1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

pancreitis

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by CRG, Aug 17, 2004.

1. CRG

CRG Top Dog

well i found out what the spirochete was it is a bacteria that is in all dogs but cyrus had a larger amount then normal can be picked up in puddles,grass,almost any where. well after a long night of cyrus vomitting and bloody stools this morning he is at the vet for the next 2-3 days. the vet said he thinks it is pancreitis.its when the pancreas stops helping break down foods and nutrients. i was wondering if anybody has dealt with this before or knows how it is treated. the vet told me we would cross that bridge when we get there but i would like to be prepared ahead of time. thanks in advanced for any info

2. What do you feed your dog? do you ever feed him human food? or put bacon grease on his food?

3. There are a number of foods that can kill a dog. If you ever give him some type of poultry, the skin is a bad deal, also potato rines are a really bad deal too.

4. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I heard that this is caused by fat that has been cooked. As long as you are giving your dog good clean raw fat, then he should be fine. There are different theories that say blah blah blah is caused by this and that. I would just wait on what the vet says and just go from there. They would be able to tell you what caused it.

5. CRG

CRG Top Dog

no i dont feed him any human foods. feed him science diet lamd&rice formula. vet was closed today he left a message for me saying that he does have pancreaitis.so i have to wait til i talk to the vet this evening.

6. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

One other thing. From my understanding this is also hard to say its just caused by fat. Your dog may have always had a problem with it, but is just now showing signs. There is a problem though that caused it. Your vet should be able to tell. He/she may do some blood work on your dog to figure it out.

7. true, I agree. I would change from science diet to green diamond dog food tho.

8. CRG

CRG Top Dog

just got off phone with vet. said cyrus does have pancreaitis its not cureable but treatable.said they cannot pinpoint what caused it.also said dogs digestive systems are way more sensitive then humans they said anything from treats,rawhides,dog biscuits anything good have caused it an once they have had it once it is easier for them to get it again.he also said it is not the pancreaitis but the dehydration that comes along with it that can be fatal. but he should be able to come home tomorrow evening. apperciate the help.