1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Parvo

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by pitbull4.6, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

yeah deer hounds that came up last year gave it to my hounds too, all cause i let buddy keep half a dozen unvacced hounds on the yard i almost lost mine, we lost the house dog tho, the blue heeler sammy

2. popper

popper CH Dog

wereyour dogs vaccinated? nevermoind i saw last post

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
  3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

there dogs showed no signs of anything, and they were all ages 4mos - 8yrs old, so it was weird, they were all like not my hounds, but i figured there dogs here 1-2days everyones sick at the same time, same symptoms, and rushed to the vet, got a good vet, did the same thing i was gunna suggest they do, cause i had nothing on hand at home, so i payed vet prices, and they were really good with the dogs, but the cost was crazy for you can buy all they used for under $200-250 shipping included, and be ready, if the dog makes it 9 days its most likly gunna live, learn to saddle bag IV's and the doses of Tami-Flu and store pedylite solution on hand small guge needles for pups, if you have a litter coming, your gunna need a IV for every pup...needle for every pup... you may never need it, but then again how many folks on here have had parvo hit there yard before! :(, if you dont want to store that stuff, then chance never getting it, or footing the vet bills,

if your not able to do this stuff your self then dont get any more dogs than you can afford to take to the vet at one time all together, that what happens when the whole yard gets parvo!

4. popper

popper CH Dog

yes that is some good advice.... Tami flu i hear can be very helpful... the one dog died after 3 days... My other female was perfectly normal , jumping around after 3 days but skin and bone.i think if a dog can make it past a week chances are in your favor. but def good to have the meds on hand if you have dogs and pups on your yard. Parvo ran rampant down here about 2 years ago , it was nuts

5. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

when you get a parvo shot from the vet it is not for the cvp2 strain which is what most of the dogs are getting now. Tami flu is garbage, and should never be given to a dog. And silver doesnt get deep enough into the system to have any effect on parvo. Although I do use silver on cuts along with DSMO gel which will help pull the silver in, and help for pain.

And BOOGIEMANBLOOD You are a fuckin idiot, this is way over your head.
    My bad, you know it all, I forgot.

And for the record, my female had her shots for parvo, and died several months latter. All the other dog had no shots just a good diet. They to came down with parvo, but pulled through.

Go use the vaccs, Im not bashing anyone for them. Just do some research on vaccs first before you use them.
    Parvo can be brought onto your yard by a common house fly, bird, ect. the residue on their body/feet is enough to infect a dog. 1 ounce of infected shit contains around 50 million virus particles, it only takes 1000 particles to infect a dog. the cleanest yards going can still have it. And what really sucks, is that it can stay in the yard for 7yrs that we know of.

After my female died, we went fully holistic. I belive it was the best thing that I have done.

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

thats your opinion....
    seemed to work fine!! and the only one that didnt get tami flu died the house dog, she was taken to local vet and put on iv only all dogs fed 75% raw, and rest kibble and other suppliments, so hard to say it s no good, mine were brought in a day later then the heeler bitch, and mine pulled a total 180 when given it, i was there daily

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

yeah ive heard 5 yrs, but not an issue as we have moved since

8. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

tamiflus main side effect is vomiting and diarrhea. No parvo dog should be given anything that may induce vomiting or diarrhea.

9. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

the vet also doesnt record how much fluid(iv) the dog is intaking. Over hydration is just as bad. Like I said the vet has a 50/50 success rate. this recipe and products have a 92% success rate. IMO your gambling when you take a parvo dog to the vet, strange place, smells, people, isolated and shity methods of treating parvo puts way to much stress on a dog, which will never help. When a vet saves a parvo dog, there just getting lucky imo.

10. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

thats your opinion, it worked fine for me, and others, so i guess its a mtter of what your willing to try to save the dog

11. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

kimo therapy dont make you better just like that either, your bodies strong enought to make it , i guess its strong enought to make it, but that procedure....

you a vet tech or some thing medical wise?

12. simms

simms CH Dog

Tamiflu is better than useing nothing at all. And for the record, I do know for fact that most dogs that recieve treatment early onset of the parvo virus do survive with appropriate treatment. The vast majority of dogs that become infected with the parvo virus have no vaccine history or have never recieved vaccines.

13. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

to each their own, I just know that I will never lose another dog to parvo again. Can you say that.

14. simms

simms CH Dog

LOL you are silly to make such statements.

15. simms

simms CH Dog

lololololol

16. simms

simms CH Dog

Buck, did your DVM only use tamiflu and fluid therapy?

17. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

the amout of fluids is stamped on the bag, it has a drip valve for controlled flow, and you check your dogs frequinty to see how much fluid is being used, , and subtract whats not in the bag, and thats in the dog!! ;) or does it need a new bag, saddle bagging the dog puts it under the tissue and it soakes it up as it needs it, thats why you switch to front left shoulder from back right hip, then to back left hip to front right shoulder,..."saddle bagging".. any way like simms stated the vet did say it was better if caught earlier in the stages

18. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

the issue is that most people dont catch it in their dogs untill the vomiting/diarrhea. Which means they have had it anywhere from 3 to 15 days. Its fact that the vets dont have a very good track record with parvo, dont get so difencive about it. And thousands of dogs every year die from those same vaccs.

19. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

pedialyte solution and no vacs till a month later, didnt want to give infected dogs more curture virus in there system

imodiaom sort of pills to to coat the stomach and bung them up a bit also

20. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

said feed puraid chicken and rice, i added chicken broth as well and cooled down to warm, not hot, there guts are tender for about 2 weeks and when better they tend to want to over eat hardcore!