1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

opinons on tri colored pits.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by americandream, Dec 19, 2005.

1. americandream

americandream Top Dog

what do you guys think of silver tri's blue tri's and champagne tri's?

2. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

There is are no such colors as "silver" or "champagne." Those are "designer" names puppy peddlers invented to sell more "rare" $1000 pups. A silver is nothing more than a light blue & a champagne is nothing more than a blue fawn.

That being said, I think all tris are beautiful! ;)

3. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Gr CH KOKO was considered a silver....

4. americandream

americandream Top Dog

do you have any pics of this dog? im wondering about a female pup thats a bluefawn tri shes so pretty but i was wondering if anything bad will be thought because of the color. black tris look a lot like rotties if you ask me but everyone knows pit come in all colors except merle of course :)

5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

You pick a pup for color, you get a disaster in return. A whole lot more should go into the picking of a pup (i.e. health, breeding-to standard!, etc.) that what color it is. Who cares about color.........oh wait.....the back yard breeders do. (I'm in NO way implying anything about you! Just wanting you to understand that ONLY back yard breeders & puppy peddlers base choice of dogs off of color)

6. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Like I said before, silver is just a designer term for light blue. A lot of ppl think blue is that medium grey we usually see, but it's not. Blue can range from a light almost silvery white all the way down to a dark almost black blue. The former peddlers have nicknamed silver & the latter they call either navy or violet. But when you cut the wheat from the chaff, they're just blues.

As for APBTs not coming in merle americandream, would you like to see mine? lol. A lot of ppl think merles are mixes but I've had merle APBTs since before most pl even knew what a merle was. I have either owned, bred or known the merles in the pedigrees of my dogs for 7 generations & counting as well as having multiple generational DNA verification.

Now, let me say up front YES some merle APBTs are mixed. But not ALL of them are. Just as there are mixed "pit bulls" that are blue, brindle or rednosed. But that doesn't make all blues, brindles, rednoses mixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2005
  7. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

You shouldn't care what others think of your dog...color doesn't matter. just watch out for overpriced "rare" colors. do you have a pic of her? do you know the breeder?

8. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

hmm, when i look at blues, that's what they are...just blue...i don't even think the light blue ones look silver...i would say that an extremely light buckskin looks more silver...but who cares about color!

9. americandream

americandream Top Dog

no im reseaching right now, but i do have 1 pic of her. i have seen both parents and they are pretty good fitting to the ukc standard. the pup is the runt he says. heres a pic of her.......

i havnt made up my mind about her yet.

i ment pit bulls dont come in merle as in its a disqulification. they shouldnt be merle.

Attached Files:

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Very cute pup!! But if she is of the UKC style, with all due respect I'd move on. The UKC standard is becoming very similar to the AKC AmStaff standard. It's not what a pit bull should look like & moreover it's unhealthy.

As for merle, yes it has been made a DQ. But who says they shouldn't be merle? Should I go buy a coat for my dog Trey so no one sees his fur? I'm glad he didn't hear you, you're going to give him a complex!! lol .... :D

11. americandream

americandream Top Dog

no i think they look neat and would be cool as a house pet. but i love to compete in shows no matter how much work you do or how skilled the merle is fun shows are the only option. please correct me if im wrong.

12. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

If you just want one for a pet, why not adopt? Putting money into a byb puppy peddler (yes that's what people who breed solely for "pretty" colors are) makes you no better. There are THOUSANDS of blue pit bulls of every shade in shelters across the US. Step it up & rescue instead of encouraging the act.

13. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

No, fun shows are not your only option. While UKC, ADBA & AAPBA do consider merle either a fault or DQ, but every kennel club besides those 3 do not consider merle a fault & merles are openly welcomed at their both their fun shows & point shows.

And I have to agree w/ Mia - if you are just looking for a pet, think about adopting a rescue. They have rescues of all ages & colors, to include blue, blue fawn, tricolor & merle. It'd shock you to see how many blues are in rescue right now waiting for a forever home! :(

14. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

does the guy who is selling these pups have an internet site?????or do you have pics of the parents too???

15. americandream

americandream Top Dog

interesting ABK. do you show your merle?

mia- like i siad in my last post i LOVE to show. weight pulling and conformation. im looking for a pet as well as a athletic confident, APBT. thats i can take to shows and do alright in. im not asking to be #1 but i wanna have some fun. i bet im gunna have a hard time finding a regestered APBT in a shelter.

anyways what did you think of her pic?

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Funny. You can take a shelter dog & get it's limited registration with the ADBA or UKC & show it. Most fun shows will allow them. You can weight pull them as well. But.........you cannot breed them down the road.

Do what you want. But you're only encouraging the back yard breeders & puppy peddlers of the world to keep producing "pit bulls" that stray far, far away from the breed standard. And thanks to those people, 50% of the gorgeous pit bulls, that come to us homeless, die.

17. americandream

americandream Top Dog

i found a pics of the parents they look pretty fat tho.... well anyways i dont think the pups where bred for color or anything....... the mother is a blue brindle and the dads a fawn. in the moms ped i noticed some watchdog bloodlines and butthead. ill have to check out some more tho....... heres the pics of the parents. adba and ukc reg.

Attached Files:

18. rocksteady

LMAO Gr CH Koko was NO DESIGNER BLUE DOG She wasnt even BLUE she was RED

19. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Rocksteady: My point exactly! I never said Koko was blue. I said: silver is not a color! Ppl could call Koko silver all day long, but she was still red. Just as peddlers call light blues silver & they are still what? Blues!

americandream: I show my merles every chance I get. As for rescue dogs, yes you can find them w/ papers & if you wanted you could show & pull through the ADBA's LLP progam so long as they're desexed.

20. rocksteady