1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Other breeds

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by real_one, Jul 12, 2009.

1. real_one

real_one Big Dog

I am curious to know what other breeds y'all would own provided you had the ideal set up to have another dog/dog's? Is there any other breed's of dog's that also stand out to you? If so what would you use them for (pet, guard dog, schutzhund, tracking or other use such as baying or what not) Let's here it y'all :)

2. simms

simms CH Dog

Texas blue lacey's and or black mouth cur.

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

catahoulas, for the farm

4. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

5. InBearsMemory

InBearsMemory Big Dog

We have a Husky in addition to our other two.
    If I had the space I would love to have a Belgian Malinois and I would love to get into French Ring with that dog.

6. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

Well, my wife is dead set against another terrier, our pit makes her arm break up if she pets it too much...:( But I would like a Bedlington Terrier, (well really I want a small game bred pit, lol). I'm pretty sure a Bedlington is hypo-allergetic.

7. preme

preme CH Dog

OLD ENGLISH BULLDOG AND I KNOW THE HEALTH PROBLEMS:cool: I JUST ALWAYS WANTED ONE MAN SINCE GRADE SCHOOL.

8. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Vizsla or rodesian ridgeback

9. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I want a peacock now that I know Rally Racer has one....Godda keep up wit the Jonses. lol

10. Muttkip

Muttkip Big Dog

Dobermann
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

11. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

Spanish Alano....

12. Shameless

Shameless Big Dog

Dogue de Bordeaux/French Mastiff or a Great Dane, probably more european lines with more solid looking Danes as opposed to the newer more showy type most see today.

13. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I love my JRT,(he is my pint sized pocket punk) best damn little dog I have ever owned. He aint much to look at but he has a work ethic to admire and be envious of. He is always working when he is out in the yard, he is always catching critters both above and below ground. The only real drawback to them is they have ZERO clue how small they truely are and that leads to issues with the bigger dogs in my home. He is no stranger finding himself on the other end of an asswhoopin but that doesn't seem to slow his roll any.

Great great dogs.

14. spliff

spliff Big Dog

rhodesian ridgeback or doberman

15. Franzi216

Franzi216 Top Dog

One and only English Bullterrier!:D

16. pitbb

pitbb Pup

Had a Dogue De Bordeaux, got lucky with mine he didn't have any major health issues and was more on the athletic type. Wouldn't mind getting another one if I can get over all the potential health issues...my list right now would be DDB, Hybrid AB, or Dogo Argentino.

17. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

All I know are Pits. My parents had 2 cocker spaniels but I don't want that kind of liability, those bastards are vicious, lol.

18. ryan

ryan Pup

Doberman Pinscher, the breed I grew up around. They were highly intelligent, easily trained, and obedient. We didn't work them but they would patrol the yard all night if we didn't put them up (garage/kennel run).

19. real_one

real_one Big Dog

I have a few that I would like to have in time. In not particular order here they are. Also all of these would be from good proven working stock.

Rottweiler
    Doberman
    Cane Corso
    Fila Brasileiro
    Jagdterrier
    Whippet

20. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Those arnt whippets ya feed now??? Coulda fooled me ROTFL:p