see how many children they can molest?

Sure, the folks at Android have a right to market any sick game concept they want. But my advice? Zap that app.

More...

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

if you have a Android take that shit back. there on the AR agenda this is gas on the fire. this don't help one bit.

3. stillborn

stillborn Banned

i think it's fantastic for all the internet doggers. at least they can virtually have an identity instead of making dog forums and on line ped services a train wreck. to me this is harmless and should be taken with a grain of salt. i think this game should be added to the forums games. I'll bet it would make it so no one would post anymore on the forum, as they would be so involved in their virtual Ch's. and thats a good thing. black ops doesn't make people by fatigues and AK 47's only to hit the streets killing people. it's a game, only a game.

4. jacko

jacko CH Dog

a game to the oppressed is a living hell !!

5. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

There IS an App for Everythng, Even for Dog Fighting

There IS an App for Everythng, Even for Dog Fighting
    Written by Steve Dale on 04.23.11 at 8:34 AM |

I know virtual gun fighting is legal, and if a virtual person dies - it's no big deal. I'm not sure if that is right or not, or if some video games are too violent. No matter, I shouldn't be surprised about the availability of virtual dog fighting.

I also know there's an app for everything - but this - in my opinion - is going too far. . . It's an Android application for dog fighting, called Dog Wars (developed by Kage Games LLC).

I downloaded the free version of Dog Wars. Under the training tab, for example, one goal is to train your dog to bite. The direction reads "Get a rope from the store to train your dog."

I haven't worked my way up yet to where my virtual dog is ready to fight.

Of course, supporting dog fighting is supporting a Felony. I also can't yet determine how graphic the violence on the app is depicted. But I'm thinking this is in no way appropriate for children. If it's really life - it's horrific, seeing dogs tear one another apart (being prodded by people to do it). Or if they don't depict just how horrible dog figjhting is, then dog fighting is pretty much being glamorized. The app treats dog fighting as if it's a sport.

From the game's own web page - here's what it says...I just cut 'n pasted. You decide.

"If you have a bug up your b*tt about the game concept, remember:
    1. It is just A VIDEO GAME
    2. Perhaps one day we will make gerbil wars or beta fish wars for people who can't understand fantasy role play games
    3. Just because something is illegal in real life in certain countries, does not mean it is illegal to make a song, movie, or video game about it (looking at you XDA Developer Forums... deleting our beta testing thread and banning our account?!)
    4. Just go slingshot some virtual birds to kill some virtual pigs.
    5. Go complain to someone who cares about Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Weed Farmer, Smoke a Bowl (these two are listed in the top 15 of casual games on Android Market) and maybe even Sierra's Leisure Suit Larry from 1987.
    6. This is listed as a HIGH MATURITY app, and does NOT violate the Terms of Use with the Google market in any way!!!
    Let's Get it On!"

If you read this over - preemptively, they are awaiting complaints, saying this app does not violate terms of use. I disagree. If you want to complain to Android (owned by Google), click
    HERE.

Here's a reality. Fighting dogs are taught to fight using innocent bait dogs. These dogs are the dogs raised for fighting who refuse to, are dogs stolen from private homes and backyards and sometimes cats. The dogs are prodded to fight using means so horrific, I hate to describe them here - some of these tactics really don't make the dogs "mean" but are just cruel, such as feeding them gunpowder. Dogs are typically raised alone, and without care from their mother's. Dogs spend most of their lives on heavy chains (often just out of reach of other dogs). Where there are dogfights, there are always other illegal activities going on. Supporting or legitimatizing the dogfighters, legitimatizes the wide array of other crimes they partake in, from stealing cars, selling drugs, robbery, even murder.

With all the apps on the market, Android doesn't need this one. Where was there quality control? Who's paying attention to terms of use? (thanks to Facebook fan Pearl H. for the idea of this post)

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/ste...n-app-for-everythng-even-for-dogfighting.html

6. Mark1427

Mark1427 Big Dog

Wonder if you will be breaking any laws being a dog fighter in the pretend world.
    I downloaded the game to see what it is all about, it is no different than Mafia Wars on Facebook. It is no different than the games where players pick up hookers and kill people walking down the street with their vehicles. There are better causes to fight that can be more productive. Mark

7. stillborn

stillborn Banned

be careful of anything you do pertaining to censorship, in essence all you're doing is taking away your own rights to free speech and then ultimately thoughts. thats a dangerous slippery slope folks. ask Larry Flint. not only do you allow our own government to take away all our civil liberties, all this does is keep closing doors. you don't like it, don't play it. but don't you dare start censoring me or
    my children of anything the constitution protects. censor yourselves, not society.

8. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

couldnt have said it better.if u dont understand read stillborns post again

9. stillborn

stillborn Banned

please watch, and LISTEN.

[video=youtube;AOexfvpLwBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOexfvpLwBc[/video]

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i don't see any larry flints coming to aid floyd,pat,hh, or jw? why on earth would you want more negative attention on folks that keep apbt. did you buy that 13 year old kid's book about being a dogman? was that a good idea ? this is the shit that ends up on dateline. do you really believe larry flint was fighting for our rights?

11. stillborn

stillborn Banned

did you watch the video? apparently not, as you're still trying to justify censorship.

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

lol justifying csnsorship. is that kids book download on your kindall app? where were you when them guys were facing the judge because i doubt you was there with picket signs. you believe larry flint gave two shits about our civil libberty. you'd be wrong it was nothing mor to flint then a way to keep generating income. watch all the movies you want. i can look outside and see what's going on.

13. stillborn

stillborn Banned

if you can see whats truly going on then we are both wide awake. if you know what the "all seeing eye" (revers side of the 1$ dollar bill ie:horus) is then you're wide awake, if not you're hypnotized by the few that control the many. and if that's the case lets agree to disagree. ;)

14. gold23

gold23 Pup

This shit app is just Wrong.

15. gold23

gold23 Pup

True BB the Breed doesn't need any more negative attention. This app can only cause more ignorance to the already ignorant. Jmo

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

stillborn did ya just recently discover zeitgeist or Bilderberg lol. you are a hypocrite because the fact is you have $ in your pocket now & most likely you have a job at some point in your life you were in school. you are asking me to watch a movie that was made by a studio that's owed by elitist witch in turn is ran by elitist themselves. it is you my friend that is hypnotized. by the way do you know the time?