1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Old Family Yellow John Bloodline

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by tonyheyward, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am looking for the Old Family of Yellow John Bloodline. If you know of anyone please contact :)

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Two diffrent bloodlines your asking for, its not "Old Family Yellow John" there is a

OFRN which usually consists of Hemphill, Wilder, Lightner, etc. There are many strains of OFRN coming off that blood, including Norrods, Sarona, and a bunch of Amstaff stuff.

Yellow John is an inbred Redboy dog. The result of breeding Redboy to Cleo and producing "Cat". Redboys direct daughter Cat was bred back to Redboy to produce Marlowes Red Feather. Red Feather was then, again bred back to Redboy to produce Yellow John. Making him carry 87.5% of Redboys blood. Also note, the one outcross in the pedigree in Cleo, is not too much of an outcross considering she goes back to a bit of the same blood that influenced Redboy in Colby's Dime. Really amazing he performed as he did, being so inbred. Redboy is also 75% inbred around his Father, "Teals Jeff". When you consider how tight these animals are bred, and worked as they did, its a phenomenal thing-these dogs were bred to produce, performance was probably not expected much out of these breedings-hell of a bonus. Of course, there are always those who will deny that is the way Redboy is bred as well.

3. I would like to know how can I find a top and bottom Yellow John without any out cross breeding only Yellow. If any still remain top and bottom without any redboy crossing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2007
  4. Big Rod

Big Rod Big Dog

Yellow John IS a redboy dog. Yellow is just a strain/branch off of redboy. So what im guessing you are looking for is a bulldog line bred or inbred yellow boy? Is that what you mean?

5. Big Rod

I want the old Yellow bloodline before it was cross to redboy. I want the 1990 Yellow John before any redboy crossing of any kind strictly Yellow.

6. Umm, but, what they're saying is ... Yellow John IS a Redboy dog ... as in, this is his ped and it's TIGHT REDBOY.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pedigrees/printPedigree.php?dog_id=388

Are you thinking of a different dog?

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

You are again confused, as I stated, Yellow John is a very inbred Redboy dog. He is 87.5% Redboy, 50% of which comes through him being a direct son of Redboy. There is no Yellow John without Redboy. I dont know how I can make it any more clear then anyone else has? Sorry.

8. Attila

Attila Guest

I am lost. Here is what I want. A cold beer and something for a head ache.

9. X

X Banned

The reason they performed and produced well as inbred as they may seem would probably be because Teal's Jeff was not extremely inbred (about 15% inbred to be a little more accurate) himself making Red Boy only about 29% inbred (as a genetic whole). Yellow John was actually only around 52-53% inbred, although he was triple bred off of a double bred dog.

For example, Stevens' Rum was 87.5% (89.14% according to Wright's Coefficient of Relation) Tripple Ott Red, a belly brother of Yellow John. Although she was off of a brother/sister breeding off of a triple bred, triple bred dog (off of a double bred dog), she was technically only around 65% inbred (which is more than extremely inbred, but less than it would seem).

But I agree, it was either solid breeding plans or a freak of nature either way. ;x

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2007
  10. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Tony, your confused. YELLOW, was a Redboy/Jocko dog. Is what you are looking for a pure tightbred Jocko dog? So YELLOW with no Redboy would be a Jocko dog.

And if that is the question, I don't know of any pure Jocko dogs. I'm sure some are around I just wouldn't know where or who.

11. Here is something to make you think Attila.....I have been looking everywhere and can't find an honest Frisco dog that doesn't have chinaman in it...can you help me?

Ha ha!

12. Twitty

Twitty Big Dog

oh I know where you can get one at! Nowhere! Or is it somewhere ! Hell is that possible? what are you talking about! ha ha! LOL there is nothing wrong with being a rookie but damn comprehend what you read. yellow is redboy and you you cannot have yellow if not for redboy! It's just that simple!

13. Twitty

Twitty Big Dog

I dont drink but I'll see your beer and rise you two Dr Peppers and a BC head ace power!

14. While we're on the subject, could anyone here point me in the direction of some Cuda pups? PURE cuda pups, BEFORE they were crossed with all that Mayday and Yellow stuff? Anyone? :D

(I kid.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.