1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Old game Bred Bull terriers

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Box Bulldog, Aug 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

Aww getting all upset because you discovered your grandads pride and joy Bull Terriers were nothing but show ponies....

2. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

3. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

This is a Gamedog site, you should join a show dog site....

4. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

Before my boy started that dob was the boss in my neighborhood, i think he was a dob above the average. He was red from germany..later in the years no dobs come very close to my boy.

5. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

There were some nice Bull Terriers in Australia.

Bt.png Bull Terrier 1920.png Bull Terrier 1914.png 1923 Bull Terrier.png

Box Bulldog, Dusty Road and DogMan85 like this.
  6. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

A Sucessful Pit dog from imported Australian stock by A.E. Betts of Frisco Sport fame.
    (1917)
    1917 - Moores Ch Diamond 1.jpg

(1919)

1919 - Moores Ch Diamond 5.jpg

Box Bulldog and italianpit like this.
  7. EBT

EBT Big Dog

8. EBT

EBT Big Dog

Except that can't be a bull terrier. Bull terriers were only for show.

bluedoglover and Box Bulldog like this.
  9. EBT

EBT Big Dog

And the treble . . .
    So I guess we're even. I don't know what a hyena is, and you don't know what an APBT is. Or an EBT. Or a bulldog.

You sure you didn't own a tosa or something?

Box Bulldog likes this.
  10. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

He was a Bull terrier my friend..

Box Bulldog likes this.
  11. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

What? The APBT did exist before the Bull Terrier.....

12. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

Well think what you like but my grandfathers dog was a 100% pit dog no if and's or buts about it and a good one at that. He had class and was a gentlemen that fought in WW1 and lived to talk about it. Something a lot of so called dogmen are lacking today. If dogmen acted more like my grandfather game dogs wouldn't have the rap sheet they have today. If it wasn't for men like my grandfather you would be typing this in German right now so I would appreciate it if you thought a little before you type if you are capable of doing that.
    IMG245 - Edited.jpg

bluedoglover and Robertosilva like this.
  13. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Some Pup (1915)
    1915 Some Pup.jpg

Box Bulldog likes this.
  14. EBT

EBT Big Dog

No mate. According to the "Dogman" bull terriers were show dogs and those game bred Aussies could not have possibly been bull terriers. They don't even look like them. Oh, wait . . .

15. EBT

EBT Big Dog

Sure it did. And it existed before the bulldog and staffy, as you also claimed, right?

:rolleyes:

And here we have the quote of the thread:
    The APBT was and is an evolution of the game dogs of England and Ireland to which all the above dogs evolved and branched off. None of them are the same dog they were 150 years ago. And they all have been inter-bred at some stage, to some deegree, to try to improve each breed.

What you are saying, dogboy, is that the real dogmen of America did absolutely nothing over almost two centuries to improve and refine their dogs. That they continued a particular line of dog from before the 1800s , uninterrupted, and without introducing any new blood or any guidelines or any knowledge or benchmarks to produce the very best alround dogs they could for their intended purpose - which was not just dog-fighting, by the way.

Absolute rubbish.

If you think the modern APBT is the same bull-and-terrier that it evolved from before the 1800s - and only the name has changed - then I've got an American Pitbull Akita to sell you. I'll even send you the link . . . ;)

Box Bulldog likes this.
  16. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

Makes me laugh, dead game yet alive and kicking....

You really are clueless sunshine. Come on then what breeds did the Yanks add to the British Pit Dogs that were shipped over to create the APBT......

I'll say it again, the APBT is older than the Bull Terrier and the Staff, form follows function not the other way around. You don't get performance dogs off of show ponies like the Bull Terrier and Staff...

17. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

Speaking German? The scary thing is you believe that....

I'll tell you what, Europe would be a much better place than it is now if Germany had won the war I guarantee, we wouldn't be overrun by dirty Ragheads for starters....

18. EBT

EBT Big Dog

How many Muslim migrants has Angela Merkel just taken in? How many Turks did Germany take in before that? And who was Germany allied with prior to and during WWI?

I didn't think it possible to find a subject you knew less about than dogs . . . but here we are.

bluedoglover and Box Bulldog like this.
  19. EBT

EBT Big Dog

The British pit dogs were a single breed?

Wow. That's news. I guess you really can't explain the ocean to a frog (as the Chinese say).

Anyway, you keep repeating yourself ad nauseam, dogboy. From what we've all seen here, that's pretty much all you've got. A mantra.

That's not a breed of dog, BTW.

Box Bulldog likes this.
  20. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

She's taken in too many that's for sure, thanks for the history lesson but my points are valid.

Hitler and his successors would never allow his own country to be suffocated by the poison that inhabits it now, we are not talking about Turks though are we dipshit??

Stick to your tales of show pony Bull Terriers Walt....