1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Out Hunting

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by TheIII, Jul 4, 2010.

1. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

Could you guys post up any forums you are on or that might be helpful for someone interested in hunting with their dogs. I'm interested to find what people are doing as far as hunting in Canada and northern USA and maybe get into working my boy on something like racoons. Just trying to accumulate knowledge on the topic of hunting with bulldogs, and other terrier or lurching breeds.
    Thanks

2. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

3. tryph

tryph Pup

many sound crazy but are you going to eat them

4. chucho

chucho Big Dog

Nice dogs bro. Good job.

5. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

I don't think people eat em. Also not my dogs found this picture on the net but I wouldent mind getting into hunting them.

6. zarna

zarna Big Dog

7. zarna

zarna Big Dog

8. peppapig

peppapig Banned

beware on that hunting life.anti's are all over it apparently....

9. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Yeah people eat raccoon.

10. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

Thanks guys & shit I guess people eat everything.....marinate it up nice and I probably would to :p

11. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

you guys will be ok talking as not from the uk where the laws are backwards but as anywhere use common sense.

12. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

i thought that was you wiyh your dogs?:confused:

13. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

I wish man...but no just some picture I found made me jealous.

14. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Coons open all year, canada wide pretty sure, same as wolf inour area, wolfs hunted in the winter mostly, easier tracking, but coon s open with dogs all year as long as you have permision to hunt the property your hunting,, and as far as your dog being loose, ide use a sent dog, then use bulldog as you catch or kill dog, but if your in deep deep bush just use your bull dog. Cause they cant do no harm out there. Bring gloves lol

15. have a quik ???,my bitch just got ahold of a groundhog and shes still nursing pups,what should i do to make sure that the pups dont get anything???

16. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

I would wash her well but I can't think anything tragic would happen from it if she's up to date Buck how do people generaly hut them...just tree it, shoot it, and let the bull finish it off when it lands?

ps. if you go on a hunting trip let me know.

17. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

we got 7 in tyhe back of the transport at work with boris, in less than an hour. it was stinkin hot and the trailer stunhk like coon shit, but there only on way out. i let the dogs finish them, dixie got one that craled threw the floor of the trailer.

the coon actually chewed there way threw the floor to get in and nest and breed.

you can hunt with a gun and tree them, i cant own a rifle till 2015 so i just dog with the dogs. and if you see one gettin away send another dog on it,(opposite sex tho) dog will finish a coon, you get a big tom coon you can help with a wrench or shovel if you see a young dog stuggling tho(peta gunna love that eh) but bring gloves, keep dogs up to date on shots, and a good wash after qand cleaning of the bite wounds, 50/50 peroxide&betadine, and apply poysporine after, never had a problem yet,

18. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

shouldnt have a problem at all! coon maybe cause of round worms, but with regular deworming and shots you should be good with them gophers and groundhogs;)

19. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

call me when your back we got two more trucks to clean out and it be a good controlled first hunt here at the yard for yah.

20. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

Sounds like a perfect senario Buck should be fun.