1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

outta these dog foods......

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MasFlow, Oct 6, 2004.

1. MasFlow

MasFlow Banned

which one would be best for my 9 month old pitbull?

pro plan

Nutro NC Ultra

Blue

?????

right now I'm feeding my pit dog chow he seems to doing fine but i kno i can make him come out even more, if not these any other dog foods?

2. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

Nutro is always the best choice. Pits fall in the medium/large dog category, so they should get puppy food for the first year and a half of life (a little longer is ok). But even after that, stick with nutro. The first ingredient in nutro is meat/meat bi-product. Most other dogs foods don't have that (it is corn or whatever). That is all I give my dogs, their coats look great and it keeps them healthy.

3. MasFlow

MasFlow Banned

okay thank you

this friday I'm going to petsmart to buy a big bag lol

4. MasFlow

MasFlow Banned

wait there's 3 kinds witch one?

nutro max

nutro natural choice

nutro nc ultra

do the have puppy brands of these versions?

and wait i have some other questions, how early can dog agresstion occur?

5. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

I just feed the nutro puppy. The Nutro NC Ultra is pretty new and I don't really know much about it, but anything nutro is good. I would say feed the regular nutro puppy food until your dog is a year old, then switch the to nutro nc ultra. Try to get the lamb and rice formula if possible. It is a little more expensive but it is really good for them. It makes their coats look great. As for dog aggression, it can occur at any age. Typically, when the dogs are young (say 2 to 3 months) it is mainly food aggression (i.e. not wanting anyone near them or their food). YOU MUST CORRECT THIS ASAP!!!! Or else it will progress into general animal aggression, and so on. The best way to correct a young pup and even an adult dog is to grab them by the scruff of their neck. It does not hurt them at all. If you ever see the nature shows, the animal mothers do it all the time. When you do it to your dog, it makes you appear as a mother figure and as the boss. But you have to make sure you stop the aggression. Even when playing. Like if you see your dog start to get worked up and you know it is going past playing, say his name and tell him to knock it off.

6. MasFlow

MasFlow Banned

okay thank you for the infomation

7. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I'd take Canidae over Nutro if I could feed it, but here we use Diamond and the BARF diet, now that fall is here, we are back on the BARF diet...
    BB

8. Roland64

Roland64 Pup

What about "Exclusive" with chicken and rice? I was told it was top shelf.

9. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Exclusive, if I'm thinking of the right food, is basically the same as Exceed and made by the same folks. I think if you go to Sams Club you get Exceed, Walmart you get Exclusive but I'm not 100% sure...I know my buddy feeds Exceed and he likes it alot...

BB

10. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Nutro Max Puppy is not a quality food by any stretch of the imagination. Exceed is Sam's Club and Maximum Nutrion is WalMart's equivalent.

11. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Hey BBK! Do you only feed raw in the fall??

12. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

From October to May we feed mostly BARF yes....

BB

13. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Also try Chicken Soup for the Puppy lovers ..about the same price as Canidae ..but specifically desgined for pups. Made by diamond. first 4 ingredients are meat ..no corn

14. pingers

pingers Pup

I feed my pitt anything meaty he aprecciates it his coat is looking like a diamond just feed your dog good food as long as it's from the market and not the black market. For instance dont feed your dog rats and birds or sweets feed your dog meat roll. And when youre cooking you and the missus tea sneak him a couple un-cooked chops or steak at a rashined cost. If your dog keeps shiting everywhere clean it straight up and feed him biscuits until you think it's time for your dog to make another mess.
    be careful feeding them to much raw food the dog might break it's chain if you know what i mean.

15. pingers

pingers Pup

oh i forgot to add puppies, dogs they love house scraps to, it tells me and shows the dog that they do listen to there masters. please remember to dish through the scraps and throw out what is not needed like sharp bones, pumpkin skins e.t.c my oppinion make an effort to keep your dogs pen looking tidy or groomed and it will be an exellent dog no matter what you feed it.

16. Marty

Marty Guest

Now come on raw meat doe's not make a dog blood thristy. Where are you getting your infomation from the media? :eek:

17. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

LOL I was thinking the same thing Marty, I get my meat fresh from the butcher for over a year now...and my little boy can still go near my "blood thirsty dogs" LOL

BB

18. thats funny.............

19. MasFlow

MasFlow Banned

but wait when i went on a breeders web site he said that dog food was good for them

witch way is it?

20. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

people have different methods of keeps on their dogs raw or commercial both are good just depends on the dog. that's the way i see it.