1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Old video of a wolfhound working 2 wolfs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by RedGoodbye, Dec 29, 2010.

1. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Old video I ran accross.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3170gvlnPwU&feature=related[/ame]

2. nobody

nobody Banned

wow that is an oldie, seen that 1 years ago

3. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

Those dogs aren't wolfhounds, I'm pretty sure they are Caucasian Ovcharkas.

4. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

Sarplanniac (sp).

5. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

I heard about that vid, supposedly it was actually purposely filmed as a demonstration of the volkodav's ability to kill wolves. The wolves were also pups and the video has been editted. When the dog was in trouble, the two guys seen in the vid pried the wolves off. They also put the wolves down on their backs to aid the dog in killing them. But this is what I heard about the video, not too sure if it is real or not but if you look at the video, it does skip a bit and looks like it has been editted.

6. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

The video shows a Volkodav, Volkodav meaning wolfhound. Volkodavs aren't a breed though, they are a title for a dog used as a live stock guardian, similar to the way we call any dog used for hunting a catch dog, they can be an apbt, american bulldog, etc. Most Volkodavs are Caucasian Ovtscharkas, Sarplanninacs and Central Asian Ovtscharkas. Though now the SDD, Kuvasz, and Tornjak are becoming popular in Russia.

7. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

Ohh okay, Thanks for the info.