1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

outcast pit bulls?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Flavor4real, Apr 23, 2004.

1. 1dogman

1dogman Pup

I personally know some one in savannah that has several dogs from "big boi " and they are dead game. He also told me that all of there dogs in ATL are game. On the blue dog thing I kmow of a couple blue nose dogs that will hit a mack truck but they have never beaten a squirrel! They came out of mobsters pits in cali. (which by the way the breeder is a thief and crook) I also agree 100% on inbreeding bro to sis father to daughter brings out good and bad evenly, but when you have two close to perfect dogs which reflect the traits that you want I say run it! just do your homework on the ped. jmo

2. True_Bulldog

True_Bulldog Big Dog

Rocksteady do you have the pups fixed @ 8 weeks. If so what is your experience with doing this. I've heard good and bad about this, vets who do it and some who wont. I have a show bitch that I'd like to breed sometime for conformation dogs and the pet quality to be altered before going to their homes.

3. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

yes I do. Have never yet had any problems. I know that on the smaller female pups its sometimes better to wait a few more weeks since they're so small but over all, they heal faster and their hormones dont have a chance to get going lol. It ends alot of headaches..not knowing exactly what the new owners are planning (since many dont even care if they get papers or not) No matter how much checking you do..sometimes people are pretty good actors lol.

We've been getting pups fixed at 8 weeks since the mid 90's..

we also did the spay /neiter contract and required a refundable Down payment when proof was shown but even with that its sometimes a hassle... I mean. whats 50 tp a hundred dollars when you can breed and make $$$ (as they think)

And like all major surguries there are always some risk involved. our vet said that the longer one waits, the more chances you take of your dog coming down with problems later ..and that once their hormones get a flowing, many behaviors that could have been prevented from the spay or neuter dont always stop..

If your vet will do it that early, I'd do it. It does save alot of headaches and worries in the long run. And usually within a few days of surgury the pups can go to their new homes..